AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world would they wait for lead sheets? RSO's should be the first to be looked at and ruled out!!! This is horrible. I assumed that was already done. I'm speechless.

They were looked at. Last week they said they interviews all 540+ of them.
There is a protocol for this type of crime which is being followed.

I used to play at Wilshire Heights Park, it had swings (at least it did many years ago) and grass...little triangle shaped park with a wash running along its western boundary...the wash. If you continue along the wash south, there is another park, Mesa Park (call it Mesa Village on maps I believe). Very easy to walk along the banks, has a bit of a walkway on at least the east side of the wash.

Wilshire is a pricier neighborhood than the Celis one. Can't see many of the houses staying vacant for long.

Thanks! It looks pricier -- still close to Craycroft but south

Do you happen to know if there was a power outage sometime in the middle of the night which would make it April 21st in or around where Isa's home is?

IIRC, the power outage is based on a rumor from a comment under an article that referenced something the poster had heard on scanner. BUT... if the power had been out in her area, would the video cameras have stopped recording?

.5 miles, but it's tricky because there is not a direct road to take.

Are you measuring the distance between the park and the Celis home?

There was some activity on the crimemap we were discussing...
Are you familiar with this area?

Are there roads other than Craycroft to take... or breezeways?

This is not about the presser.

I had a thought about the previous discussion on the inconsistency of the reported square footage on the Celis home. This all my opinion based on the county website.

Real estate sites like Realtor.com and Trulia often report the square footage listed when that home was previously for sale (maybe the sale to Celis). Do we know if the Celis family ever had the home on the market before, maybe tried to sell during the foreclosure period?

Usually the county reports the actual measured, calculated size. They are sometimes wrong, but not often. Since someone mentioned no garage, I went back and looked at the Assessor site. "0 garage spaces" would normally mean that the entire structure (all 3802 feet) is being considered living space. Maybe the garage was finished so it would now qualify as living space. People don't always remove the garage door because they may want to convert it back, later. Do we know that their cars stay in the garage? We saw the family and the investigators go in that way. Have cars actually driven out?

All I'm saying is both sources could be right. The county might be adding garage footage to house footage. That would definitely also raise the Celis taxes.

The 1.5 stories is confusing. I think the county usually says that for split levels or homes with a small loft area. Do we know that everything in the Celis home is on one level, no sunken living room or loft?

I looked at 5601 Cooper and there the county says 2288 feet, 2 garage spaces, and 1 story. The smaller square footage makes sense if that garage was never finished as living space.

When looking at the "History" page at the Assessor both 5602 12th and 5601 Copper were once owned by K-Gam Loma Verde, LLC and then were owned by a Wilson Cole Trust, prior to their more recent owners. Don't know if you already have that, it might help on who the builder is.

IIRC, the power outage is based on a rumor from a comment under an article that referenced something the poster had heard on scanner. BUT... if the power had been out in her area, would the video cameras have stopped recording?

Yep, more than likely, unless they were on a backup generator.

Press Conference:

"...unfortunately t info that's left is sensitive in nature, and it's stuff that could compromise the case...so since we're not gonna share that then very limited else we could possibly discuss."

Re Family Speaking Publicly/Making Themselves Accessible to the Media:

"...we cleared up t fact that at no time did we tell them [parents] not to speak; secondly, we've always encouraged them to make themselves available to u...now whether or not they choose to do so that's entirely up to them...but that could significantly help in t amount of leads generated, keeping t case in t forefront and just assisting us in whatever way they can."

The case is a moving target with lots of wheels in motion. They haven't just started anything, they are continuing along a path and being thorough. That's what we all want them to do. Make sure they really have and can rule out RSOs by being thorough. Whatever happened to Isa happened before LE was called. She was long gone from the house. As sad as it is, her fate was already sealed by that point.

I'd bet that Isa has been to Wilshire Park, they likely did not go by Craycroft but rather thru the neighborhood via south on Van Buren to Whittier west then another southerly jog drops one right there. I dobut she did this on her own, but perhaps with her family...

Something else he said during the presser about the community supporting the family "to some extent" seemed odd to me, as if the community was supporting the investigation and LE but the family not so much, or am I reading something into this?

When speaking of the evidence that they are withholding due to its "sensitive" nature, I wondered if it has to do with something as simple as evidence indicating a crime of sexual nature, or something on a much grander scale such as drugs, human smuggling, or guns on an international level (that would be the biggest "bombshell" so to speak).

It certainly is a huge mystery, but I fear that the family MAY still be involved primarily because (a) they haven't been ruled out and (b) they don't appear to be out there in the public eye pleading for information. It's one thing for the TPD to send out flyers/questionnaires etc. but emotional and personal pleas from the family on TV programs/radio programs or wherever, would quite possibly trigger someone to come forward with information.

SOMEONE knows what happened to Isabel - she didn't just disappear on her own! :maddening:

Are you measuring the distance between the park and the Celis home?

There was some activity on the crimemap we were discussing...
Are you familiar with this area?

Are there roads other than Craycroft to take... or breezeways?

I used google maps to map it from 5602 E. 12th St to Wilshire Heights Park. It didn't give me the route of Craycroft but took me via Van Buren to Wilshire.

Also I am not familiar with the area, other than using Craycroft for traveling to/from work.

This would be the night before Isa disappeared. She disappeared sometime between 11 pm on 4/20 and 8 am on 4/21

Though it's possible something going on the night before could be connected.

Yes, Prof and I both figured that out after me posting it, however I'm putting both places on my google earth map so that I can see just where it is.

This would be the night before Isa disappeared. She disappeared sometime between 11 pm on 4/20 and 8 am on 4/21

Though it's possible something going on the night before could be connected.

Yeah, we're just exploring the crime watch for the areas mentioned in the presser...
all around the time before Isa disappeared -- this one just jumped out for a number of reasons --first being 24 hours aprox before she disappeared.
It's in a nicer (much) neighborhood than the Celis neighborhood... so it could be someone walking down the street and get called in for all we know.

I used google maps to map it from 5602 E. 12th St to Wilshire Heights Park. It didn't give me the route of Craycroft but took me via Van Buren to Wilshire.

Also I am not familiar with the area, other than using Craycroft for traveling to/from work.

Thanks!

Gosh..wouldn't it be horrid if she was in one of the snowbird homes all this time ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove