AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I feel terrible for the poor aunty who cleaned the kitchen, she is taking such a beating lol. I can tell you that my dear mother and any of my numerous ti-tis would have done the same thing in a crisis. Can't do anything else? Start cleaning and doing dishes! :innocent:

Feel Sorry for her... Excuse me, I can't feel sorry for an idiot, you don't go cleaning ANYTHING at a crime scene and if anything I think she should be arrested and charged with obstruction and evidence tampering. Don't wanna cause some sort of WS argument over that but what she did there at that home could possibly be part of the reason we still don't know what happened. Stupid, purely stupid.

Feel Sorry for her... Excuse me, I can't feel sorry for an idiot, you don't go cleaning ANYTHING at a crime scene and if anything I think she should be arrested and charged with obstruction and evidence tampering. Don't wanna cause some sort of WS argument over that but what she did there at that home could possibly be part of the reason we still don't know what happened. Stupid, purely stupid.

I agree. People SHOULD know better... unless they WANTED to get rid of something. Didn't people learn anything from the Anthony case - washing pants, etc.?

Yes, she must be an idiot, because everyone knows perfect protocol at crime scenes. Everyone!

:ohoh:

Yes, I'm sure when people want to cover up evidence, the first thing they're going to do is wash a sink of dishes.

For that matter... the officer that let everyone in the home at all is also a freaking idiot and should be put on desk duty if not admin leave.

Yes, I'm sure when people want to cover up evidence, the first thing they're going to do is wash a sink of dishes.

Nobody that I know personally follows crime cases at all. Just for the heck of it, I think I'll ask everyone that I know if they would wash dishes.

I don't know where this post is going to fall...

But I am still back on Page Negative 324....

At first I was frustrated that I couldn't pull up the Docs.

I still can't....

But this has actually turned out to be a serendipitous situation!

With my OCD, I would feel like I had to read every word, number, and blanked out ???, so I would be even more behind! (Yes, Joedotnet, I said :behind"... :giggle:)

What I am trying to say...

A BIG THANK YOU! to ALL of you for all your separate, yet cohesive, work towards making sense of this rather mystifying case!

:gthanks:

I agree. People SHOULD know better... unless they WANTED to get rid of something. Didn't people learn anything from the Anthony case - washing pants, etc.?

Um, washing pants, favorite doll in car, the whole inside of the car. ~shaking head~

I can't seem to find it ... what was the time when the aunt was washing dishes?

Yeah, and I agree, it's foolish to be cleaning anything when it's a crime scene or to be doing anything inside the house, let alone let other people in. I would have been telling everyone at the door to either stay out or get out. If they weren't out looking for Isa or whatever, why are they there anyway!

Just ask yourself.. What if there was a knife in the sink that was used in the commission of a crime, what if there was evidence in the sponge on the sink from cleaning up something. What if for some strange reason whoever did this touched something in the kitchen. She may have cleaned the door to the garage, she may have cleaned up any fallen hair fibers from the perp. Who knows what all she cleaned up besides the sink of dishes.

Yes, she must be an idiot, because everyone knows perfect protocol at crime scenes. Everyone!

:ohoh:

I just think it was poor judgment. There must be other things to do also when a child is missing. That doesn't mean she intended to clean up any crime scene, but it adds to the confusion.

For that matter... the officer that let everyone in the home at all is also a freaking idiot and should be put on desk duty if not admin leave.

I agree that the home should have been secured as a crime scene. But it is reasonable to think it takes a little time for LE to come to the conclusion that the child is really actually missing before that happens.

Not everyone is savy to crime scene protocol like we at WS are.

Well, I asked my daughter if she would have washed dishes in this situation. She said no because someone might think she was tampering with evidence but she also said she could see someone doing it to help out. I think her opinion should be disregarded though as I can't ever get her to wash dishes.

I understand the dishwashing woman is more-than-likely innocent, but who knows? How do we KNOW she wasn't washing away evidence? Likely or not, it should have been thought out better. Who would suspect a woman at a sink? I would have seen her as suspicious as anyone at that point.

My late and elderly ex-mother-in-law brought in fruit, cheese, meat and coffee, all illegally, right through customs, several times a year. (Prior to 1980). While not explosives, fruit-flies are feared by farmers, and hence the ban on fruit fro South America being brought in my individuals). No one ever gave a 4ft. tall little old lady, with the tote bag full of mangos and guava a second glance!

I can't seem to find it ... what was the time when the aunt was washing dishes?

Yeah, and I agree, it's foolish to be cleaning anything when it's a crime scene or to be doing anything inside the house, let alone let other people in. I would have been telling everyone at the door to either stay out or get out. If they weren't out looking for Isa or whatever, why are they there anyway!

Ummmm, to support the family. If my sister's child went missing I would be there in a millisecond.

If the Aunt was there in the first hour and washing dishes, in the midst of all the confusion and searches. Would you still think it was foolish? Everything in hindsight looks crystal clear ...

lol I'm sure whatever all she did was " adequate " enough to tamper with the evidence collection process.

Ummmm, to support the family. If my sister's child went missing I would be there in a millisecond.

If the Aunt was there in the first hour and washing dishes, in the midst of all the confusion and searches. Would you still think it was foolish? Everything in hindsight looks crystal clear ...

Yes ... still foolish. It is foolish - no matter what the intent or just lack of awareness of it. I'm not bludgeoning her, just saying it's a foolish thing to do whether it looks clear when it's done or in hindsight.

I happen to disagree, I do not think most people, even women, would start washing dishes when a child has been abducted. It's not like another crises where someone had an accident, etc.

I don't understand why we CAN'T say it's a foolish thing to do without it sounding like we are coming down too hard on this woman. :banghead:

She probably didn't know what else to do. In a emergency situation, you always try to do something to help out. Of course she was wrong, nothing should ever be disturbed in a crime scene, but for the sake of keeping things calm, why don't we say, she didn't know the rules. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!