AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doe Network says that the remains were possibly located in 2018. Is that true?

Article from January 15, 2019

Officials had hoped a Sept. 5, 2018, excavation at Citizens Cemetery in Flagstaff, Ariz., would unearth the lost remains of a girl dubbed Little Miss X. The teenage girl’s body was found in the Grand Canyon in 1958, but, after an initial investigation turned out to be inconclusive, the remains were reburied and lost in the 1960s, officials have said.
------------------------------------------------------------
However, tests on the recently recovered remains show it was not the body of Little Miss X, said Lt. Gerrit Boeck of the Criminal Investigation Division of Arizona’s Coconino County Sheriff’s Office.

“It is definitely a disappointment,” Boeck said. “We were hoping to solve this case and provide closure to families of loved ones.”
Connie Smith mystery remains unsolved

Article from January 15, 2019

Officials had hoped a Sept. 5, 2018, excavation at Citizens Cemetery in Flagstaff, Ariz., would unearth the lost remains of a girl dubbed Little Miss X. The teenage girl’s body was found in the Grand Canyon in 1958, but, after an initial investigation turned out to be inconclusive, the remains were reburied and lost in the 1960s, officials have said.
------------------------------------------------------------
However, tests on the recently recovered remains show it was not the body of Little Miss X, said Lt. Gerrit Boeck of the Criminal Investigation Division of Arizona’s Coconino County Sheriff’s Office.

“It is definitely a disappointment,” Boeck said. “We were hoping to solve this case and provide closure to families of loved ones.”
Connie Smith mystery remains unsolved

Very disappointing.

I wish she had DNA available so they could attempt genetic genealogy, as I'm inclined to think it's the only way this will be solved.

Not sure that many native American people have participated in genetic genealogy? Not looking for a link, but I've read that most submitters are of European ancestry.

(23&Me did place my lines in accurate counties in Ireland.)

Who is this young lady, where are Mary Begay & Ida Lee???

JMHO YMMV

How was Pinky Redman excluded?

Dentals? Was it because they believe that she was dead long before Redman went missing?

She's perfect for the UID. The capri pants, the nail file with the initials PR, the height, the location, she fits.

How was Pinky Redman excluded?

Dentals? Was it because they believe that she was dead long before Redman went missing?

She's perfect for the UID. The capri pants, the nail file with the initials PR, the height, the location, she fits.

I don't believe investigators ever said how they excluded Donnis Redman. They cases don't have matching identifiers - last I knew, Donnis only had DNA, and these remains only had dentals.
Not sure they would tell us how she was excluded, due to privacy.

I honestly think this is Pinky Redman. If she is, then what in the world could have happened?!

I honestly think this is Pinky Redman. If she is, then what in the world could have happened?!

Unless we know how they excluded, especially where they don't have matching identifiers, I will have my doubts about the conclusion, too.
As to what in the world could have happened, we'll probably never know, no matter who the remains turn out to be. Folks go missing in or around national parks all the time. Some are never found, some are found deceased years later, with no apparent cause of death. And a good portion of them are found without any clothes or shoes on the body, yet not there are no signs of foul play, either. Not sure if this applies here, but I'm just saying, one of the mysteries of found missing persons is a lack of clothing on the remains, even in the remotest of areas.

There's a photo of LMX's skull somewhere. I'm going to try to compare the skull and the smiling photo of Pinky. That's how Jimmy Reymer was ID'd

There's a photo of LMX's skull somewhere. I'm going to try to compare the skull and the smiling photo of Pinky. That's how Jimmy Reymer was ID'd
I thought I kept a picture of that as well, but can't find where I saved it.

ETA: IIRC, it was originally in NamUs, but isn't there anymore.

Last edited:
Unless we know how they excluded, especially where they don't have matching identifiers, I will have my doubts about the conclusion, too.
As to what in the world could have happened, we'll probably never know, no matter who the remains turn out to be. Folks go missing in or around national parks all the time. Some are never found, some are found deceased years later, with no apparent cause of death. And a good portion of them are found without any clothes or shoes on the body, yet not there are no signs of foul play, either. Not sure if this applies here, but I'm just saying, one of the mysteries of found missing persons is a lack of clothing on the remains, even in the remotest of areas.

Absence of clothing often indicates hypothermia. In the late stages, the person paradoxically feels hot and may throw off all clothing. Kind of like a hot flash I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local
Back