AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is just an informal agreement and not a protective order, then, that is meaningless. Sounds to me like the mother is trying to make him look guilty.

in my opinion I don't think HE needs any help in looking guilty.

in my opinion I don't think HE needs any help in looking guilty.

I don't see how he looks guilty. His emotion in interviews seems genuine. The mother's emotions are very contrived and fake. She arrived at work earlier than usual. Trying to create an alibi?

I don't see how he looks guilty. His emotion in interviews seems genuine. The mother's emotions are very contrived and fake. She arrived at work earlier than usual. Trying to create an alibi?

we all form our own opinions, what you see, I might see something different.

He acts, sounds and looks guilty to me.

Could someone explain to me, cause I don't know much about washes. Would there be a reason to bury a body in the washes, as opposed to elsewhere?

Could someone explain to me, cause I don't know much about washes. Would there be a reason to bury a body in the washes, as opposed to elsewhere?

Soft sand, overhangs, gullies, hope that a storm will wash body away?

This wash isn't particularly close to the Celis home. There's lots that happens in the washes here, including quite a few homeless encampments. Being so close to the base there's quite a bit of LE around there under normal circumstances (including BP, AF security and so forth).

The are searching at the area near Golf Links and South Swan roads.

and that is 3.2 miles S/W of Isabel's home address.

Ideed close IMO...

Washes usually have a lot of brush and aren't populated - people pretty much avoid them (at least I do because they feel creepy, and creepy people hang out at them sometimes). There are also drainage ditches/pipes at spots where they cross roads.

If you were doing a quick dump & run -- needed to get away from an area and dump some evidence -- a wash could buy you time.

Pantano wash in Tucson below during dry season and rain monsoon season, they are dry river beds that flood during monsoons, homeless folks like to live under the bridges that cross them, the bridges are the main streets of Tucson that cross the washes, Tucson has a series of washes that run through the area this one, Pantano being one of the biggest, Rillito wash being the other big one, small washes connect to this bigger ones.

pantano.jpg

Rillito3.jpg

It's called a wash or an arroyo. In other parts of the country you would call it a gulch, dry creek bed, a dry gully.

In the desert (and I'm not familar with Tucson but rather NM and Far West TX) the ground is very hard and compact. It can be very difficult to dig. However, some (but not all I've seen) washes might have a soft bottom from sediment (dried silt).

To answer your question perhaps a wash might have ground that would yield more easily to digging or it may have enough large rocks in order to cover the body. Once the monsoon season comes any remains would be scattered and possibly washed for as long as the gulch is---which could be miles.

You can easily drive a car up a wash. The surrounding area would have rocks, cacti, thick bushes with thorns, etc., that wouldn't be a good idea to drive in. Washes also are filled with sand - easy to dig, although anything you buried there could also be easily washed or dug out. I would also think scavenging animals would be a huge issue.

The only reason I can think of is to perhaps "hope" that the body would move during the monsoon season to the other end of the city. That would be really risky though, IMO, as pieper pointed out--a lot of homeless people live in the washes.

You can easily drive a car up a wash. The surrounding area would have rocks, cacti, thick bushes with thorns, etc., that wouldn't be a good idea to drive in. Washes also are filled with sand - easy to dig, although anything you buried there could also be easily washed or dug out. I would also think scavenging animals would be a huge issue.

Does anyone know if that particular wash is dry or full of water currently?

My comment was in reference to the fact there are much closer washes to the home. But whatevs. Why choose one close to loads of LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100