AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Correcting video link to presser*

At about 1:43 in the tape Hawke is asked about CPS visit in December. She states several times that TPD will make no comment on the nature of the visit and makes it clear the press will need to contact the spokepserson there.

At about 6:00 in the tape Hawke is asked about TPD calls to the residence. This is where she makes her minor
or minimal in nature statement-- [that NBC mistook for a comment on CPS in their report.] c'mon media!

Full presser from May 17, 2012
[/url]

Correction since I cannot edit original post.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/179377/video-center?clipId=7285968&autostart=true

Different case with a recent AA in Texas. Dad broke in the house through a window (removed the screen) and left with his two children. Mom was asleep and heard nothing. All out BOLO across Tex to find the armed and dangerous man.

View of the window/screen:
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...img=2&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y

I notice that there were no bars on that window, even though it is clearly low enough to the ground for someone to get through.

I think bars on windows must be a regional thing or maybe a city thing. I don't recall ever seeing bars on the windows of private homes in my midwestern state. It's just not something that people here think of installing.

I was looking for the Pima County Animal Control Officer and came across this article. It's not dated and probably not related but very curious all the same.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...f-animal-control-officer?clienttype=printable

"A man may be posing as an animal control officer in the Pima County area. A local woman suspects an impostor knocked on her door, asking to see her dog. But with no name tag, no badge, and no logo on his truck, the visitor is now raising suspicions.

Two-year-old "Shorty" the Sharpei is a big part of the Pacheco family. "She's our baby," Denise said. That's why she was surprised by the visitor who came to her door late Monday morning.

"I went out there," she said. "And he goes, 'I'm from the dog catcher's, and I received a report that your dog is being abused.'"

long article at link

I notice that there were no bars on that window, even though it is clearly low enough to the ground for someone to get through.

I think bars on windows must be a regional thing or maybe a city thing. I don't recall ever seeing bars on the windows of private homes in my midwestern state. It's just not something that people here think of installing.

I think it just depends on where you live in a particular city. In Santa Fe, some have beautiful old hand carved wooden bars over the windows. We call them "the guardians". lol. They wouldn't keep anyone out, but they are really cute.

Exactly, we have no clue.

I also feel that the room labeled Den on the generic floor plan, could be a bedroom (without closets) since there are three children. Not saying that the boys wouldn't share a room, but clearly they have enough rooms for the boys to have their own, all on that side of the house.

Thanks, Patty, for bringing this up. The plan(s) we have seen depict a home with a master, one large and one small bedroom. They depict three living areas; a living room, a family room and a den.

Now, it seems logical to sacrifice one of those 3 living areas in order for a 10-year-old and 14-year-old brother not to have to share the smallest of the three bedrooms. Even though the room that is labeled as the den has no closet, it would still be easier for the brothers to share a closet but each have their own room.

I just can't imagine any family that would jam two brothers together (especially with the ages they are) in order to have more couches and chairs or even computers or desks.

I see the "den" as one of the boy's room and logic leads me to believe SC was probably claiming he was asleep in the "family room" even though he identified it as the "living room." Again, as always: :cow:

ya know, i was just working, i work from home, and something was bothering me about the video i watched with the neighbor showing Isa's window. I was thinking "why wouldn't a stalker be "put off" by how close Isa's window was to the neighbors house?" If I were going to rob somebody, and have to get in through the bedroom window, the last person I would rob would be somebody whose bedroom window was directly across from the neighbors (very close). Then I started wondering if the person who did this knew the neighbor, like an ex-boyfriend, who spent lots of time in her house and was able to watch Isa's window without too much attention, hmmmm. Not suggesting the neighbor be sleuthed or anything, but wondering if we know if she is married? In any case, if the police are reading these posts, I hope they investigate the people in contact with the neighbor.. not saying she did anything wrong.....

In the area I live in bars were put on windows for ornamentation. Many years ago the Spanish look was in. So lots of older homes here have them. People stopped using them because of safety concerns in case of a fire. There was a tradgedy where children could not get out of the house. Ornamental doors were also used. From the pics I have seen of other houses on that street they appear to be older to me. jmo

I was looking for the Pima County Animal Control Officer and came across this article. It's not dated and probably not related but very curious all the same.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...f-animal-control-officer?clienttype=printable

"A man may be posing as an animal control officer in the Pima County area. A local woman suspects an impostor knocked on her door, asking to see her dog. But with no name tag, no badge, and no logo on his truck, the visitor is now raising suspicions.

Two-year-old "Shorty" the Sharpei is a big part of the Pacheco family. "She's our baby," Denise said. That's why she was surprised by the visitor who came to her door late Monday morning.

"I went out there," she said. "And he goes, 'I'm from the dog catcher's, and I received a report that your dog is being abused.'"

long article at link

See, I am still having nightmares about dog catchers..since someone brought up that serial killer....
This is from 2006, just so you know...

Possible Impersonation of Animal Control Officer?

… A man may be posing as an animalcontrol officer in the Pima County area ……Center, formerly known as Pima AnimalControl Center. Soto says none of his ……clearly marked with the name: Pima AnimalControl Center or Pima Animal Care Center …
Last Modified: Apr 08, 2006 11:29 PM PDT

Pages:

SITE SEARCH

long article at link

BBM
Interesting article and strange. The name I bolded .. isn't that the name of an officer connected with the Celis case?

ya know, i was just working, i work from home, and something was bothering me about the video i watched with the neighbor showing Isa's window. I was thinking "why wouldn't a stalker be "put off" by how close Isa's window was to the neighbors house?" If I were going to rob somebody, and have to get in through the bedroom window, the last person I would rob would be somebody whose bedroom window was directly across from the neighbors (very close). Then I started wondering if the person who did this knew the neighbor, like an ex-boyfriend, who spent lots of time in her house and was able to watch Isa's window without too much attention, hmmmm. Not suggesting the neighbor be sleuthed or anything, but wondering if we know if she is married? In any case, if the police are reading these posts, I hope they investigate the people in contact with the neighbor.. not saying she did anything wrong.....

I hope they do too. Another thing I thought was curious was she said she didn't talk to them, and a poster posted that she said she didn't know them. So how did she know that was Isa's bedroom? jmo

If I were the neighbor I would want my yard fenced so someone couldn't be right outside my bedroom window trying to access the neighbor's yard or walking through to the alley.

:eek:

MOO

Thanks, Patty, for bringing this up. The plan(s) we have seen depict a home with a master, one large and one small bedroom. They depict three living areas; a living room, a family room and a den.

Now, it seems logical to sacrifice one of those 3 living areas in order for a 10-year-old and 14-year-old brother not to have to share the smallest of the three bedrooms. Even though the room that is labeled as the den has no closet, it would still be easier for the brothers to share a closet but each have their own room.

I just can't imagine any family that would jam two brothers together (especially with the ages they are) in order to have more couches and chairs or even computers or desks.

I see the "den" as one of the boy's room and logic leads me to believe SC was probably claiming he was asleep in the "family room" even though he identified it as the "living room." Again, as always: :cow:

I read somewhere that one of the boys plays a musical instrument, but I don't know about the other children. It could be a music room, etc. I have 2 grandsons and in their home they have one room strictly for video games, etc. that the adults don't play. Also my grandsons each have a bedroom which they never sleep in because they want to sleep close to each other. So, everyone's homes are arranged and used differently. I am pleased with the fact that they do sit at the table and have dinner together. jmo

Different case with a recent AA in Texas. Dad broke in the house through a window (removed the screen) and left with his two children. Mom was asleep and heard nothing. All out BOLO across Tex to find the armed and dangerous man.

View of the window/screen:
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...img=2&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y

It is so darn frightening to even think about how someone can enter a home and those inside dont even have a clue they are there.

I am so glad we have a security alarm and my hubby makes sure it is armed every night before he goes to bed.

ETA: And I know it works because I set the da*n alarm off last week and had the alarm company calling me immediately and the local Sheriff's department too even though I ran and hit 'cancel'. Now that was embarassing because we have had it for two years and this is the first time I forgot to disengage it when I got up. LOL!

IMO

There are 98 Results for Pacheco in the Tucson White Pages for that last name.

Probably a common name. And it also brings me to this observation. LE says they are investigating the family. Have they ever said specifically they are investigating SC or RC? Their family could be huge and I would certainly expect them to investigate family and anyone who knows them. jmo

I hope they do too. Another thing I thought was curious was she said she didn't talk to them, and a poster posted that she said she didn't know them. So how did she know that was Isa's bedroom? jmo

I don't know, but that is the only window, on that side of the house, that you can look into/break in. The others are way up high and very small.

See, I am still having nightmares about dog catchers..since someone brought up that serial killer....
This is from 2006, just so you know...

Possible Impersonation of Animal Control Officer?

… A man may be posing as an animalcontrol officer in the Pima County area ……Center, formerly known as Pima AnimalControl Center. Soto says none of his ……clearly marked with the name: Pima AnimalControl Center or Pima Animal Care Center …
Last Modified: Apr 08, 2006 11:29 PM PDT

Pages:

SITE SEARCH

Thanks for the article date info. So it's a few years ago. I thought it was very odd that the guy had a microchip scanner. Who has those except dog pounds and vet offices? Maybe a pet store?

I would still think no matter how careful the perp was, there would be something in the window sill/casing, inside or outside the window to indicate that was the method of entry and/or exit.

:waitasec:

MOO

I dont know what it would be if the windows were clean and the window sill dusted and Becky does seem to be very vigilant when it comes to the health of her children.

This person could have used gloves.

Did they ever find fingerprints on the window or screen where Elizabeth's abductor came in? They must not have found any evidence of Mitchell because they had no clue who the perp was until her little sister described the man months later.

IMO

I don't know, but that is the only window, on that side of the house, that you can look into/break in. The others are way up high and very small.

Those two small windows are weird to me. I don't even know what good they are. There are no windows beyond Isa's? That's strange. Doesn't the floor plan show a bathroom and another bedroom? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024