AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i asked that earlier....nobody had a response.... *shrug*

Arrempting to look this info up now. Found this so far.

On day 8, volunteers raised over $2200 dollars through fundraisers

Bring Isa Home", Is a tribute song to Isabel Celis her family & the community.
It is a fundraiser to raise money for Isabel's reward. the reward is currently
$50,000 To donate money go to bringisahome.com

This past weekend, a softball tournament and a concert raised $3,089 - bringing the total to more than $17,600 raised through fundraisers to help the Celis family. Included in the $17,600 raised is $11,600 donated to the Tucson Medical Center Foundation fund from donors throughout the country to help the Celis family.

A fundraising benefit on Sunday for missing Isabel Celis was held at the Catalina United Methodist Church, reports KGUN 9 news. About 40 musicians from Tucson Voices of Hope performed several operatic songs during the fundraiser. Afterwards, Isabel's parents, Sergio and Rebecca Celis stepped up to the altar. Rebecca read a prayer for Isabel and Sergio who is an opera singer, performed "Ave Maria."

Reward tops $20,000 in Isabel Celis case
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17800234/reward-tops-20000-in-isabel-celis-case

I just don't know how reliable these sources are, which is why I haven't really attempted looking them up. I'll add them here as I find them though.

i asked that earlier....nobody had a response.... *shrug*

I don't think anyone knows, can't find any public info on it. The parents said they're hearing from all over the world, and I'm wondering how it's being used to find Isa, to this point.

Usually the hoofbeats belong to horses but every now and then, a zebra wanders by. It's no comfort to the victim of anaphylactic shock or Hep B to tell them "... but it's usually not a problem" because for that person, it really is a problem. The existence of the problem can't be waved away because it doesn't usually happen.

I wouldn't compare a missing person investigation to a health issue since they are not related...

That said, if you are in charge of assigning resources in a missing person case, and you have a finite number of resources, as occurs in most cases, are you going to spend your resources looking for the odd zebra first? Without evidence to lead you in that direction? What's the justification? (hey, because strange things happen so ya never know)?

It's not that different scenarios can't be investigated, it's that LE uses information amassed over each day as well as tests conducted, to lead them. If they ran around investigating every possible theory they could imagine, rather than pay attention and go where the evidence, facts, and information leads them, they would not be effective in resource utilization and would probably waste time as well. I think they might even be referred to as "Keystone Cops" by many.

Hi all. I've been lurking and have a question. Forgive me if it's been answered already. Is it a fact that SC slept on the couch that night? Or is an assumption because he said he was up late watching a game? TIA

It is not a fact. He SAID he fell asleep watching a baseball game. There is very little fact in anything you will be reading here except that:

1) Isabel is missing
2) The father is to have no contact with the boys per a voluntary agreement with CPS
3) 911 calls were made by SC and his son
4) LE is investigating

Who knows in this case? I think we have the right window/bedrooom.
Who knows what room they call the living room?
The living room could be all one open floor plan in the center of the house with only walls for the bedroom, for all I know lol
Livingroom/family room/den..

He says he's watching TV. Can you see a TV in the video of Isa dancing? Then again they might have more than one TV. Not much help here.

Reposting the little I found on fundraising from earlier today. Usually vigils bring in money, last nights looked like a large amount of people.

I ran a couple searches on fundraising focusing on this case:

A special fund has been established to assist the search for Isabel Mercedes Celis and to support the family. https://www.tmcaz.com/TMCFoundation

Southern Arizonans horrified at the recent abduction of 6-year old Isabel Celis are responding with generous gifts of time and money. But even when the tragedy is close to home, givers should take steps to assure that donations go to legitimate charities, cautions BBB Wise Giving of Southern Arizona. http://tucson.bbb.org/article/donor...lated-charities-should-be-wary-of-scams-34273

The Voice of Tucson recently held a similar benefit concert in Scottsdale. About 200 people turned out for that event and organizers raised about 3-thousand dollars. Although only half showed up for Sunday's concert, the organizers say the event was still a success because it was all about being there for the Celis family. http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150386075.html

Friday there is a fundraiser at Boston Market on Grant, near Tanque Verde. Mention Isabel Celis when you order and 15% will go to the Isabel Celis Foundation. http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151047225.html

So, the family IS involved in fundraising. If anyone followed the Somer Thompson case, Diana raised well over 100 thousand & started the Somer Thompson Foundation. Missing children have become big business with networks buying pictures & videos. Food for thought.

The FOX News Video Report(Judge Janine) 5/20/12
.. New details In the case may point to a suspect.
<background sons 911 call>
This week LE release multiple 911 calls from the morning she vanished.
<background Becky's 911 call>
After rushing back home from work she gets on the phone with 911 panicked.
Isabel's father Sergio also speaks with 911 but he is calm
<background Sergio's 911 call>
His tone is casual, never anxious and at one point he even laughs.
Days ago a new revelation CPS reportedly visited in December for undisclosed circumstances. This comes a week after CPS banned Sergio from any contact with his other kids, sons 14&10.
So what is really going on in the Celis home?
Reporter Paul Birmingham from Tucson joins us so what's the latest?

PB- a candle light vigil was held last night near the Celis home.. Hundreds of people attending including family, friends, and Becky Celis. The mother defended her husband, what a great father he is, how much he loves the boys, how much he loves Isabel. Essentially she was defensive in talking about her husband, Sergio.

JJ- As we know he is no longer allowed in the home, he is no longer allowed near the boys.. But what we're also hearing are anonymous, unconfirmed reports that Isabel had left a message written on the wall of her closet. What can you tell us?

PB- we first heard about this on Thursday the claim is there is some sort of writing or possible message from Isabel. It is unclear where this originated. There were some statements provided by Sergio in one of the interviews where he talks about the fact that there was writing and crayons and her words and that essentially she was everywhere in the house.. But as far as that message in particular the police were asked about it and they said they had no knowledge.. ATLEAST the PR officer had no knowledge and that even if they did that's something they'd not be able to disclose.

JJ- That's right a PR officer wouldnt but it's kind of curious how a rumor like that ever got started don't ya think?

PB- It is indeed and unclear where this emerged.. From a family friend? Or someone close to the investigation to see what the fall out could be?.. We'll have to wait and see LE is set to give a briefing on Monday and if at that time they'll be able to discuss that.

JJ- Paul your in the community what do you think happened to Isabel?

PB- My sense judge is that aside from the fact that she was abducted I'm with the police in that she did not wander away alone.
I also believe there could be another crime at the heart of this, at the nexxus of this. Whether it is some sort of abuse, or some sort of trafficking, narcotics or human smuggling I believe police are about 90% sure of but don't want to say anything until they're 100% and able to make something stick.

JJ- When you say trafficking, Paul why do you say that?

PB- Well it's Our proximity to the border.. Within an hour you can be in Mexico.. A completely different country with an entirely different set of rules.. A total game changer.. The border a number of places they could have crossed, legally or illegally. That's just my sense from having lived in the community my entire life.

JJ- Thank you, Paul.
To my panel, the father's 911 call and his laughing how does it hit you?

Dr. Baden- Well the whole thing hits me that this in not an outside stranger. In order to climb in through the window where the screen has been knocked out the person has to know the interior of the house, to know what dogs or animals are around. Sounds very much like an inside job..

JJ- What about the fathers 911call, Mark?

Mark Fuhrman- When you hear the call.. I have never heard a parent or victims family member use the word abducted.. I've never heard that in my entire career. Now certainly the media has educated people but it seems when there is a situation that gets out of hand and it's not really what they intended now they rely on some of the things that they can make people believe and abductions of children seems to be the most popular one.

Joey Jackson former prosecutor-
A couple of things.. As to the tone people react differently. Some people are hyper some people are sensitive.. Some people act hyper some people remain calm..

Mark Furhman interrupts- Have you seen him on TV?? He is a mess!

JJ- Let me ask you a question have you ever heard a father of a missing child say to tell his wife to get her butt home?? I mean come on thats just not normal.

Jackson- It's a nervous reaction

JJ- Ok we know momma Celis says last night her husband is wonderful.. Ok we know 5 months ago CPS was there to investigate someone in that family.. We know they told him he had to leave the house and that he couldn't even go to the vigil because one of his sons was there.. He can't even have contact with his sons.. What does that tell you?

Dr. Baden- It tells you that there was something going on in that house with the police that would keep the father from, who news reports says is an opera singer, he's not a drug dealer.. There's something going on..(inaudible.. Kids in possible danger is said while JJ is talking over him)

JJ interrupts- That is related to the kids, right Mark?

Mark Furhman- we don't know what kind of prior acts..

JJ- but we know they were there 5 months before.

Mark Furhman- They were but we also have Susan Powell who that husband no doubt killed her and killed himself and the children and set the house on fire.. That happened between that 5 months and now.. So I think CPS is on guard.. The other thing is I never saw CPS take children away from a natural parent that was not a suspect.

Joey Jackson- That's a fair point. I want to say that maybe there is abuse or some type neglect.. OR .. Maybe they are protecting HIM and protecting THEM because somebody may intend harm to him and so that's put the kids in danger so they keep him away from them..

JJ- Do you buy that Mark?

Mark Furhman- I'm not sure. There could be many things going on here. It could be coaching the kids.. It could be influencing the kids.. It could be manipulating the kids statements.. It could be them seeing something or not seeing something.. There's many different things it could be..

JJ- I've had witnesses in a murder case where one of the kids is fingering a parent and they take the kids away from the parent because they know the kids got the goods..

JJ- ok. Now umm.. What do we know about these parents by the way?

Mark- well the record says there's a little bit of substance abuse going on in the family, some traffic problems and some brushes with the law concerning dogs. This is unusual because you've gotta be a real problem person in the neighborhood for someone to go to that much effort concerning your dogs..

JJ- There is a prior arrest of her the mother for driving and drinking with her child in the car..

Mark- She's got a drinking problem, she's got a repeated drinking problem..she had a drinking problem that never went away and she's got a driving problem so she can't even drive and drink..

JJ- And he has the same problems..

Mark- yes

Dr. Baden- And we don't know why the police were called into the household..there's something going on in the house.. There may be an issue that CPS and the police could have done something 5 months ago and they didn't .. So there might be some defensive actions that we see they're taking..

-THE END OF ISABEL CELIS SEGMENT-

Video at link:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1647897013001/where-is-isabel-celis
Just a quick turn around transcript as I was watching the video myself(I've found in following these cases that many times if I transcribe the interviews just for my own personal self, that it really helps better to thoroughly understand all the information that's being discussed).. Please don't hesitate to point out any errors I may have made and I'll quickly edit and fix :)..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Does anyone know if the Celis family have been told/advised by LE to keep quite and not talk about the investigation?

Because if they don't have any restrictions, why don't they set the record straight?

I totally agree.
I completely doubt that if it was a stranger, the stranger would have exited through window. IMO if it was a stranger, he would have come in through window, maybe choosing it as it was the last viable window toward the back of house and maybe he'd seen ISA there by stalking the house before. Then maybe since it was the middle of the night, he crept through her door toward the front and out the front door. It seems a fairly straight shot.
I am just saying it is possible, albeit not likely.

The perp who assaulted the three girls? He did so with three adults in the home, and 3 girls in the same bedroom. He came in through the window,he also went into another part of the house and came back to their room, where one girl confronted him and he exited through the house, as far as I remember in the latest accounts.
There were experts outside of Tucson who thought the two cases so close were possibly connected. That is still a possibility that has not been ruled out. IMO.

This just made me think of the post made by the person who drove out to the house Friday. She said that the walkway between the two houses was like a public walk way. Could it be someone could have walked on that path and seen Isa before. It would be easy to come back remove the screen and then later enter through the window or plan his entrance or exit. just a thought. jmo

It is not a fact. He SAID he fell asleep watching a baseball game. There is very little fact in anything you will be reading here except that:

1) Isabel is missing
2) The father is to have no contact with the boys per a voluntary agreement with CPS
3) 911 calls were made by SC and his son
4) LE is investigating

He told the 911 operator:

Sergio: You know, about 10:30 last night. (clears throat) Everyone took their showers and they all went to bed. I even was in the living room watching uh, the Diamondbacks game at midnight.

Dispatcher: Uh-hm.

Sergio: And I feel asleep and I never heard anything weird. So I was like just on the&#8230;

Dispatcher: Okay.

Sergio:&#8230;other side of the wall from her.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18395759/father-to-911-she-was-abducted-from-my-house

It's so funny how some people will make statements, give their opinion and then not answer direct questions by a poster on other statements that they have overlooked within that same realm. Would it be that the other statements were being completely ignored, or the poster who asked the question is being ignored? I don't know, JMHO of course as always.

I may be guilty of this.

I can't keep up with the posts in this case. Every time I check in on WS, it seems like there's 20+ more pages of posts.

So I read a page or two past any post I've made to try to catch any responses and then I skip ahead to about 5 pages from the end of the current thread. Sometimes I end up skipping as many as 30 pages.

If I read an interesting quote, then I use the little button to follow that quote back. Sometimes there's something in that previous quote that's interesting and I'll use the little button to keep following those quotes back.

But I'd guess that I'm only reading about half, if that, of the posts made. I try to remember to mention that at the beginning of any post I make but I often forget to do so.

catching up on last 10 pages of thread 16 and moving on to start catching up on this one now. i have a legal-aspect question. can people on these boards be sued? lol. i sure hope not. someone posted a pic of JM's jeep and inferred that because he had a jeep it "looked like a good vehicle to haul and dispose of a body" and then found pics of him doing "adventure" type things and concluded from that that he "must kno good places to hide a body that would never be found"??? :what: i either hope he's responsible or i hope he's got thick skin. those are some STRONG accusations just based on a pic of a jeep that someone found on his FB and reading he likes to ski/go to washington. good lord. seems the heat is off him now tho and back on daddio.

Oh dear I didn't see those posts. I drive a Jeep. lol

Yep lol, and if he was correct in saying livingroom then he couldn't have been on the opposite wall as Isa, or are we looking at the wrong window? I do think we have the correct window though.

We always called the family room the "living room' I guess because that's where we did our living most of the time we were in the house, the Living Room, we called that the "front room".

This just made me think of the post made by the person who drove out to the house Friday. She said that the walkway between the two houses was like a public walk way. Could it be someone could have walked on that path and seen Isa before. It would be easy to come back remove the screen and then later enter through the window or plan his entrance or exit. just a thought. jmo

I can't see anywhere where there could be a public walkway beside the home except maybe thru the alley, which would run outside the parimeter of the walled in compound.

Attachments

• Back%20Of%20House.JPG
    Back%20Of%20House.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Isa%20Bedroom.JPG
    Isa%20Bedroom.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 23
I can't see anywhere where there could be a public walkway beside the home except maybe thru the alley, which would run outside the parimeter of the walled in compound.

I believe that "walkway" that Anita mentioned is on the neighbor's property, not on the Celis property. It goes from the alley through to 12th. Anyone walking along there could look over the wall at Isa's window.

The only one that "might" be able to verify that SC was sleeping on the sofa in the living room would be RC. Unless of course, she got ready in the Master Bedroom/Bathroom, and never went into the kitchen or looked to see where SC was since he was not in bed with her.

If RC didn't go into the kitchen or check to see where SC was, then it is possible that she went out of the house through the garage. For some reason, I would think she would park her Lexus in the garage.

Heck, if I had a Lexus, I'd be parking it in my bedroom. :)

Based on what SC said about sleeping so close,on the other side of her bderoom wall, words to that effect, I *think* that would mean he was watching tv in the den, then fell asleep there ?

But, I guess RC could still have seen him in the morning...

I do remember reading a report that a colleague of RC said that she arrived at work "very early " that morning... I'm sure the colleague told LE exactly when he remembered seeing her ? From what I read,it sounded like he was saying she got there earlier than she usually would, but IDK, cannot find the link for it...MOO

I thought she said "breezeway", but not 100% sure.

There is a patch of land from the side of the neighbor's house to the Celis' wall. This might be four feet wide at the most. Although, this small piece of land would actually belong to the homeowner, maybe, people cut through that property to get to the alley-way.

I have a breezeway on both sides of my home, and at times, teens cut through to get over to the street behind me.

wow, still not caught up on this very long tread, but wanted to add my :twocents: for what it is worth, lol....

It's possible that whoever took Isa was already in the house when the Cellis's came home from the baseball game. If he/she entered through the window, I too have a hard time imagining he/she leaving through the window with Isa (seems like it would be very difficult to me). As a mom, I hear my 7 year old little one all night long (bathroom, gettting a drink, etc.) so I can't imagine not hearing someone enter our house. Hubby, on the other hand, sleeps through everything, so it's possible Mr. Cellis slept through this. Dogs mean nothing to me as I have read about many abductions where dogs have been in the house. However, i have two very hyper beagles and I am certain if anybody got close to our house, they would bark like mad!!! On the other hand, if somebody entered my daughters bedroom, in and out the window, they may not have a clue since they are gated on the main floor. The Cellis's live in a one story home though, you would think the dogs would have barked! Oh geez, this is all so ???? to me, what happened to this beautiful little girl and why can't anybody find her? My heart is still broken!

COME HOME SAFE AND SOON BEAUTIFUL ISA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member