AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little OT to the JVM / 911 tape.... I wonder who took are of the kids when both parents were working ? I assume that both parents work full time... I know the oldest boy is 14. I wonder who is there when the oldest boy is not at home,and both parents are at work ?

LE said that the Celis' are social..wonder if the 14 year old had other teens from the block over at the house a lot... Just some thoughts, and MOO

I caught the tail end of it also. Here's TNN's update. No word about the $1M spent. I heard the Chief say on the news last night that by the time the investigation was over it would be 1% of TPD's budget. I wonder if that's their projected budget of $1M?

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18270127/tpd-still-hoping-to-find-isabel-celis-alive

"TUCSON - In the latest update to the news media, Tucson Police confirmed that the total costs for the Isabel Celis investigation are now in excess of $1 million.

This is a rough estimate, Sgt. Maria Hawke said. The first four days of the search for Isabel alone cost about $340,000, and to date, the Tucson Police Department has paid out overtime costs of about $250,000."

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-celis-investigation-cost-in-excess-of-1m-to-date/

I really don't like it when LE begins publicizing the cost of an investigation. I've seen it time and again, that once they do that, they also scale the investigation way back. I know there's not a money tree growing outside TPD but when a child is missing, it should be a budget priority.

The caller was not actually heard, only the dispatcher. It was on JVM tonight. I don't know if a link would be available yet, but I will check.

But the actual 911 call has not been released by LE.

The statement made by the dispatcher about a "sister", to me, was very awkward . She said (paraphrasing but pretty close): "actually the complainant is the sister and the mother is en route".

What I find odd is why this particular detail, who called 911, is so secretive and mysterious. Why won't anyone say who made the call? Something about this is significant to the investigation, IMO, but I can't figure out what the big hoo-ha could be.

The Celis parents spoke for 3 minutes in one interview about how they couldn’t move back into their home because of the dangerous chemicals the police used in it. I wonder who told the Celis family that their home was filled with dangerous chemicals after the police sprayed it with Luminol or an equivalent substance? Was it the same police officer who told them to not speak with the press? :silenced:

Here are the chemicals in Luminol. Cleaning areas that have been sprayed does not require a “hazmat” approach. The cleaning only requires a pair of gloves, water, and soap.

3-nitrophthalic acid.
On its material safety data sheet, 3-nitrophthalic aciid is a compound that is non-hazardous, non-toxic, non-flammable. For clean up, it states to avoid contract with skin/eyes and wearing gloves.

hydrazine
On its material safety data sheet, hydrazine spills can be safely cleaned up with soap and water.

triethylene glycol.
On its material safety data sheet, trethylene glycol can also be safely cleaned up with soap and water.

Is the Celis family really worried about the police intercepting their conversations inside their home?

But,wouldn't the 911 operator have asked who was calling ?

Yes, she would have taken a name. Wonder why she referred to the caller as "the complainant" vs "her" or by name or "the sister" or whatever the case was.

Does anyone know, or is it possible to find out through "technology," the date that the video of Isabel dancing to the Mama Mia songs was recorded? I am extremely curious about how recently is was made.

I think one of the boys was asked to make the 911 call and the dispatcher mistook him for a female (Isabel's sister). Why would a parent with a cell phone in their pocket ask someone to make a 911 call about THEIR missing child? (This may be why LE isn't releasing the entire tape.)

"TUCSON - In the latest update to the news media, Tucson Police confirmed that the total costs for the Isabel Celis investigation are now in excess of $1 million.

This is a rough estimate, Sgt. Maria Hawke said. The first four days of the search for Isabel alone cost about $340,000, and to date, the Tucson Police Department has paid out overtime costs of about $250,000."

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-celis-investigation-cost-in-excess-of-1m-to-date/

I really don't like it when LE begins publicizing the cost of an investigation. I've seen it time and again, that once they do that, they also scale the investigation way back. I know there's not a money tree growing outside TPD but when a child is missing, it should be a budget priority.

I think they do this partly to show how hard they are trying to solve a case...JMO

The statement made by the dispatcher about a "sister", to me, was very awkward . She said (paraphrasing but pretty close): "actually the complainant is the sister and the mother is en route".

What I find odd is why this particular detail, who called 911, is so secretive and mysterious. Why won't anyone say who made the call? Something about this is significant to the investigation, IMO, but I can't figure out what the big hoo-ha could be.

great post, great question.

the parents have said no one else in the immediate family was there that night (per their interview).

so either the aunt (rebecca's sister, i didn't know she had one) and justin randomly appeared on a saturday morning between the break of dawn and rush hour...or they were called before 911. OR...they were both there the night of the...er...abduction...

i have no idea if this is relevant to the case, but since the TPD won't reveal any aspect(s) of the timeline, one would think it is...kwim?

IMO

If they called relatives before calling 911, I am sure LE is aware of it...
So far, I am just not seeing much to be wary of, re: the call.
JMO

I think one of the boys was asked to make the 911 call and the dispatcher mistook him for a female (Isabel's sister). Why would a parent with a cell phone in their pocket ask someone to make a 911 call about THEIR missing child? (This may be why LE isn't releasing the entire tape.)

BBM. To avoid being the one being recorded in the 911 records. That way, if you thought you might slip up and say something LE could later catch as a mistruth, you're off the hook. Better to arrange for someone else to be the one to report it. You might even tell them what to say.

OT...I am watching a "Snapped" episode where TES was called in to find a missing man who LE believed had been murdered...it showed how Equisearch works with LE a bit; first they start searching where LE recommends, and then, if no luck, they talk some more to LE and expand the search to other areas, from pings, or what have you. Pretty interesting. Anyway in this case, TM was on the way ahead of his team to alert property owners of the search teams due to arrive, and noticed a small building that looked like the perfect place to hide a body...and there it was.

Anyway, my point is, unless TPD has some ideas to give a group like Tim's to being searching, it is such a long shot. In these cases with children, obviously they won't have any cell data (unless they have a suspect to track, at least) and once they have searched the area that a child could have made it on their own, they seem to be at a loss, and do the basic water searches, etc. to rule out areas.

I don't know what the answer is...TES are not miracle workers, neither is LE, but all of these missing people have to be someplace...

*If* the caller was the minor boy, who may have sounded like a girl or mistaken for a "sister", they might have wanted that kept to themselves for now. I imagine, if it was him, he would sound very traumatized.

I personally wouldn't let my youngest child be the one to call 911, but people do different things when they are panicked and have that adrenaline pumping.

I guess it's a mystery until they release the call, which I hope they do soon.

But,wouldn't the 911 operator have asked who was calling ?
Yes, they ask for the name of the person calling.

It is possible that the son was very emotional/excited and the dispatcher wasn't able to understand what he said. It is also possible on the dispatcher misspoke and called the young complainant "the sister" because a young boy's voice pitch is similar to girls.

Maybe one of the sons made the 9-11 call while Sergio was out looking for his missing daughter.

But it seemed in the way it was worded, that the 'sister' was going to be the one to meet LE there on the scene, while the mother was on the way home from work.

So that tells us that there were family members THERE at the Celis home before LE were even called. imo

I was thinking that... But sister/sitter could have been called first?

IDK. Just looking at different angles.

"Sister" was the complainant. Isabel doesn't have any sisters (that we know about). People assumed that it must be Isabel's aunt.

Ok, thanks you're right.

In my neck of the woods, Merry Maids, The Maids, Molly Maids, Merry Pop-ins, etc. charge a minimum of $72 per hour for housekeeping services. This is for "basic" cleaning - a little more than "fluff and buff" but not "the works". I feel certain that ridding a house of Luminol, fingerprint dusting, general ransacking of cabinets, closets, drawers, etc. would jack the cleaning costs of a 3,800 square foot home into a triple digit expense. :moo:

I may sound jaded... But,the cleaning gal reminded me of,an FBI going under ,cover as a Merry Maid.
with Halloween bucket and mops.

A little OT to the JVM / 911 tape.... I wonder who took are of the kids when both parents were working ? I assume that both parents work full time... I know the oldest boy is 14. I wonder who is there when the oldest boy is not at home,and both parents are at work ?

LE said that the Celis' are social..wonder if the 14 year old had other teens from the block over at the house a lot... Just some thoughts, and MOO

do we know of any baby,sitters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members