AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too and I am old. :crazy:

I posted earlier that it was hard for me to believe this person could have carried Isa right out the window, but after seeing the video of her bedroom window, imo it would have been easy..

I could have done it and I am sort-of old and sort-of short, lol....

Never again will I post without doing a little research first,,,, sorry!

You can see the kitchen in the video. That would make it the family room if
the floorplan we see is correct.

I believe what you see in the video is this. Left window is from the Family Room out to the patio and the right window is in the Breakfast Nook.

This is a slightly different version of the first I posted and does not show window placement as I don't know where they are for sure. Only what I see from the outside on the maps.

Attachments

• CelisHomeFloorplansmall.jpg
    CelisHomeFloorplansmall.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 36
Do we know if there is a PC tomorrow, or any other day planned for this week?

If LE does not keep them up, regardless of whether they reveal anything, I just do not think a high interest level will be sustained in this case. The media won't, and can't, really, report on nothing and as we know, they do not simply remind the public every day when a child is missing, they only address it at all if there is news, or a PC, or the parents have spoken.

As far as a forum for this case (as some were requesting last night)...personally, I can't imagine why. There is really very little known in this case. And certainly nothing that has not been discussed in excruciating detail already.

JMO

I believe what you see in the video is this. Left window is from the Family Room out to the patio and the right window is in the Breakfast Nook.

This is a slightly different version of the first I posted and does not show window placement as I don't know where they are for sure. Only what I see from the outside on the maps.

Yes, I think we tackled that one lol. I can see that now. So that one center doorway would be leading out to the patio right?

On the video it's an open kitchen behind the couch she is on with a counter that separates the room she is in and the kitchen. Just behind Isa, in the direction the camera is pointing but to the right a bit...back right is a dining table and chairs.

Couch she's on is in family room and she is facing the front of the house.
Marked couch and Isa with a rough star..
Her mom is facing breakfast room on the north side of couch.
Couch is running north to south in family room.

Attachments

• CelisHomeFloorplan.jpg
    CelisHomeFloorplan.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 42
I doubt I could climb out carrying a child...JMO

My little one gets to stay up late on weekends to watch movies and always falls asleep on the couch. I carry her up two flights of stairs and over 2 sets of baby gates (used to keep the dogs out of the bedrooms and off the carpet).. You would be surprised what someone can do when they are determined. and, while we are on the subject, it just occurred to me that my little one never wakes up when I do this, so it's possible Isa slept through this....

boy, it makes me sick just typing this crap... this beautiful little girl should be at home, safe, and in bed thinking about all the fun she is gonna have this summer!

Bumping up
and providing the link to full presser you were looking for, Kat..

At about 1:43 in the tape Hawke is asked about CPS visit in December. She states several times that TPD will make no comment on the nature of the visit and makes it clear the press will need to contact the spokepserson there.

At about 6:00 in the tape Hawke is asked about TPD calls to the residence. This is where she makes her minor
or minimal in nature statement-- [that NBC mistook for a comment on CPS in their report.] c'mon media!

Full presser from May 17, 2012
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/179377/video-center

bbm
Thank you so much for you post, Kat.

Prof,

I'm so grateful that you were able to listen to the briefing and give times for the statements about which calls were minor. I normally go to KVOA for briefing videos. That's where I watched this live on Thursday. Now their video is very short (no q/a portion) while other previous briefings are still full length. I tried your link and it initially brings up a video on a different subject. I'm sorry. I don't know what to search on after I get to this site? I don't understand why this seems so hard to find?

I also want to mention one other point on this subject. The original source I found describing the CPS call as minor was the Today Show. IMO, if the Today Show is the primary source of a comment, it might be a good idea to do a little verification.

After the exclusive interview with Sergio and Becky, and then the surprisingly calm 911 voice of Sergio, the Today show seems to now report more information than other sources. It's usually right after a briefing and it may be a conclusion that could be drawn from LE's words, but not a statement that LE has released publicly. Maybe they're trying to recover after what some feel was "kid glove" questioning of the parents.

It's possible that the Today Show actually has a source (leak) in TPD. But since LE seems to be trying to control the information release so carefully, it would be surprising if they're giving exclusives.

I noticed a different Today Show reporting example after the 5/14 briefing and 911 tape release.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...26268#47426268

The next morning, the Today show said law enforcement sources had told them that there was "nothing to support a stranger abduction". Since the family hadn't been eliminated, I guess that might be a possible conclusion. But LE was still firmly stating that they hadn't eliminated any possibilities. The "nothing to support a stranger abduction" phrase soon made it's way around the internet.

On a totally unrelated subject, I think the family room seems to be the most reasonable assumption for SC's reference. The living room doesn't share a wall with Isa's bedroom. People may refer to a family room as the living room because it's part of the main "public' space. IMO, they wouldn't be as likely to say that about the den because it's much more closed off and separated.

On the video it's an open kitchen behind the couch she is on with a counter that separates the room she is in and the kitchen. Just behind Isa, in the direction the camera is pointing but to the right a bit...back right is a dining table and chairs.

Couch she's on is in family room and she is facing the front of the house.
Marked couch and Isa with a rough star..
Her mom is facing breakfast room on the north side of couch.
Couch is running north to south in family room.

If that is the same sofa Sergio was sleeping on it would face the (bedroom) wall where presumably the TV is. It's not on the "other side of the wall" .

MOO

I doubt anyone carried Isa out of the window.

All I know is I could get in and out of that window by myself.

I would still think no matter how careful the perp was, there would be something in the window sill/casing, inside or outside the window to indicate that was the method of entry and/or exit.

:waitasec:

MOO

I would never go check the electrical meter either because I would not have the faintest clue if it was okay or broken or what. I'd be afraid that if I even touched it I might get the zap to end all zaps!

Just call me "the chicken homeowner."

Yep, yep... we were the same way.
Last summer during the awful heat wave, we were having all kinds of problems with the electricity, he tried putting in new breakers, everything. There would be a few outlets in the house that worked, and some that didn't. Finally, when all of them stopped working, he called a friend of his who is an electrician and he came out and tested all the breakers, still didn't solve the problem. Then he went and checked the meter outside and found a wire loose. Once he tightened that wire, problems solved. We had been having to run an extension cord from an outside outlet to the refrigerator and another one to one of the air conditioners. The weather was over a 100 degrees every day.
My husband was kicking himself because he never thought to check the meter itself.

What is the window we are seeing in the video?

Window by the table. Then back door to porch and a window to the back porch? And a mirror on the wall in the hallway. Looks from our floor plan that Isa's bedroom door is in the hallway not to the family room.

So, we have pretty much established that the video was done in the familyroom off the kitchen with the patio behind Isa.

Attachments

• window1.jpg
    window1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 40
  • isakittable3.jpg
    isakittable3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 34
  • isakitchen4.jpg
    isakitchen4.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 36
  • CelisHomeFloorplansmall.jpg
    CelisHomeFloorplansmall.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 39
I really dont know but Sierra Lamar's family will not talk about the investigation in her case either. They say they do not want to impede the investigation.

So while LE may not have told them they may think it isnt a good idea to release what is known.

I sure dont think LE would want the evidence known though. They keep that close to their vest and if they wont talk about it then it makes sense they dont want anyone else to do so either.

Most of the time, LE does tell the family not to talk about certain things to the media. Their advice is just to talk about the missing child, but not the case itself. If they absolutely do not want some details leaked at all, they don't even share with the family. Obviously, some family members in some cases like media attention and will talk to reporters any time, so LE likes to keep things from them that might hurt the investigation if it leaked out.

Prof,

I'm so grateful that you were able to listen to the briefing and give times for the statements about which calls were minor. I normally go to KVOA for briefing videos. That's where I watched this live on Thursday. Now their video is very short (no q/a portion) while other previous briefings are still full length. I tried your link and it initially brings up a video on a different subject. I'm sorry. I don't know what to search on after I get to this site? I don't understand why this seems so hard to find?[/url]

The next morning, the Today show said law enforcement sources had told them that there was "nothing to support a stranger abduction". Since the family hadn't been eliminated, I guess that might be a possible conclusion. But LE was still firmly stating that they hadn't eliminated any possibilities. The "nothing to support a stranger abduction" phrase soon made it's way around the internet.

On a totally unrelated subject, I think the family room seems to be the most reasonable assumption for SC's reference. The living room doesn't share a wall with Isa's bedroom. People may refer to a family room as the living room because it's part of the main "public' space. IMO, they wouldn't be as likely to say that about the den because it's much more closed off and separated.

Try this link to the video
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/179377/video-center?clipId=7285968&autostart=true

So, we have pretty much established that the video was done in the familyroom off the kitchen with the patio behind Isa.

Now if Sergio was asleep on that sofa in the familyroom, everything being as close together as it seems, the den should be just around the corner of that window that would look out on to the patio, the patio door being right there, and Isa's room then being where it is, I don't see anyway that someone could have walked past him with Isa to go out that patio door. So, wonder how close to the front door it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87