AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The TPD is being very thorough in checking the typical suspects in missing kids cases (like RSOs) and talking about how they are conducting multiple interviews because this will stop the perception that they focused on the family to the exclusion of others in the community.

Think end-game here. Not only do they want to find Isa, but they want to be able to hand over a thoroughly investigated case with all the evidence they can find to the DA's office for prosecution. They have to think ahead to that day and what can make or break a case. They have to be thorough and spend time on interviews and all of that.

Why would they want to seal search warrants? Because they want to keep information away from anyone who doesn't need to know. Why? That preserves their case AND doesn't point to anyone specifically where the hungry media and even hungrier case followers can run rampant.

This isn't about the public's rights...this is a legal issue and this is how they do the job to preserve what needs to be preserved.

It is hard to believe that over a month later with the number of local LE and other agencies they have had from the beginning they have not looked at all the video tape yet.

THUD!

As usual, I'm trying to catch up. This along with what I read on a previous post that they're now looking into the alibis of the RSO's is quite disturbing, imo

Like you said, a month later???? WTH? :what:

Here's a link to the questionairre

http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/sites/defa...-releases/public_assistance_-_celis_flyer.pdf

FWIW, I followed the Chandler (AZ) Serial Rapist case extensively. It's a very interesting case and may open your eyes as to how easily these predators can prey upon our children. Long story short, this guy was working in the area and would stalk his victims and find out their routines. He targeted mostly children who were left alone after their parents would go to work. We're talking 10-15 yo girls. He would either sneak in the home or get them to open the door, claiming some kind of emergency. As the assaults progressed, so did his boldness. One of his last assaults was on a young girl who lived with her grandparents. While the grandparents were out on the front porch, he snuck in the home and sexually assaulted the girl.

So, I don't put anything past someone who is desperate to take a child's innocence. The questions in the questionairre reminded me so much of the Chandler Rapist case. That guy is serving something like 147 years in prison.

Yes it is Prof. It's actually called E. North Wilshire. The park is called Wilshire Heights Park that is close to Isa's home.

What kind of park is it? I imagine it does not have green grass? or am I being regionalist? What types of people frequent this park area...anyone local?

They had been unable to contact 30 to 40 homes in the neighborhood, so they are going back to those homes.

Isn't it a little late for that? If someone hid Isabel in their home and decided not to open the door when LE came calling they'll have had time to move her between now and then.

The TPD is being very thorough in checking the typical suspects in missing kids cases (like RSOs) and talking about how they are conducting multiple interviews because this will stop the perception that they focused on the family to the exclusion of others in the community.

Think end-game here. Not only do they want to find Isa, but they want to be able to hand over a thoroughly investigated case with all the evidence they can find to the DA's office for prosecution. They have to think ahead to that day and what can make or break a case. They have to be thorough and spend time on interviews and all of that.

Why would they want to seal search warrants? Because they want to keep information away from anyone who doesn't need to know. Why? That preserves their case AND doesn't point to anyone specifically where the hungry media and even hungrier case followers can run rampant.

This isn't about the public's rights...this is a legal issue and this is how they do the job to preserve what needs to be preserved.

30 officers and a month later, I would've thought they would've at the very least eliminated the RSO's off their list. Silly me.

I will link the presser when they post it. It usually takes a couple hours. I think it would be best to watch the presser before coming to conclusions about LE work on this case...It's simply unfair to LE IMO ... I will gladly watch for it and link it

Well, I'd like to know what people want them to say?
LE might have suggested that going to the media will keep attention focused and leads coming in, but they might also have suggested (according to the parents LE did) not to discuss any details of the case.

While I agree that if they can, they should plea for Isa's safe return, I also understand that they cannot answer many questions.

how about starting from the first second and retell the story in some detail and when a reporter has a question either answer it or say, ive been advised i cant speak on that.

we have ZERO details....there are tons of questions that are asked here over and over and over and over and we all sit around speculating "maybe this, maybe that, i wouldnt do that, id do that".....questions that really would have no bearing on the outcome of a case if it went to court....

we dont even know if mom was in the house all night or if dad slept on the couch all night or little things like that or what room was what....we know hardly anything!

we have pages and pages and pages talking about the layout of the house and wondering which room dad really slept in.

there are tons of questions that mom and dad could answer....

ETA.....
and how about just having their face in front of cameras at EVERY opportunity talking about ISA ??? why not use the platform that is freely given to them???
dang. just do something......seems the people here at WS are doing a crap lot more than the family is....

Isn't it a little late for that? If someone hid Isabel in their home and decided not to open the door when LE came calling they'll have had time to move her between now and then.

I agree. I find that very disturbing.

They never said that they had not tried to contact all along.

30 officers and a month later, I would've thought they would've at the very least eliminated the RSO's off their list. Silly me.

He said that they had reached a point in the lead sheets with new information to spark this re-interview.

What kind of park is it? I imagine it does not have green grass? or am I being regionalist? What types of people frequent this park area...anyone local?

I googled map the park as it is not a known park for me. It has grass, but looks like a small neighborhood park. There doesn't appear to be swings. It's off the main roads, so even though I drive down Craycroft I never knew it was there. Hopefully just a family neighborhood park, and not a camp site for our homeless population.

I will link the presser when they post it. It usually takes a couple hours. I think it would be best to watch the presser before coming to conclusions about LE work on this case...It's simply unfair to LE IMO ... I will gladly watch for it and link it

Ya I'm not going to second guess LE at this point.

He said that they had reached a point in the lead sheets with new information to spark this re-interview.

Why in the world would they wait for lead sheets? RSO's should be the first to be looked at and ruled out!!! This is horrible. I assumed that was already done. I'm speechless.

My DH does this with the english language ALL the time. It's not that he isn't educated - he has an MBA. It is just the way he words things. It's hard not to read more into these statements because after all it is what we have to work with right now.

The whole wording thing is not all that concerning to me-it's all semantics and dialect.

Like 'call out sick' or 'call in sick'.....'stand on line' or 'stand in line'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in the world would they wait for lead sheets? RSO's should be the first to be looked at and ruled out!!! This is horrible. I assumed that was already done. I'm speechless.

These were leads that have been coming in and still coming in...who said they waited?

"Pacheco also said police will be returning to areas already covered and interviewing registered sex offenders that they've already spoken with as the latest step in the search."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18575838/tpd-scheduled-briefings-will-end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member