AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that Today show shot just made to look live?

Today Interview "In a moment" - Going over the story NOW!

What I find interesting is yesterday we had the cleaners at the house (let in by an extended family member), the parents had the Today Show interview and the family members returning to the house with detectives. One at a time, separately.

Does this all mean anything? I'm wondring if something was said in the interview that made LE go back to the home with the family? I find it interesting that LE kept begging the parents to do an interview and now that they have, they went back into the home with each of the family members except the little brother.

Not sure what to make of it, if anything.....

I wondered about that. He is ten so he could provide valuable information.

Kids are usually quite informative.

Parents: Frustrated with speed of investigation

It looks like the parents did a taped interview and will also be live on the show but not in New York.

Police: Both parents have taken polygraphs, and "we may have asked other people"

Live Interview:

- Mom: Shes a girly girl, she loves to get her makeup on and paint her nails, do your nails, do my nails, do my hair. She loves to go out and play with her brothers, play hard in the dirt then get all girled up again. Shes very caring, loving little girl, gives us hugs all the time. Beautiful baby girl

- Dad: (Q: what do you last remember) Just that sweet little face, just that sweet little face. She had just gotten her hair done, it was just before she went to bed. I asked if she way hungry, she had a sleepy face and just said "no daddy". Shes just been so full of life.

About scrutiny:

Mom: Its necessary to do and if its anything close to bringing Isabel home safely, then whatever it takes. Its nothing we can't handle.

Q: What do you want to say about questions about whether you had anything to do with disappearance?
Dad: We are so frustrated trying to understand why this happened. And to whomever did this, please look at her, look at her, shes beautiful. She deserves to be home, deserves to be in her room playing with her brothers. Theres so many things that are just frustrating and difficult to deal with
Mom: We just want her home

Q: is someone holding her for ransom?
Both parents: No
Dad: There have been no demands, no calls for ransom, no communication that we are aware of but at the same time there is only so much they can tell us. They keep us at bay, its so frustrating. We are desperate to find information, it is extremely frustrating. And yes we do feel sometimes that they are wasting time on us, even though we know we have to be under the closest scrutiny

Mom: We just want her to come home. As many prayers as you guys can do to help bring her home. Prayers for whoever has her to please bring her home.

My opinion: It sounds like LE is focusing on them A LOT.

Well the Today Show clearly didn't ask any questions of substance except to the father: "what do you want to say about the questions if you (father) had anything to do with her disappearance.?"

I know we don't know this for sure, but if it's true that Isa normally slept with her brother(s)...does anyone else find it odd that a 6yo girl would sleep with a 10 or 14yo brother? I only have girls so I don't know if that would be normal or not??

I wouldn't call it odd, exactly, but I don't recommend it. Especially not boys and girls in the same bed. My question would be, if she has her own room, why would she be sleeping in the room with her brothers anyway? And my next question(s) would be, where did this information come from? And how did this "source" know it to be a fact?

:fence:
Well the Today Show clearly didn't ask any questions of substance except to the father: "what do you want to say about the questions if you (father) had anything to do with her disappearance.?"

I think that's okay..just get her face out there, and let LE take care of the questions.

Another thought: Dad didn't answer the question about scrutiny immediately, like mom did. Dad spoke about wanting her home. Not that it means something, just something I noticed.

What gets me, is LE told NBC the parents took a polygraph but LE wouldn't say this at a press conference.

Was that Today show shot just made to look live?

No, the parents did an interview with NBC as a sit-down, of which, is taped, then did a live show.

It's possible Dateline/NBC will do a story on this case at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4