AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could probably recite some of these comments from memory, hearing them for the last four weeks, stated by three different LE officers.

Seems scripted, to be sure. Hawke has best delivery, stage presence ;)

Interesting that is was Hawke and not Pacheco or the Chief (who were referenced in last night's article) as the spokesperson.
She said that the CPS prior contacts could have been to another family at that address, and that the number of contacts was not unusual.
But that was not what the article released at midnight said.

Boy, TPD sure wants us to know that the parents are NOT ruled out...

There had been calls to their address previously but not sure if the Celis' lived there. Minimal calls (TPD calls).

Aware of CPS' previous involvement.

What? This is the kind of double-speak that irritates me. Is she saying there have been previous calls for TPD to come to the Celis address but they don't know who was living there then?

Pffffft. Don't they have access to their own reports? (Besides, I think the WS sleuths have determined that the Celis family are the sole and original owners of this home, IIRC.)

If they don't want to or can't release info they should just say that. Not all that tap dancing around the answers! I find it disrespectful to the public's intelligence.
:cow:

Wonder if that means no cadaver dog hit???

Cadaver dog can hit on "Scent only" of a deceased person. The fact they said there are no sings Isa has died (despite a hit) is not to conclude she didn't die in the house. The dog can only confirm there was a deceased body not identify the person.

I believe her!
times seem right!

And i can hear ppl taking 4 houses away,,,cant understand what they say but u can hear them. And im sure if she heard the dogs barking and her dog was barking others heard it also!
They just dont want to go on tv and say so!

They did say a group was walking down the street they have them on camera
and i sure thats what she heard and thats why the dogs barked!

I seem to think Isabel went missing way before 6 30 am

All JMO

BBM, me too. The acoustics of my neighborhood are very different from the Celis', but I hear a lot. My alarm is set for 5:45 but usually I'm awake-ish before then because of the light and because I can hear people talking from the street. So JMOO, the voices overheard at 6:30ish are not strange to me. But as I said for some reason talking outside at dawn seems to be the "in" thing in my neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Even if there was a cadaver hit, it is possible that LE does not want the parents to know, I guess...LE isn't exactly spilling over with info, they could be sitting on this too.

I don't remember a case where LE said so many times that the parents are not ruled out as suspects, every chance they get, they say it. JMO

Okay, here's a thought. What was the time period that JM was living with the Celis family? Was he there in December when this previous CPS contact occurred and did he move out shortly thereafter?

In case this got lost in all the press conference posts...

Were there ever any confirmed dates when JM was living with the family?

I thought that the Celis were the original homeowners of their current residence. Is that not correct?

I wish a reporter would ask why Isabel is not on the FBI Missing/Kidnap list.

Could they request that the reporters not ask certain questions due to investigative reasons?

Along with SGT. Hawkes comment about LE officers being pre-assigned for up to 3 weeks, it suggests to me that LE know exactly what they are dealing with.

Just got back after several hours...hate to ask this, but could someone plz give me any update? :) Was anything new at all announced at the presser? TIA...I

Well, we have our next subject until the next sliver of news comes out: The Note. Any locals hear anything about it?

As I've thought for some time based on LE's approach, this would seem to suggest that the dog hit was NOT from a cadaver dog. I don't think they would say there are NO signs that indicate that she's not alive if they had a cadaver dog hit.

True, about the dog hit. But they have also searched bodies of water. And as recently as Tuesday, washes and storm drains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966