FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jansen then raised the issue of Katie's lawyers doing the same thing.
People were discussing why KM did not take the plea deal offered to her by the prosecution. Some were saying it was nonsensical and illogical that her legal team, Kawass and DeCoste, would advise her not to take the plea deal. She would be a free woman, of course they would advise her to take it. They duty is to their client, to represent them to the best of their ability and to act in their best interests. And I did agree with that. However after seeing TK's IG posts on Fanci Fiction's YT channel I actually have a different take on it.

Kawass is a highly skilled and experienced defence attorney. She knows the law. Sure she would listen to her client, understand their plight, the adversity they've faced, the bad hand they've been dealt and might sympathise and empathise. But TK is not stupid. She knows clients lie to their attorneys and she understood the highly incriminating evidence that implicated KM. Yet she went on this moral crusade, campaigning against the injustice that "plagued" her client, stating:

"There is no logical reason why a single mother of two with no criminal history whatsoever would reject that plea if she were guilty."

Yet she did reject it and she is guilty. So why? I believe Kawass pressured KM into rejecting the plea deal for her own selfish reasons. What a great story, working class single mother of two, jailed for a crime she didn't commit, but freed by her attorney who never gave up fighting for her. Kawass saw fame and fortune. She was going to be the next Johnnie Cochran. Instead of thinking about her defence strategy she was thinking about what to wear on to the Oprah Winfrey show.

She knew KM was guilty, a 5 year old could have determined that, but a plea deal didn't fit in with her plan, didn't give her her 15 minutes of fame. There was no way she was going to let KM accept that deal. She would have sold this story to KM, convincing her she would walk out of court a free woman, hand in hand with the heroic lawyer who saved her life. Finally vindicated.

Ironically Kawass's self serving campaign against injustice saw justice being served. Her guilty client was jailed and I hope Kawass can take some comfort now as I'm assuming her faith in the justice is now restored. #sarcasm

"These cases are the ones that make me lose faith in the justice system."

I wonder if the irony is lost on her. If Kawass had pushed KM to take the deal, she would be a free woman and justice would not have been served, so by pressuring her client not to take the deal, she ensured justice was ultimately served.
(my post from Reddit).

1722474750014.png

1722474771004.png

The TV was some form of alibi reinforced by DA using TV as code in a later phone call, "this TV is 5." But it's nonsensical and completely superfluous, they didn't need to do it which is confusing. But then narcissists and sociopaths don't think like you and I.The Adelsons are grandiose narcissists and I think they thought the more elaborate and ingenius the murder plot was the better it would be. It would serve as an exemplification of how smart they were. No-one else would be capable of planning a murder in such a way.

So what purpose the the TV repair serve. IMO the hit was supposed to happen earlier and the TV repair was supposed to take longer. DM dropped the kids off around 9am and I think WA believed he would then go home. He wasn't due at work that morning. So if he gets home at 9.15am and is murdered then that would be at a similar time the TV was being repaired. However he went to the gym and the TV could not be repaired. And I think this is why WA phoned CA for 18 minutes and according to the repair guy was visibly upset. The plan had gone awry. The TV could not be repaired and repair guy was going and CA had said that KM phoned him to say that SG/lR said DM was now at the gym, not on his way home.

The moronic thing about this elaborate plan is all WA had to do is go to the shops where there would be a multitude of CCTC cameras.

The other suggestion is that CA and DA wanted to keep WA at home whilst the murder was taking place. Knowing she was highly impulsive and irrational she might rush to the murder scene to check if he had been murdered and be spotted by the police, which she did..... as GC said and as CA reiterated on the jailhouse call, "she just couldn't help herself."
But Dan left her a voice mail at 9:02 or so saying he was going to the gym and would be done around 10:30, so she knew where he was until that time.he wanted to walk around FSU and discuss the school issues and also pick the boys up to take them swimming at 3:30.

I actually think JL was wrong, everything else he said was right. A kid throwing a game controller at a screen would break it. I think from memory it was broken back in March.
No, he said at trial the week of June 11-16 (I may be off a day or two but it was a month prior)

So does anybody have a theory about how the TV got broken? LaCasse testified that it looked as if someone rammed a heavy object into it, as I recall, and that it did not look like a child could have done it. So, assuming LaCasse is telling the truth, any ideas on who might have done that? Harvey? Wendi? He said it looked like it took a lot of force, as I recall. It would be difficult for me to imagine an adult coming over to the house and slamming an object into the TV without Wendi knowing it. What would this person’s explanation have been as to why they did that (assuming Wendi didn’t know about the murder plot)? Could she have broken it herself?

As I recall, LaCasse testified that she did not want him to get another one, nor did she want to try to hook the DVD player up to a different one she had. He testified that she said it wouldn’t work on the other TV. Could this have been a way to have a witness (LaCasse) to the fact that it was broken and needed to be repaired? Is that why she may have been so insistent that no other TV would work? Seems like if it was the intent to make LaCasse a witness, it backfired, because he testified that he found the whole thing odd and that it didn’t look like the boys could have done it.

If I recall correctly LaCasse wasn’t asked, and didn’t say, what Wendi told him about how the TV got broken. Did he? Wouldn’t she have told him something?

When did LaCasse say this whole thing happened?
He said on the stand that it was June 11-16 if I remember right. I know it was one month before the murder. People think it was March because strangely, Wendi said on the stand Something like “well, if the TV was broken in March”….an answer to something GC questioned her on.

But Dan left her a voice mail at 9:02 or so saying he was going to the gym and would be done around 10:30, so she knew where he was until that time.he wanted to walk around FSU and discuss the school issues and also pick the boys up to take them swimming at 3:30.
Yes, and, she has consistently denied having received his message.

He said on the stand that it was June 11-16 if I remember right. I know it was one month before the murder. People think it was March because strangely, Wendi said on the stand Something like “well, if the TV was broken in March”….an answer to something GC questioned her on.
That’s only a month before the murder. The evidence was that she went back and forth to South Florida a couple of times in June/July, as I recall, and her parents usually drove back and forth with her. And Jeff testifies that he saw that the TV was broken during this same period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back