Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really curious about the dogs too. One reason is because of the incident the day earlier,where the family got a 'ticket' for having the dogs running free. I may be wrong, but in my experience, in order to get the authorities upset about dogs running free, it is usually bigger dogs that get attention.

If your two pugs are running around nobody usually cares too much. But if your shepherds or pit bulls are out, someone is going to call and complain. imo

I agree with what you say there...people usually react to small dogs with concern, and big dogs with fear. And what you wrote made me wonder... what if...what if the very reason the dogs got out the day or so before was due to someone casing the house/doing a dry run ahead of time and letting the dogs out?

We had to cut out early due to a cranky little one. It was held between he office max and circuit city. The entire area between the Party City and the office max is taped off and the TPD command post RVs are there. As we were leaving some from Pima County's Search and Rescue unit came riding up on ATV's. KVOA had their big satellite truck and there were a few other non-marked satellite trucks.
A quick runaround shows the alley behind the shopping center is taped off. I could see from Broadway that some of the streets are taped off.
I got there a tad late so I don't know if anyone in her fam was present. Flyers were handed out. There were songs and Catholic prayers...and then my 3yo started to melt down. Sigh.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thefragile! I vote you Tucson's best and only reporter! Hopefully the news reporters will be rested after the weekend. Hey they are only 3. Been there, kwym.

I talked to serveral people in the business today of reporting/writers. I found out, which I knew already but it hit home today, that we have had a failing economy and everyone finds it easier to go online to read the news. Our local newspaper wants revived, I just don't see that happening. No more complaining about my local news, going to do some talking here about it.

Has there been a reward mentioned? I'm going to put a hint to someone(s) that might help. At least I hope they do.

I am from Tucson. And we are a strong community and band together in times of need! I pray Isabel is found safe. And does anybody know how old her brothers are!!?

Wise and ambitious.
adjectives for adults, not 6 year olds.
Hmmmmmmmmm

I really dislike when we start "eyeballing" family members in these cases, but those words are really strange. Makes me think about how pedos think that the child wants and enjoys what they want.

I'm not saying that i suspect this man, it's just that i too find those words odd.

JMO, but the walled yard is excellent cover for a perp to crawl in a window. Neighbors wouldn't see anything.

Wise and ambitious.
adjectives for adults, not 6 year olds.
Hmmmmmmmmm

True, I raised my children out here, I may have been overly informative at times due to some events that occurred where we lived. I always tried to keep up with the news, meet the parents, but something changes when they are teens, lol. I do find that it's an adult interpitation of what they tried to convey possibly. I think they may have meant she new Tucson and had been informed some of bad things that could happen & Isabel loved doing anything .. jmo

Thanks Thefragile! I vote you Tucson's best and only reporter! Hopefully the news reporters will be rested after the weekend. Hey they are only 3. Been there, kwym.

I talked to serveral people in the business today of reporting/writers. I found out, which I knew already but it hit home today, that we have had a failing economy and everyone finds it easier to go online to read the news. Our local newspaper wants revived, I just don't see that happening. No more complaining about my local news, going to do some talking here about it.

Has there been a reward mentioned? I'm going to put a hint to someone(s) that might help. At least I hope they do.

Rofl! Too kind you are.....Nursebeeme and others are the ones who have getting the up to date info printed here...I haven't done that much IMO lol!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Kvoa said that police were holding a press conference at midnight AZ time but I haven't seen anything, have you guys? They said they have updates, I hope it's not bad news..

FBI dogs search missing child's Tucson home

http://www.kxan.com/dpps/news/natio...h-missing-childs-tucson-home-nt12-jgr_4147375

Investigators early Monday sent FBI dogs trained for urban searches into the Tucson home where a 6-year-old girl disappeared as teams of law officers worked to determine if she was abducted.

The dogs arrived from the FBI's Virginia headquarters late Sunday and began searching at the home around midnight, said police Sgt. Marco Borboa.

"We have deployed the dogs and they're working at the residence," he said Monday.

Anyone know what special FBI dogs flown in from Virginia would be for? How would these differ from local hounds or LE dogs?

And are they working in the home to get a scent?

A couple of things strike me: First of all, their little neighborhood seems to be surrounded by heavy commercial areas on all sides but the south. In order to stay away from camera coverage a perp would probably head south, imo, unless they belong in that area. Also, unfortunately, I see the immediate area as surrounded by commercial, retail, and food service dumpsters... not a happy thought. :(

Secondly, when heading south out of the area, there's not a smooth transition to a major road. So, in looking for some place nearby that's secluded, away from cameras, and has the ability to hide a crime taking place-- the first spot I come to is where S. Chantilly dead ends going south. Surely they've run dogs through all those alley ways, right?

I think a person could easily go out North to Broadway. If you use google maps and street view it if you go up to Broadway you'll see a Shoe Pavillion on your left, and a strip of stores on the right with a solid white wall. The Shoe Pavillion no longer exists, it's now a Five Guys and does not face that street (is it technically a street or a glorified alley?) it faces Broadway to the North and Craycroft to the West. Circuit City is also empty or at least it was a year ago when I visited (can anyone confirm this). I don't think it would be unheard of to travel that way and hit Broadway quickly.

I have a couple of thoughts to share:
1) She played baseball and was to play on Saturday. I say interview all the parents and kids that frequent those games to see if they recall anybody watching the game in past weeks, someone that stuck out, or seemed odd at the time. Could lead to a suspect description or vehicle.

2) I am surprised this hasn't come up yet, but do you realize what a superb location their house is for perve stalker? That parking lot creeps me out. What if someone working at that store has been eying her for weeks -maybe someone who hangs out on the loading docs, takes smoke breaks out back...or a delivery truck driver... Can anyone identify what that store is? I found possibilities to be Circuit City, Office Max... I say get in touch with that store and the surrounding store not just to get their cams, but to vet their employees! Has anyone not shown up for work? Were there any deliveries from big rigs on Friday evening? What if her window is the one on the opposite end of the garage... where you can see one small window, then two larger windows to the right... it is like birds eye view from that loading dock. Creepy. If that is her window, then low to the ground and fairly secluded from other windows...

3) Another, more quirky Lifetime Movie thought is what if it is a female? Who says that person entered the house the window? What if it was a female who lured Isa to the window and gave some lame "your mom is hurt" story--and the girl trusted a female and agreed to climb out the window quietly... How about a nurse who works with the Mom and is jealous she has a little girl...hears about the perfect girl all the time and wants her for herself. I know, very far fetched, but...

I do not believe anyone in the family is involved whatsoever.

BBM The store is an old Circuit City, it is vacant. Or at the very least it was positively vacant a year ago and I'm under the impression it still is.

I am an RN... I just posted an article upstream that she works at a hospital and got the call at work...

hospitals work 12 hour shifts 7a-7p (she most likely left around 6ish am in order to get there, get stuff around, get ready for report)

moo as a nurse

eta: not sure if she got the call at work

Not all of them, Nurse. We have 8 hr shifts here... 7 to 3, 3 to 11, and 11 to 7. My SIL is an RN, and I have other family members and friends who are nurses as well. Some hospitals still have 8 hr shifts.

The FBI sent agents and an evidence-recovery team to help in the search. A special FBI search dog arrived Sunday from Quantico, Va., to help.
The U.S. Marshals Office is helping in the search, and the Arizona Department of Corrections sent bloodhounds. Both the Pima County Sheriff's Department and the multi-agency Rapid Response Team sent search-and-rescue personnel. The Tucson Fire Department provided equipment and personnel.

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...119-5aae-8d02-f140378d0812.html#ixzz1srcpzimB

Friends opened an account for the Celis family. Ballesteros said the public can donate money to the family through Tucson Medical Center at https://www.tmcaz.com/TMCFoundation/
David Andrews, a co-worker of Isabel's mother, said she takes care of everyone else's children, and that he and others came to support the Celis family.
"Isa, we're looking for you, baby girl. We love you," he said.

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...119-5aae-8d02-f140378d0812.html#ixzz1srcwYBrx

--------

Investigators early Monday sent FBI dogs trained for urban searches into the Tucson home where a 6-year-old girl disappeared as teams of law officers worked to determine if she was abducted.
Two days of searching by scores of police and officers from several agencies failed to locate first-grader Isabel Mercedes Celis, who police said was last seen by her family in her bedroom at 11 p.m. Friday. When she was discovered missing at 8 a.m. Saturday, they called police.

The dogs arrived from the FBI's Virginia headquarters late Sunday and began searching at the home around midnight, said police Sgt. Marco Borboa.

"We have deployed the dogs and they're working at the residence," he said Monday.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=13&articleid=20120423_13_0_TUCSON918729

----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members