Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17654033/3-mobile-homes-catch-fire
Article about the fire

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17652635/search-continues-sunday-for-missing-6-year-old-girl
Updated article with a few new tidbits:

"Celis' father went into her bedroom to wake her up the next morning only to find her missing from her bedroom. The family dialed 9-1-1 at 8 a.m. Saturday.

Villaseñor said the girl's mother had left the home for work on Saturday morning"

"The Academy of Tucson student was last seen with her hair in two long braids"

http://www.academyoftucson.com/

Sergio and Rebecca's house on Google street maps (5602 E 12th) looks like it is surrounded by a fairly tall wall. There appears to be a gate by the garage door but it is doesn't appear to be a house with direct access to the windows. IMO, it seems to be an unlikely choice for an abduction by a stranger, but IDK....
Maybe I'm totally out to lunch and looking at the wrong house. Going for coffee now.....

I believe it is at least someone who has watched the family closely or been at their house, knows the layout and their routine.

:(

MOO

I have a couple of thoughts to share:
1) She played baseball and was to play on Saturday. I say interview all the parents and kids that frequent those games to see if they recall anybody watching the game in past weeks, someone that stuck out, or seemed odd at the time. Could lead to a suspect description or vehicle.

2) I am surprised this hasn't come up yet, but do you realize what a superb location their house is for perve stalker? That parking lot creeps me out. What if someone working at that store has been eying her for weeks -maybe someone who hangs out on the loading docs, takes smoke breaks out back...or a delivery truck driver... Can anyone identify what that store is? I found possibilities to be Circuit City, Office Max... I say get in touch with that store and the surrounding store not just to get their cams, but to vet their employees! Has anyone not shown up for work? Were there any deliveries from big rigs on Friday evening? What if her window is the one on the opposite end of the garage... where you can see one small window, then two larger windows to the right... it is like birds eye view from that loading dock. Creepy. If that is her window, then low to the ground and fairly secluded from other windows...

3) Another, more quirky Lifetime Movie thought is what if it is a female? Who says that person entered the house the window? What if it was a female who lured Isa to the window and gave some lame "your mom is hurt" story--and the girl trusted a female and agreed to climb out the window quietly... How about a nurse who works with the Mom and is jealous she has a little girl...hears about the perfect girl all the time and wants her for herself. I know, very far fetched, but...

I do not believe anyone in the family is involved whatsoever.

1) She played baseball and was to play on Saturday. I say interview all the parents and kids that frequent those games to see if they recall anybody watching the game in past weeks, someone that stuck out, or seemed odd at the time. Could lead to a suspect description or vehicle.

2) I am surprised this hasn't come up yet, but do you realize what a superb location their house is for perve stalker? That parking lot creeps me out. What if someone working at that store has been eying her for weeks -maybe someone who hangs out on the loading docs, takes smoke breaks out back...or a delivery truck driver... Can anyone identify what that store is? I found possibilities to be Circuit City, Office Max... I say get in touch with that store and the surrounding store not just to get their cams, but to vet their employees! Has anyone not shown up for work? Were there any deliveries from big rigs on Friday evening? What if her window is the one on the opposite end of the garage... where you can see one small window, then two larger windows to the right... it is like birds eye view from that loading dock. Creepy. If that is her window, then low to the ground and fairly secluded from other windows...

3) Another, more quirky Lifetime Movie thought is what if it is a female? Who says that person entered the house the window? What if it was a female who lured Isa to the window and gave some lame "your mom is hurt" story--and the girl trusted a female and agreed to climb out the window quietly... How about a nurse who works with the Mom and is jealous she has a little girl...hears about the perfect girl all the time and wants her for herself. I know, very far fetched, but...

It's happened...Sandra Cantu was abducted and murdered by Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby.

I don't know how the parents managed to go to church. I would be like a bowl of half-melted jello! And on drugs to boot!

We are going to head over to the vigil...I'll keep my ears open.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I had the very same thought, and further down, even google earth showed kids playing/doing sports at the Catholic Church campus-- dream land for certain types of offenders. Just scary.

Thanks for the updates everyone. We are back.

So the school Isabel goes to isn't Erickson Elementary. I didn't think so. I read it was Erickson where the guy was cruising at. That doesn't really matter as it's Tucson.

It's hard to explain inner city Tucson and how it's laid out. When we moved here in the 70's, they called it Hodgepodge. It's the wild wild west maybe to some of you. Some areas are just beautiful.

Serach all the Sex Offenders in Tucson, they are in many areas you will find that might be more heavily populated than Isabel's. Sad but true. We all have them. We have only had one noticed mailed to us a few years ago, that SO moved not long afterwards. Pima County is close to 1 million people, or at least we are pushing it. 980,263. Tucson is around 500K

Do we know the last independent sighting yet? Was Isabel in school on Friday?

Clothing and shoe discrepancies always bug me. I know I've put my kids to bed with clothes on if they've fallen alseep watching a moving or in the car. Yet I always pay attention to a case when a child is last reported in street clothing when they should have been in PJ's or if they are reported missing in PJ's when they should have been in street clothes.

Wish we had more information on the dogs. My dogs bark at so much as a cat wandering around the yard in the middle of the night. They would lose it if someone was messing with a window.

Another beautiful child gone in the night from a houseful of family-- what was once unimaginable is happening far too frequently. :mad:

I hope the fire has nothing to do with this case-- the weather, I noticed, had a humidity level of 6% a couple of hours ago, so it's entirely possible it's a natural occurring coincidence. But, I don't like coincidences in these cases... they never feel right. jmo

It sucks Q! If you live here during the 100's but the angers start up usually pre monsoon season, mid July when you have had just about enough of the heat. Our family loves the rain!! xoxo

Do we know the last independent sighting yet? Was Isabel in school on Friday?

Clothing and shoe discrepancies always bug me. I know I've put my kids to bed with clothes on if they've fallen alseep watching a moving or in the car. Yet I always pay attention to a case when a child is last reported in street clothing when they should have been in PJ's or if they are reported missing in PJ's when they should have been in street clothes.

Wish we had more information on the dogs. My dogs bark at so much as a cat wandering around the yard in the middle of the night. They would lose it if someone was messing with a window.

I am really curious about the dogs too. One reason is because of the incident the day earlier,where the family got a 'ticket' for having the dogs running free. I may be wrong, but in my experience, in order to get the authorities upset about dogs running free, it is usually bigger dogs that get attention.

If your two pugs are running around nobody usually cares too much. But if your shepherds or pit bulls are out, someone is going to call and complain. imo

I don't know how the parents managed to go to church. I would be like a bowl of half-melted jello! And on drugs to boot!

In my own life experience...after the most traumatic experience of my life I checked out of the hospital and went to church. It was the place I felt safest and most cared for. FWIW...

We had to cut out early due to a cranky little one. It was held between he office max and circuit city. The entire area between the Party City and the office max is taped off and the TPD command post RVs are there. As we were leaving some from Pima County's Search and Rescue unit came riding up on ATV's. KVOA had their big satellite truck and there were a few other non-marked satellite trucks.
A quick runaround shows the alley behind the shopping center is taped off. I could see from Broadway that some of the streets are taped off.
I got there a tad late so I don't know if anyone in her fam was present. Flyers were handed out. There were songs and Catholic prayers...and then my 3yo started to melt down. Sigh.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hi folks, I lurk a bit on here, never thought I'd see my hometown coming up in the news but then after Jan 8, its getting to be more like, not again...

I grew up less than a mile to the south of the neighborhood in question. Played in the parks way past dark in the summertime, ran about generally unsupervised...used to ride my bike along the arroyo (ditch) that angles off from the church and an apartment building to the southwest of Isabel's home. Crazy crap going on in this world...

Btw the fire earlier was a good 10 miles to the northwest of here, twas a NORTH 16th Ave whereas Isabel's home is on an EAST 12th St...doubt it had anything to do with Isabel...

Also Isabel's school, being a charter, is not in the same neighborhood she lives in but is rather about a 10 to 15 minute drive away. So someone probably took her to school every morning, I don't know that the charters have buses of their own and don't think they use TUSD buses . Dunno how that would factor in with the stranger creeps casing Erickson...

Hi folks, I lurk a bit on here, never thought I'd see my hometown coming up in the news but then after Jan 8, its getting to be more like, not again...

I grew up less than a mile to the south of the neighborhood in question. Played in the parks way past dark in the summertime, ran about generally unsupervised...used to ride my bike along the arroyo (ditch) that angles off from the church and an apartment building to the southwest of Isabel's home. Crazy crap going on in this world...

Btw the fire earlier was a good 10 miles to the northwest of here, twas a NORTH 16th Ave whereas Isabel's home is on an EAST 12th St...doubt it had anything to do with Isabel...

Also Isabel's school, being a charter, is not in the same neighborhood she lives in but is rather about a 10 to 15 minute drive away. So someone probably took her to school every morning, I don't know that the charters have buses of their own and don't think they use TUSD buses . Dunno how that would factor in with the stranger creeps casing Erickson...

:welcome::fireworks:

Great post. WE really appreciate things the locals can explain. Very helpful. Thank you. Isabel is so very beautiful. Everyone must be devastated.

And I know what you mean about the freedom of our childhoods. So sad that children nowadays will never experience the joy of knocking around the creek with a friend, all by yourselves. No worries, no adults having to shadow or watch your every move. So sad.

Polly was before Caylee's case...I was simply stating that since I joined WS I don't recall an abduction by a known RSO. I joined right after Caylee's case broke on the news...either July or Aug 2008. Polly was murdered in 1993 and Jessica Lunsford was murdered in 2005...both before I joined WS.

I'm not saying that it doesn't or hasn't happened...just that I'm not aware of this type of abduction since I joined.

Sarah foxwell from Maryland was abducted by a known sex offender from her bedroom.

http://voices.yahoo.com/sarah-h-foxwell-age-11-murdered-thomas-j-leggs-jr-5148493.html

It's happened...Sandra Cantu was abducted and murdered by Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby.

Victoria Stafford was abducted and murdered by Terri-Lynn McClintic (and a male co-accused Michael Rafferty, on trial now).

Can't forget Karla Homolka (and Paul Bernardo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member