AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Sergio or Becky deny the dogs barking at 630ish when the neighbour said both her dogs and their dogs were barking like crazy?

I clicked on this link and checked out my state. There have been 10 attempted kidnappings in 1 month. All involving a white van.

I live in an area (Baltimore, MD) that I thought had high crime rates... I get a SpotCrime email each week and there's always a long list. When I checked this site, going back to Phylicia Barnes, there have only been TWO since. In the first, the boy was recovered unharmed half a mile away from the abduction site, the other was a teen babysitter who took off with the baby. I double-checked SpotCrime and it looks like most of the crimes listed are home burglaries that are subsequently found to be perpetrated by the homeowner's adult child. Couple of bar fights and vandalism complaints but not a lot of kidnap or murder.

has anyone ever seen in any media that she was last seen at 10pm and not 11pm?

this is the only reference i can recall...perhaps 'last seen by someone other than the family'? bbm:

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149308345.html

Isabel was last seen in public a week ago at Freedom Park while watching her brother's little league game. His coach, Joe Vega spoke on their behalf.

"Isabel was playing by our dugout," he said, "Our game was over. We left the park close to 10 o'clock, everybody left about the same time. Isabel had a game the following morning so I know they probably went and put her right to bed."

I just had to bring this back again, as it broke my heart. I see the absolute pain in both of them.

Did anyone take notice of him closing his eyes when he sang? Maybe that is how he "deals with" a fear of performing for a crowd, and could explain why he did so when speaking to a crowd and cameras during their first statements.

Since I can't mention here I don't think, check out my post in scanner thread. It should be one of the last ones posted tonight.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

That makes more sense, somehow. I could't figure out why she needed to be up so late. Seemed like they should have been home before/around 10, so this fits way better.

That makes more sense, somehow. I could't figure out why she needed to be up so late. Seemed like they should have been home before/around 10, so this fits way better.

Even the clothing she was wearing was wrong in the call. Maybe when Becky got home she corrected the bed time and what she was wearing . I mean Sergio would have been in a panic and wasn't thinking straight. JMO

this is the only reference i can recall...perhaps 'last seen by someone other than the family'? bbm:

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149308345.html

Isabel was last seen in public a week ago at Freedom Park while watching her brother's little league game. His coach, Joe Vega spoke on their behalf.

"Isabel was playing by our dugout," he said, "Our game was over. We left the park close to 10 o'clock, everybody left about the same time. Isabel had a game the following morning so I know they probably went and put her right to bed."

The pink top information was quickly corrected. About 20 minutes later, they called out and corrected the clothing description to reflect the blue top.

um...since when are 911 calls edited for content?

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_1f27aafb-edcc-51a5-8c81-63e4b2dcdb09.html

Meanwhile, the 911 call to police the day Isabel disappeared continues to be withheld from the public. It will be released after police remove some of the information in the call, Hawke said.

When there are names of minor children in them, who are not involved in the case. Sergio may have said his sons gihegr and tresurogy were at home when asked who else was there. They would want to remove that part, and anything where Sergio may have said he suspected so and so. I know they say they really don't know why Isa was taken, but at the time, Sergio may have named someone who has been mostly cleared (as much as they can be under the circumstances).

ETA: Obviously I typed random letters for the kids names, so please don't ask.

The pink top information was quickly corrected. About 20 minutes later, they called out and corrected the clothing description to reflect the blue top.

you mean the 911 call?

duh forget it you answered above...sorry...

Are the fundraisers paying for the Celis family to stay in a hotel and eat all their meals in that hotel?

Isa's family didn't need to stay in a hotel after Isa vanished because their relatives who live down the street were able to accommodate them.

AFAIK, they have never stayed in a hotel and because they are returning home soon, I don't think they will need to.

Joe-
I posted this in the scanner thread, but
YOU ROCK!

Nice catch and thanks for digging for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, it was reported in MSM that the family was staying in a hotel paid for by NBC. It was also stated that they were there because of fears for their safety and privacy.

I will try to find links to those reports.

A few years ago a little girl not even 2 years old, wandered away from her parents in a store.
People saw her... and were afraid they would be accused of trying to take her.
So they didn't intervene.

Not when she walked past the checkout.
Not when she walked out the first set of doors.
Not when she walked outside, through the second set of doors.

People in the parking lot saw her...
They watched her "toddle" past shopping carts.
Watched her pass parked and moving cars.

We are talking about a very large parking lot. Think Walmart.
This baby made it out the doors, through the entire parking lot and to the sidewalk.

How many people saw her by that point?
They didn't have to pick her up, or do anything except stand in front of her so she couldn't walk further.

But, they didn't. They were too afraid of being accused of a crime.

She went up onto that sidewalk.
Then, she walked right into the busy street with a 50mph speed limlt.

I would much rather have to deal with a misunderstanding, than have another baby run over in the road...
After that baby girl's funeral... I will NEVER think "I'm sure someone else is watching."

I said I would be hesitant in a store. A child wandering around alone in a parking lot or about to cross a busy street is another story... yes, I would grab the child and keep them from harm. But in a crowded store, I would just stay close by and try to enlist a store employee. Parents are not going to be so suspicious of someone wearing a Wal Mart vest.
But it's strange to me that no one in the situation you described tried to intervene. That kind of nonchalance is just so foreign to me. I'm sure there are people in my area who might not, but there are plenty of those who would jump in and help a child.

Isa's family didn't need to stay in a hotel after Isa vanished because their relatives who live down the street were able to accommodate them.

AFAIK, they have never stayed in a hotel and because they are returning home soon, I don't think they will need to.

"Because of security concerns and concerns for the privacy of Rebecca and Sergio Celis, KGUN9 News has agreed to withhold the location where the press conference took place. KGUN9 News has confirmed, however, that NBC News has been paying for the Celis family to stay at the hotel. During the press conference, the Celis's denied that they were directly compensated for Thursday's exclusive appearance on The Today Show or for the exclusive video of Isabel that they provided to NBC. The family released that same video to Tucson media later Thursday."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

Hope this helps! :)

Did anyone take notice of him closing his eyes when he sang? Maybe that is how he "deals with" a fear of performing for a crowd, and could explain why he did so when speaking to a crowd and cameras during their first statements.

He was singing a prayer so he closed his eyes.

I see parents in this same situation close their eyes from time to time when making a statement to the media. Maybe they are just overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation that has befallen them.

Becky too was praying as Sergio sang Ava Maria.

IMO

When there are names of minor children in them, who are not involved in the case. Sergio may have said his sons gihegr and tresurogy were at home when asked who else was there. They would want to remove that part, and anything where Sergio may have said he suspected so and so. I know they say they really don't know why Isa was taken, but at the time, Sergio may have named someone who has been mostly cleared (as much as they can be under the circumstances).

ETA: Obviously I typed random letters for the kids names, so please don't ask.

I am not questioning because I realized what you were doing... but I think it is a fun and funny way to avoid using minors' names!:floorlaugh:

um...since when are 911 calls edited for content?

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_1f27aafb-edcc-51a5-8c81-63e4b2dcdb09.html

Meanwhile, the 911 call to police the day Isabel disappeared continues to be withheld from the public. It will be released after police remove some of the information in the call, Hawke said.

I have seen it happen several times when the investigation is still ongoing.

They are probably going to redact the part out where Sergio is telling what happened......such as when she went to bed and what he is seeing in the bedroom when he has discovered she isnt there.

IMO

A few years ago a little girl not even 2 years old, wandered away from her parents in a store.
People saw her... and were afraid they would be accused of trying to take her.
So they didn't intervene.

Not when she walked past the checkout.
Not when she walked out the first set of doors.
Not when she walked outside, through the second set of doors.

People in the parking lot saw her...
They watched her "toddle" past shopping carts.
Watched her pass parked and moving cars.

We are talking about a very large parking lot. Think Walmart.
This baby made it out the doors, through the entire parking lot and to the sidewalk.

How many people saw her by that point?
They didn't have to pick her up, or do anything except stand in front of her so she couldn't walk further.

But, they didn't. They were too afraid of being accused of a crime.

She went up onto that sidewalk.
Then, she walked right into the busy street with a 50mph speed limlt.

I would much rather have to deal with a misunderstanding, than have another baby run over in the road...
After that baby girl's funeral... I will NEVER think "I'm sure someone else is watching."

That is crazy. I can't believe people would watch a child wondering around like that and not stop them because they were afraid of being accused of kidnapping a child. I can't even believe that would enter their mind at a time of seeing a child in danger. Too bad they couldn't arrest the people who did nothing to save the child. :banghead:

I have seen it happen several times when the investigation is still ongoing.

They are probably going to redact the part out where Sergio is telling what happened......such as when she went to bed and what he is seeing in the bedroom when he has discovered she isnt there.

IMO

so...editing out minor's names, timeline, description...

what's left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member