Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overnight, a team of two FBI K9s arrived from Virigina. They began their initial search of the home late last night, and alerted police to new evidence. Police will not say what that evidence is, but they have since sealed off the home. Family members are not allowed back inside at this time. They did confirm a screen was removed from a window in the girl's bedroom, but will not say if that was the point of entry into the bedroom.
http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/148515015.html

the bbm sounds like they are holding the house on a warrant imhoo

From the KVOA Facebook:
TPD Police Chief, Roberto Villasenor just spoke to media. He announced that investigators are chasing over a hundred leads.

Did anybody gather any new information from that press conference this morning? The police kept saying they couldn't give any details but they are asking the public NOT to conduct their own searches and that, at this point, all they would like folks to do is keep handing out fliers. Did I miss anything important?

This is so weird to me because this is my area and it's just so hard for me to imagine something like this happening. The south side is generally considered the dangerous part of town, the east side is usually a pretty decent part of town. I'm just frustrated that the police can't really tell us what they're thinking but they have to be thinking something since they called the dogs in?

I don't know. But I am happy to see the community pulling together during times like these. Everybody is already asking when they can volunteer to search but they don't want any volunteers yet. I hope we get more information soon.

CNN online is going to cover the press conference. I only have a link to the flash player that I have saved for years, and for the life of me can't find the other link for CNN live online to post for everyone. :(

Does anyone have the other link?

They are going to process the house today. They are going to contact the family today to see if they want to speak to teh media. It is "their call."

2 separate types of dogs - different scents. He says he can't elaborate exactly on what the dogs do, doesn't want to compromise the integrity of the investigation.

2 separate types of dogs - different scents. He says he can't elaborate exactly on what the dogs do, doesn't want to compromise the integrity of the investigation.

that doesn't give me a good feeling

This is the same thing the Florida police said when Jessica Lunsford went missing and they never did alert the community that they had a pedophile stealing children out of their homes either.

imo

he said they sealed the house "again" based on the dog hits and are processing it.

Sounds like they're going door-to-door in the neighborhood and talking to everyone.

Where are the parents? LE knows where they went (didn't say where).

They are going to process the house today. They are going to contact the family today to see if they want to speak to teh media. It is "their call."

Well I am shocked that they are just declaring Isa's home a crime scene. That should have been done immediately even if she was kidnapped by a pedophile or something else happened. Of course this is a crime scene. She went missing from that home.:banghead:

When Jessica Lunsford went missing the family immediately had to leave their home so that LE could come in and search for evidence.

My thoughts and prayers are with Isabel this morning. I just noticed this case this morning so I have some catching up to do.

Mel

Some leads are sightings, some are knowledge of habits, personal info.

Sounds like they're going door-to-door in the neighborhood and talking to everyone.

It seems like they have a lot of family in the area, so my guess would be that they are staying with family.

Uncles, grandparents, etc. all seem to live nearby.

won't comment on if there is any other evidence of a struggle in the bedroom... there is another briefing in two hours..

that would be 1pm est

He won't talk about the family's story or statements about what happened.

I dont know where they are but I have read they left the home when this first happened after they contacted police.

Maybe staying with family or friends.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads