AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where and when do we get access to the 911 call....

Sorry, but I can't put Baez and professional in the same sentence. JMO

That is understandable, I wont hold your dislike for him against you and would ask that others not hold my professional respect for him against me. I know what it is like to face INCREDIBLE odds and have the entire world against you and still have to get up everyday and do your damned job and he did that admirably or as admirably as one could expect someone in that situation to do it.

That is all.

It was stated that the reason for the recent CPS arrangement was due to info that came to light during LE investigation interviews.

VERY TELLING REMARK!

Also consider that a voluntary separation and no contact order may mean that SERGIO is not a threat to the kids himself BUT HIS PRESENCE AROUND THEM may be a threat, that is to say maybe someone is after him and she was indeed taken as pay back and they wanted the kids away from him to prevent further incidence. I think we can safely say that he abusing the kids or anything like that as some have suggested but it may mean that there is a helluvalot more to this case than we all realize.

But how would the boys be any safer - they aren't in protective custody, they are just living with their mother. She can't be that hard to find.

Sorry, but I can't put Baez and professional in the same sentence. JMO

That is understandable, I wont hold your dislike for him against you and would ask that others not hold my professional respect for him against me. I know what it is like to face INCREDIBLE odds and have the entire world against you and still have to get up everyday and do your damned job and he did that admirably or as admirably as one could expect someone in that situation to do it.

I do NOT like Casey and I dont much care for the verdict but I do appreciate those who do their job even when it isnt popular and they have incredible odds stacked against them.

That is all.

I will definately watch for KVOA to post the copy of this presser and post it here...

I noticed that the chief's telling of what happened that night was very carefully worded. He said Rebecca was there when the kids went to bed. Then she got up the next day and went to work. He didn't say she spent the night in the house and went to work. Just that she went to work the following day.

He just said he doesn't have the evidence to win the case in court or to make an arrest.

Clearly he has a suspect.

I agree. Based on what the chief said, LE are building their case in tandem with ratcheting up the pressure on the parents. The relationship between parents and LE is now "strained" as LE begin to ask more "pointed" questions.

I don't think it is so clear that they have a suspect if they have no evidence to take to court, and they are looking at both external and internal sources. JMO

ITA! If they are still looking at both external and internal sources this late in the investigation they still dont have a clue what happened to Isa. They are pretty much where they were on day one.

I have seen so many LE say the same thing "its not what we think happened or didnt happen......it is what we can prove in court, yada yada yada. In other words they need tangible evidence to match to a suspect.

And most of the time when they have said that they didnt have a suspect at that time or even a POI and some of the cases remained unsolved.

IMO

TucsonNewsNow‏@TucsonNewsNow

Chief Villaseñor: Both parents were at home when the kids went to bed. Becky got up and went to work before Sergio discovered Isa missing.

Sorry to nit pick but I noticed this and it's a slight qualification: He said "we were told that"...both parents were at home when they went to bed...etc.

BAEZ on Dr Drew tonight, cant wait, I know he isnt popular around here but I really like that dude, hell of an attorney.

Aw, PAX!!! I had visions of you being some really cute lawyer guy, full of wit and charm, intelligent and adventurous, brilliant and kind....

And now you've gone and RUINED THE ILLUSION!!

LOL

VERY TELLING REMARK!

Also consider that a voluntary separation and no contact order may mean that SERGIO is not a threat to the kids himself BUT HIS PRESENCE AROUND THEM may be a threat, that is to say maybe someone is after him and she was indeed taken as pay back and they wanted the kids away from him to prevent further incidence. I think we can safely say that he abusing the kids or anything like that as some have suggested but it may mean that there is a helluvalot more to this case than we all realize.

I do not see how Sergio having no contact with the sons would help if there was some sort of external threat of payback. They could be hurt just as easily while they live with their mother. Becky is out and about and could be found.

I think the chief's wording of how he explained what happened that night was very telling.....when he emphasized that the parents SAID such and such happened. I can't describe it - but it was like he was implying that their story wasn't matching up to the investigation.

Yes. He said (not EXACT, but close):

"Both parents were there when Isa went to bed. Becky went to work in the morning and Isa was gone when Sergio went to wake her up."

Nothing really about the in between, or Becky and Sergio waking up. I don't know, it was just strange.

O/T UH-Oh, keep getting kicked off forum. *sigh* Not again.

WS acting up again :sigh:

I don't understand why this PC couldn't wait until tomorrow. There was nothing new except to confirm what we already knew. Perhaps the only tidbit was that it was voluntary after CPS was contacted. So what. If it wouldn`t have been voluntary, they`d get a court order anyway. He really didn`t have much of a choice.

MOO

I don't think it is so clear that they have a suspect if they have no evidence to take to court, and they are looking at both external and internal sources. JMO

I'm sorry, I should have said "In my opinion, he seems to have a suspect."

I'm sure they're continuing to look at all sources, the TPD is very professional. IMO, he has a suspect though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor