AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technology is full of glitches. If the GPS shows that she was in a different place at the time the phone pinged, then she couldn't have been there. Notice LE has stated that she was never there, not that her phone was never there or that Gabe was never there. Just that she was physically not in Victoria TX. This is how I am understanding it anyway.
I think that GPS is the the best shot they have of finding him.

Can LE really find out where someone has been just because they have a GPS device on them? I've had a Garmin for several years and don't think I can find out the route I took yesterday or last year unless it was locations I programmed into it. Does anyone know what info LE might actually be able to get off of GPS devices like a Garmin?

Was it verified that the cell phone ping came from a tower near Victoria or was that a statement made by Miss Tammi?

Can LE really find out where someone has been just because they have a GPS device on them? I've had a Garmin for several years and don't think I can find out the route I took yesterday or last year unless it was locations I programmed into it. Does anyone know what info LE might actually be able to get off of GPS devices like a Garmin?
The processor logs everything. I know that much. It's like checking a computer after things have been deleted. You might not be able to find the link to that site you were on yesterday, but if a tech expert gets hold of it, he can tell you the site, how long you stayed there, any links you clicked, etc.

as much as I have been following these threads, I STILL find myself confused about how long Tammi and Jack actually KNEW Elizabeth, what the timeline was when they actually watched him prior to his disappearance, what the date is they met, etc ad nauseam. I don't get how after reading 6 threads I still don't get this, but I don't. Is it just me? Probably. Anyone know of a timeline posted?

my brain hurts today.

HURRAY!!!!!

LE have the GPS and are tracing her movements!!!!

I missed NG, just when I was all set up and had everything quiet my mom called,,,,can't not answer her call. Will have to catch the later one.

But LE is just NOW going through the GPS?? Is that what they said?

Was it verified that the cell phone ping came from a tower near Victoria or was that a statement made by Miss Tammi?

I don't think either. It was supposedly from court docs that we were never privy to.

I don't think either. It was supposedly from court docs that we were never privy to.

In a court document? How would that have happened? I haven't read it anywhere, I've only heard it from Tammi on NG.

I'm curious also how sophisticated the device is compared with other brands, or factory installed GPS.

I missed NG, just when I was all set up and had everything quiet my mom called,,,,can't not answer her call. Will have to catch the later one.

But LE is just NOW going through the GPS?? Is that what they said?

They didn't say whether or not it was just now, just that they were going through the report of wherever she had been. It's about the best tool they've got right now.

So as of right now, EJ is facing 15 years in prison? I heard that on HLN this morning.

So here's the question...was her car in Victoria? NO, according to the GPS it was not.
Was she in Victoria on her cell phone? Quite possibly...if she rode to Victoria from San Antonio with the couple adopting Gabriel. Maybe they went to an Attorney's office in Victoria to sign the legal paperwork then the couple drove her back to San Antonio and dropped her at the hotel. Just another theory...

as much as I have been following these threads, I STILL find myself confused about how long Tammi and Jack actually KNEW Elizabeth, what the timeline was when they actually watched him prior to his disappearance, what the date is they met, etc ad nauseam. I don't get how after reading 6 threads I still don't get this, but I don't. Is it just me? Probably. Anyone know of a timeline posted?

my brain hurts today.

WSers, correct me if I'm wrong.......and I KNOW you will, lol.....

Tammi met EJ at Boston Logan airport around June, when Gabe was a month old. EJ was returning to AZ from visiting family in Boston. Don't know where TS was returning from.

They admit to renewing the relationship around late Nov. No one, that I recall, has mentioned how the renewal came about, or if there was any other contact between June and Nov/Dec, but they are talking adoption at this point.

Somehow, EJ ends up leaving Gabe with them on or about 12/8, after she's had a fight with Logan and thrown him out of the trailer they share. Then, there's all the court, custody stuff going on between EJ and Logan. EJ meets TS at a church in AZ on 12/18 to get Gabe back, supposedly to take him to visit with Logan, but instead, skips town.

I didn't think the Tornado Bus she took to FL went through there. :waitasec:

some say it did/could of, others say it didn't/couldn't.

At least that is the last that I actually put a bunch of time into that aspect of the case. lol Kinda gave up on it when it seemed as if it was a lost cause.

If I were a San Antonian and I had lost my cell phone and someone told me that they verified a ping near Victoria, TX, what kind of scenario would I be able to put together as to how that phone got there. I lost it and someone picked it up and used it? Did I want to ditch the phone and threw it in someone's car and they discovered it and started pushing buttons trying to find the owner? Maybe I was someone like EJ and was trying to throw off anyone looking for me so, I went to a Greyhound Bus station and conveniently ditched the phone on one of their busses because they DO go through Victoria, TX on their route to Florida? Any thoughts on that?

In a court document? How would that have happened? I haven't read it anywhere, I've only heard it from Tammi on NG.
It seems the reporter got it from court docs, but didn't link to the original, might not have been able to post it publicly. The article came out with it before NG did, I'll try to find the link.

Here's one, although not the first one.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/01/07/20100107missingbaby0108.html
While on the run, she texted the baby's father and told him in a subsequent phone conversation that she killed Gabriel and was leaving the country. Police tracked her cellphone to Victoria, Texas, according to court documents.

I so wanted them to show the Smiths' faces while that guy was saying that the GPS would reveal every single place EJ went.

ME TOO!!! I kept hoping they'd put the camera back on them, but no.

My favorite part of the show tonight, though, was when Nancy read the results of the polygraph tests and said, "inconclusive . . . NOT GOOD."

And here they thought Nance was their friend . . . they did look a little crestfallen then.

It seems the reporter got it from court docs, but didn't link to the original, might not have been able to post it publicly. The article came out with it before NG did, I'll try to find the link.

Here's one, although not the first one.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/01/07/20100107missingbaby0108.html
While on the run, she texted the baby's father and told him in a subsequent phone conversation that she killed Gabriel and was leaving the country. Police tracked her cellphone to Victoria, Texas, according to court documents.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149226

Then the Victoria newspaper said Tempe PD told them different
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/jan/11/lv_missingbaby_011210_81170/?news

ME TOO!!! I kept hoping they'd put the camera back on them, but no.

My favorite part of the show tonight, though, was when Nancy read the results of the polygraph tests and said, "inconclusive . . . NOT GOOD."

And here they though Nance was their friend . . . they did look a little crestfallen then.

Of all the interviews I've seen of them so far, tonight made me the most suspicious. Jack seems to have made the decision they're not going down for this. They are coming across as the victim's now because "they've been duped". Yeah.......right......and how many people have you "duped"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinfowler