AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else he said during the presser about the community supporting the family "to some extent" seemed odd to me, as if the community was supporting the investigation and LE but the family not so much, or am I reading something into this?

You might be (reading more into it than intended). Keep in mind that in every case you get helpful people but you also get lots of crazies too. Think back to the Casey Anthony case and the first couple of months for examples of that.

I love to read things that you write, lol, it reminds me of Chevy Chase talking about his boss on Christmas Vacation. But, I do totally agree with you, whoever did this possibly had something sexual in mind because I don't know what other reason someone would take a child out of her own bed.

Hahahahaha!!!! Some may find that offensive as in how could someone compare their statements to a goofy Chevy Chase line out of a movie.. I, however could not find this more funny as not only do I agree that my dramatic flair comes pouring onto my keyboard and into my posts, but the line of which you speak not only do I know by heart but even funnier is that it is my actual ringtone on my iPhone!!. Yes, the entire ludicrous rant including every last word is what blares from my phone when it rings..
ETA: any and all who know me in real life would absolutely agree with you as well.. I cannot tell you how very entertaining it is to be around me..lol..a sense of humor I was definitely blessed with..
____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

It wouldn't take long (8-10 minutes probably) to walk from Isa's via the back of the church to Wilshire Heights Park. The Mesa one use to have the local Fire Dept. there excercising or playing ball in the afternoons when I had to go by there several years ago. Ooo la la.

The wash by Wilshire continues to Mesa Park. It's not a giant wash really.

Here, both places, Isa's home and the other home that had maybe nothing whatsoever to do with Isa, call on 4/20 unable to locate call, from the crime map. Also Wilshire Park is between the two locations, dotted in pink.

Attachments

• 420call2.jpg
    420call2.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 46
Jane Velez-Mitchell (HLN) is covering Lisa Irwin case now but will address Isabel Celis developments sometime this hour.

I hear you, loud and clear. Just yesterday I was watching Investigative Discovery cover a Cleveland, Ohio case about a 15 year old girl who left the house after a fight with her father, and went to a friend's house. Two days later the father reported her missing. Without going into the long, drawn-out details of this case, there was a tipster who reported a suspicious looking vehicle very close to where her body was found during the time frame when she was missing but not yet found dead. Instead of taking the report seriously, and trying to track down the red station wagon ( the tipster gave a very detailed report of the car, make, model, year, etc) the tipster was treated like a suspect by LE. When he passed a lie detector test, and was cleared, the manila envelope with the tipster's information was placed in the file with no identifying label. LE never pursued finding the car and its owner.

Fast forward 9 years later. A task force was going over cold cases and this case was one of them. The head of the task force started from the beginning, and was going over everything in the case file. She found the manila envelope, opened it, and decided to follow up on finding the owner of the car. No easy task since 9 years had gone by. But, she did track down the info. It turned out that an RSO had owned the car, and had been released from prison on parole just before the girl was found murdered. Although the car had long been sent to the junk yard, the man was found in prison. After a series of interviews, charges were brought. Before the trial date he confessed. Nine years later - and all because a tip brought in was not explored. I found myself wondering how many of these cases we follow here has some item of information that was not explored by LE; and how many of those cases would those unexplored items of info result in solving with a little research??? This poor girl's father was an alcoholic, and the focus was on him, and the older brother's friends for years. I only wish every LE officer would see that ID episode, and learn from it. JMO
Riley Fox's dad was also targeted, arrested and convicted. And the perp's shoe was right there near her body, with his name inside it. smh

I doubt there are many snowbird homes in the general area; the houses are fairly large, most snowbird homes tend to be of the smaller townhouse/patio home variety...

Yeah, we're just exploring the crime watch for the areas mentioned in the presser...
all around the time before Isa disappeared -- this one just jumped out for a number of reasons --first being 24 hours aprox before she disappeared.
It's in a nicer (much) neighborhood than the Celis neighborhood... so it could be someone walking down the street and get called in for all we know.

Ok, guys. Sorry about that.

Carry on :blushing:

I didn't get a good feeling about this last PC. I feel another cold case coming and Isabel Mercedes Celis will join the long list of lost children.

:cry:

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they hadn't heard the parents "talk to Isa" in their public statements. I've heard BOTH parents speak to Isa, both in English and in Spanish, telling her how much they love her and they'll not stop looking for her. I've heard them say it more than once.

In my opinion, the fact that they're not speaking to the media daily isn't that strange. It may not be what *I* would do, I'm not them. But BC said it very clearly; they are not going to cry on t.v., that is not "who" they are, they are private people. They are searching for her and helping LE in their way; putting up fliers, cooperating with LE by speaking with them daily, keeping her name in the public eye by participating in the candlelight vigils and other events.

I have NEVER defended a p.o.i.(s) like this before. I am not a knee-jerk, "they're innocent/le is wrong!" type of poster. However, in this case, I just feel like LE is focusing on them (even if they say they're not) because of some behavior that we've identified as "odd" or "hinky" AND because they can't find any evidence that a stranger perp was there. This ISN'T CSI. I think he left no evidence that he was there.

Aren't there any other cases where there is NO dna/fingerprint evidence left at the scene?!

:moo:

The case is a moving target with lots of wheels in motion. They haven't just started anything, they are continuing along a path and being thorough. That's what we all want them to do. Make sure they really have and can rule out RSOs by being thorough. Whatever happened to Isa happened before LE was called. She was long gone from the house. As sad as it is, her fate was already sealed by that point.

Hopefully they are in the process now of just making everything air-tight. Pacheco used phrases today such as "doing what we have to do" and "making sure we're thorough" in regards to the re-interviews. His voice inflection when he says, "Let me be clear, we have interviewed ALL RSO's" sounds like he wants to ease the public's mind. I agree, Madeline, I think they're dotting i's, etc. in preparation for an arrest or a confrontation with the parents.

I get the feeling this is not someone who is registered as a sex offender. I get the feeling that this is either someone linked to the family or someone linked to someone who is linked to the family (hope that made sense).

In order for that theory to be more than likely and absolve the family, I feel like something would need to explain why Sergio is separated from the boys. The only explanation I can think of is if he has made negative statements about what he would do if he found out who the person who took Isa is, he would do "XYZ" to that person. That could create a negative environment for the boys, to be exposed to that kind of anger, no matter how justified or understandable it is. Would it be enough for CPS to ask him to voluntarily remove himself from the situation, IDK. Any of our CPS experts want to weigh in?

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they hadn't heard the parents "talk to Isa" in their public statements. I've heard BOTH parents speak to Isa, both in English and in Spanish, telling her how much they love her and they'll not stop looking for her. I've heard them say it more than once.

In my opinion, the fact that they're not speaking to the media daily isn't that strange. It may not be what *I* would do, I'm not them. But BC said it very clearly; they are not going to cry on t.v., that is not "who" they are, they are private people. They are searching for her and helping LE in their way; putting up fliers, cooperating with LE by speaking with them daily, keeping her name in the public eye by participating in the candlelight vigils and other events.

I have NEVER defended a p.o.i.(s) like this before. I am not a knee-jerk, "they're innocent/le is wrong!" type of poster. However, in this case, I just feel like LE is focusing on them (even if they say they're not) because of some behavior that we've identified as "odd" or "hinky" AND because they can't find any evidence that a stranger perp was there. This ISN'T CSI. I think he left no evidence that he was there.

Aren't there any other cases where there is NO dna/fingerprint evidence left at the scene?!

Elizabeth Smart. From wiki: "Furthermore, there was almost no significant forensic evidence such as clear fingerprints or DNA samples to help identify the abductor, hindering the investigation."

It's incredible to me that the shaggy un-bathed Mitchell could enter through a window over the kitchen sink and walk all over the Smart home without leaving a trace.

I get the feeling this is not someone who is registered as a sex offender. I get the feeling that this is either someone linked to the family or someone linked to someone who is linked to the family (hope that made sense).

In order for that theory to be more than likely and absolve the family, I feel like something would need to explain why Sergio is separated from the boys. The only explanation I can think of is if he has made negative statements about what he would do if he found out who the person who took Isa is, he would do "XYZ" to that person. That could create a negative environment for the boys, to be exposed to that kind of anger, no matter how justified or understandable it is. Would it be enough for CPS to ask him to voluntarily remove himself from the situation, IDK. Any of our CPS experts want to weigh in?

Well, I do agree with you on the point that the family is still being investigated, but I also don't feel very good now that I know that a Level 3 sex offender is living 4 houses up from her on the same street. Literally two houses up from that breezeway.

I have a question maybe someone can answer. Isa was sleeping in a room that had been occupied by the (Cousin/uncle) up until that very night correct? Was this previously her room or was it new to her? I'm asking because if something was written in her closet it could have been from months prior when she slept in that room right? Or do we know if she used that room during the day.? Just asking.
I also have been giving the parents the benefit of the doubt as they have not shown me some tale tale signs of guilt as I have seen in the past, mostly ever changing stories. examples: Lisa Irwins parents/ Casey Anthony/Haleigh Cummings babysitter Misty. You get the picture.

I'm not a CPS expert but I would say absolutely not, imo. Not when your daughter is missing. The only reason he would have the no contact order would be if he was/is a threat to the children.

i wont touch on the mom/dad + media issue...i think ive ranted about it ad nauseum already lol

but LE said that whomever did this did a very good job at covering up any trace of themselves.

and you are right CSI is not real.....and there are tons of crime scenes that reveal hardly any evidence and some no evidence at all.

however, with that said, LE said they requested an extension on the search warrant....that tells us, IMO, that there is some evidence they have obtained.

along w/ that, mom and dad have not been ruled out....which means that the totality of circumstances (911 call, intereviews, evidence, behavior, etc etc) says that what LE knows does not allow LE to eliminate them. they have however stated that they have been able to eliminate others as being suspects. i believe these statements by LE say a lot.

w/ all that said, that is just my interpetation and probably means nothing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member