Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"She hasn't been allowed to help look for her daughter," Littlehorn said of Becky Celis.

Littlehorn has worked with Becky Celis as a registered nurse at Tucson Medical Center for five years. She said Isabel, whose nickname is Isa, loved to play baseball and dance; the girl was supposed to play in a baseball game Saturday.

"She's just the sweetest, she is feisty, she's full of life and spirit," Littlehorn said.

She said Becky Celis is a registered nurse in the pediatrics unit and Sergio Celis is a dental hygienist. There's no way anyone in the family is involved in the disappearance, she said.

"We all feel this is somebody who's been watching 'Isa' for some amount of time to know where her bedroom is," Littlehorn said.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=13&articleid=20120423_13_0_TUCSON918729

-------------

Investigators found "suspicious circumstances around a possible entry point" at the home of a 6-year-old Arizona girl whose disappearance has prompted a massive search, with more than 150 law enforcement officers trying to figure out whether she was abducted, a police spokeswoman said Sunday.
Tucson police Sgt. Maria Hawke wouldn't comment Sunday on whether the entry point was a bedroom window or a door. But family friend Mary Littlehorn said she heard from others close to the family that a window screen in the girl's bedroom had been knocked down.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...-missing-tucson-6-year-old-case#ixzz1srluRuXa

another snip:

Pacheco wouldn't comment on the suspicious "entry point," saying: "I don't want to compromise anything."

Can I ask for a really quick recap? I'm trying to catch up but I'm 17 pages behind. I saw this on Facebook, but there's a lot of updated articles that don't cover it from the beginning. I've caught that she's 6 years old and her parents both live in the house, IIRC, and she's surrounded by RSO's, but not much else. Help a sleuther out, LOL. TIA.

Do we have a good photo of the house to determine how high the windows are in the house from the ground and where Isabel's bedroom is located? TIA

Can I ask for a really quick recap? I'm trying to catch up but I'm 17 pages behind. I saw this on Facebook, but there's a lot of updated articles that don't cover it from the beginning. I've caught that she's 6 years old and her parents both live in the house, IIRC, and she's surrounded by RSO's, but not much else. Help a sleuther out, LOL. TIA.

That is about all there is to know now.

She was there with her family. Her mother, father and two brothers.

Her mom is a nurse and her dad is a dental hygeniest.

Screen off of her bedroom window.

Window was up during the night. Probably due to the warm weather.

IMO

Do we have a good photo of the house to determine how high the windows are in the house from the ground and where Isabel's bedroom is located? TIA

I am not sure but the police immediately blocked off the area around her home and still have about a couple of blocks cordoned off.

So I dont know if they are letting the media get that close?

IMO

next update at 8am

At a press conference just moments ago, Tucson Police Chief, Roberto Villasenor told media that law enforcement is investigating more than a hundred leads in the search for missing 6-year-old, Isabel Celis.

Additionally, alerts made by highly trained FBI canine units have given police some new direction, and Villasenor says police are working with the dog handlers to interpret what the alerts mean
http://www.kvoa.com/news/chief-of-police-speaks-on-the-search-for-isabel-celis/

***8am Tucson time=11am EST***

KVOA ‏ @KVOA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
TPD Update: "We are investigating over a hundred leads...broken window is a point of entry we are looking at." #isabelcelis #tucsontoday

Police Chief Roberto Villasenor says the dogs hit on something, but would not say what.

Investigators have asked the family to leave the home during this part of the investigation.

Chief Villasenor said Monday morning the child's window was open and the screen removed.

Detectives are looking at that as a possible suspicious point of entry.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17657044/dogs-brought-in-to-missing-girls-home

point of entry (not exit) is important to note imhoo

The dogs, according to the KVOA reporter on Live News KVOA, the dogs are "search and rescue" dogs . (No link to report as I watched it Live Stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member