AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more than that. I don't know about Ed Smart but IIRC, grandma Lunsford failed a poly. IMO, one of these parents did too and perhaps they have other evidence that points to a possible involvement by one of them.

They seem to be running parallel investigations in this case. My problem after listening to that PC is some of the things he said made it sound like they were running in circles. Reinterviewing, redistributing flyers, revisting homes, etc etc. If they had something on the parents, they would be arrested by now. Why would they waste time and resources to go back to square one. It makes no sense.

Like I said earlier, I didn't get a good feeling at all. It sounds like they have nothing.

Since I have learned what all went on behind the scenes between LE and the Lunsfords I do not believe for one second that Ruthie Lunsford lied on her polygraph or failed. This was a 69 year old grandmother who had nothing to hide. IMO, LE lied to her by telling her she had failed because they wanted to keep the Lunsfords twisting in the wind. LE thought the more pressure they put on the elderly woman she would spill her guts when she had no information about who took her granddaughter.

Imo, this LE is back to square one and are going around in circle.

IMO

Really SweetT...is this true? I had no idea that cousin/uncle had actually been staying in her room (or even in their house for sure).

Can you give me a link about this.....I guess I have not been reading close enough.

TIA

I will look although I followed this forum from the hinky meter and I recall it being discussed there about how she had previously slept in her brothers room with them and like this was her first night in that room or something to that effect cause the cousin had been staying there? I will look for a link or something, but this is what I recall. I'll see what I can find.

I really didn't have much of an opinion about them speaking out until the lastest vigil, and Becky more or less using it as a platforum not for her missing daughter but more for Sergio and support for him.

If she feels in her heart that Sergio is not involved in Isa's disappearance, I dont blame her one bit for coming out and defending him. She knows him better than anyone. I sure would do the same for my husband because I know he would never harm anyone.

She did mention Isa and is praying for her safe return.

IMO

Well, I do agree with you on the point that the family is still being investigated, but I also don't feel very good now that I know that a Level 3 sex offender is living 4 houses up from her on the same street. Literally two houses up from that breezeway.

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/crime/a/sexoffender01.htm

There are 19 criteria used to assess the likelihood that a convicted sex offender will commit such a crime again. Point values are assessed for the 19 risk factors, and the total points derived for an individual determine whether he/she will be assigned a Level 1, 2 or 3 rating. Level 1 represents low risk, Level 2 represents intermediate risk, and Level 3 represents high risk.

Who Gets Notified When a Convicted Sex Offender is Released?

Level 1 Offenders: Law enforcement agencies
Level 2 Offenders: Registered community organizations involved with children and staff members at those facilities who deal directly with children or victims.
Level 3 Offenders: Same as Level 2, above. Additionally, neighbors of the offender are notified.

Information about Level 2 and Level 3 offenders are now also available online as mentioned at the beginning of this article. Information on Level 1 offenders is not available to the public.

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/crime/a/sexoffender01.htm

There are 19 criteria used to assess the likelihood that a convicted sex offender will commit such a crime again. Point values are assessed for the 19 risk factors, and the total points derived for an individual determine whether he/she will be assigned a Level 1, 2 or 3 rating. Level 1 represents low risk, Level 2 represents intermediate risk, and Level 3 represents high risk.

Who Gets Notified When a Convicted Sex Offender is Released?

Level 1 Offenders: Law enforcement agencies
Level 2 Offenders: Registered community organizations involved with children and staff members at those facilities who deal directly with children or victims.
Level 3 Offenders: Same as Level 2, above. Additionally, neighbors of the offender are notified.

Information about Level 2 and Level 3 offenders are now also available online as mentioned at the beginning of this article. Information on Level 1 offenders is not available to the public.

Oh yes indeedy, I am well aware of the difference. I got into this rodeo that I lead because of the Dru Sjodin case in Grandforks, ND in 2003. She was taken by a level three sex offender and they located her body in a washed out area near a corn field, the next year after the snow had melted. I should say more like a culvert.

We probably need a new thread...except maybe not, as there doesn't seem to be anything left to talk about :(

I know if my child were kidnapped and there were an RSO within a mile of my home, my butt would have personally been to their homes knocking on their door, and walking around their homes listening to see if I heard my child there. I would most likely be in jail, but I wouldn't care, they would have to lock me up.

Not only would you most likely get arrested for doing such a thing but you would probably be sued to no end. One thing to keep in mind in respect to RSO's in Arizona is most RSO's are only in that registry over things that don't even pertain to children. There are 19yo's who are on those lists for dating 17 yo's and there are cases where some 16 - 17 gay kid has hooked up with an guy and lied about his age and somehow the parents catch wind of the relationship and next thing you know the poor guy is on a RSO list. Heck you can end up on the RSO list just for being parked in the desert fooling around with your spouse in AZ for that matter. Being a RSO doe's not necc. mean a person is a pedo. What the sad part is the RSO site doe's not really give much detail as to why the person is a RSO and the person gets looked at with the worst in mind. That said... I'm still wondering about the guy in the Craycroft and Broadway area on the night of 4/20 on CL looking for head. I found it kind of interesting to find an ad in that area on the evening in question.

Oh yes indeedy, I am well aware of the difference. I got into this rodeo that I lead because of the Dru Sjodin case in Grandforks, ND in 2003. She was taken by a level three sex offender and they located her body in a washed out area near a corn field, the next year after the snow had melted. I should say more like a culvert.

And that is another case were a victim was kidnapped in a mall parking lot in broad daylight.It was mindboggling to know that could happen and it has happened more than just Dru's case.

Such a sad story and the end of life for another young vibrant woman.

IMO

Sorry...but its true.

They have spoken out and what have they gotten for doing so from most when they did?

So it isnt a cop-out.

It is today's reality.
They got national attention for their daughter.

Moreover, they got a GREAT DEAL of sympathy from a previously skeptical online community (who went from 'wondering' a bit about their involvement to saying things like "I'll eat my keyboard if they're involved"...and the comments after their initial interviews were overwhelmingly in their favor). IMO, their interviews are not what has the public (online and offline) skeptical...heck, it was their interviews that humanized them and Isa and it is their interviews that make it difficult for many to imagine they're involved.

The things that tipped the scales were: 1) the no-contact rule, and 2) SC's 911 call. What makes it hard to reconcile the no-contact and the 911 call for some of us is how genuine RC and SC came across in their interviews (and the fact they haven't lawyered up).

IMO, their speaking out did much more help than harm. It was only after they went quiet after the two other factors (no contact, 911 call) that things 'turned'...IMO.

Bringing a post here from thread nr 14, this was said by LE a week ago:

Originally Posted by johnQpublic
That comment LE made yesterday keeps popping up in my head for some reason... " It's not what we know or don't know it's what we can prove in court " AND " we have a great deal of information, we just need something to tie it together...
-bolded by me-

The above contradicts today's presser, imo.

:please:

Sending many prayers for little Isabel tonight, Hoping upon hope that she will come home safe.

Bringing a post here from thread nr 14, this was said by LE a week ago:

-bolded by me-

The above contradicts today's presser, imo.

Can you give me a little more about your thoughts on how it contradicts today's presser? Other than they are re - interviewing sex offenders specifically those with tendencies toward younger girls?

If Isa normally slept in her brothers' room, how did this stranger get so lucky? I wonder how he chose her room, instead of the boys' room.

This assertion has never been attributed to any source. On NG, the comment was made that "there's a report out there" but the source was not identified then or at any time since and the information can not regarded as 100% reliable.

Not only would you most likely get arrested for doing such a thing but you would probably be sued to no end. One thing to keep in mind in respect to RSO's in Arizona is most RSO's are only in that registry over things that don't even pertain to children. There are 19yo's who are on those lists for dating 17 yo's and there are cases where some 16 - 17 gay kid has hooked up with an guy and lied about his age and somehow the parents catch wind of the relationship and next thing you know the poor guy is on a RSO list. Heck you can end up on the RSO list just for being parked in the desert fooling around with your spouse in AZ for that matter. Being a RSO doe's not necc. mean a person is a pedo. What the sad part is the RSO site doe's not really give much detail as to why the person is a RSO and the person gets looked at with the worst in mind. That said... I'm still wondering about the guy in the Craycroft and Broadway area on the night of 4/20 on CL looking for head. I found it kind of interesting to find an ad in that area on the evening in question.

You are correct, my daughter has a friend who is now an RSO due to some stupid prank they did when they were drinking, something to do with taking off his pants etc, but some of them were teens at the time he was like 20 and hanging out with them. I don't recall the details but it was not like he molested anyone. Just sayin.

A 73 page thread....omg, how will I find a link to the LE briefing today? Or maybe I won't bother since it appears from comments on the past 2 threads pages that it's same old same old...

I wish video/press links were put in a separate thread and this case had its own heading with sub-threads. Oye.

A 73 page thread....omg, how will I find a link to the LE briefing today? Or maybe I won't bother since it appears from comments on the past 2 threads that it's same old same old...

I wish video/press links were put in a separate thread and this case had its own heading with sub-threads. Oye.

37, not 73, lol but yeah, pretty long.

I don't see the point of a forum for a case with no info. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members