AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
im glad im not a criminal with all you sleuthers hanging around here LOL LOL LOL

Some of the tubes are heparinized and others have chemical additives. The color usage is standardized because of the additives.
http://www.austincc.edu/mlt/phb_tubes

The only reason I mentioned the different tube colors meaning something was that I have recurrent Lyme disease. I end up having multiple tubes of blood drawn to check for autoimmune deficiencies, presence of active Lyme infection, and a few other things, cholesterol and occasionally some doctor will decide to test me for Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis (mine is osteoarthritis), and I realized after a while that the tubes were always the same colors for the basic stuff (not the same as each other, but the same each time I was tested, but DIFFERENT from each other) and figured it out. By then I had noticed that they seemed to have a bit of clearish stuff in the bottom before they even drew my blood, and assumed that was what the different caps designated. I asked the phlebotomist who told me I was right, but did not tell me what was for what.

Whether or not Type 1 Diabetes (aka "Juvenile Diabetes" or sometimes referred to as "insulin dependent diabetes") is hereditary is up for much discussion - there was no diabetes in our family when my daughter was diagnosed - the first thing the nurse on the information line asked me when I told her my daughter was excessively thirsty was "is there any diabetes in the family?"

(by the way, just for the record, an adult can be diagnosed with Type I/Juvenile Diabetes as well - it is described as an insulin dependent diabetes, where the patient produces no insulin, thereby requiring multiple insulin injections per day, as opposed to Type II Diabetes which can be controlled with a combination of small amounts of insulin, oral medication, or diet - a Type II diabetic produces some insulin)

I have seen some cases where it has been diagnosed in other family members, and other cases like ours where there were no other family members. Some schools of thought consider that Type 1 Diabetes MAY be triggered by a virus, but that's another long story which is not relevant here.

I don't know why they would be checking for glucose in the parents' blood, but I'm sure one of the nurses or medical experts here at WS will have an answer. The only reason I'm aware of is to test blood sugar (glucose).

Thought:

As I am writing this, the only thing that stands out to me is the "injections" - is it possible that syringes were found in the home, which is normal if you are diabetic? However, syringes can also be used as we know for illegal drugs. Just a thought that came to my mind . . .

A grey topped tube an be used to test for numerous things. It yields plasma when centrifuged, not serum like in a red or tiger top.

While commonly used for glucose testing, it is also for alcohol, lactic acid, and more. It is typically up to the performing lab as to what type vacutainer tube they want for their testing methods.

Just a quick CE... red top and tiger tops give serum, what is left after cells clot and are spun down. The other tube gives plasma, as the tubes contain an anticoagulant. Most tests an be run from most, not all, types of tubes. Purple tops are typically used only for hematology or Hemoglobin A1C, a test used to monitor long term diabetic results.

But, glucose can be run on a red, grey, green, tiger top, and even a purple top if needed.
NFI

He was booked the day before I believe. It has already been mentioned he might have still been in jail, but do you know for sure he wasn't? Why so caustic?

Someone noticed the guy was mentioned a few times in the reports, and that his mother, with whom he lives, near the Celis family, stated she had not seen her son in 3 days, when interviewed on the 23rd. I am sure she knew whether he had a criminal history, but it almost sounds like she was throwing him under the bus, as one of the "typical" LE questions asked in a neighborhood canvas is "Has anyone you know changed their routine, arrived late for work, had unexplained cuts, bruises or scratches, or disappeared in the days since the abduction?"

Boy, this sure did make the guy sound hinky, and it was compounded by another member discovering his "checkered past." I have to admit that it was looking interesting to me too, and I eagerly awaited more information. Then someone found an arrest record for him for the 20th. While Isabel was reported missing on the morning of the 21st, and was likely not abducted before midnight (i.e. on the 20th), it is quite probable that someone arrested on the 20th would sit in a cell over the weekend awaiting a bail hearing. This not only alibis him for the time during which Isabel vanished, but ALSO explains why he was not seen for several days (per his mom).

A lot of the theories here evolve rather quickly, and it was a matter of a page or so after the first mention of this possible POI that I (and apparently others) had pretty much dismissed him. While there is a slight chance he was arrested in the wee hours of the 20th, and had a full business day before Isabel's disappearance during which he could be arraigned, I believe a closer look at the available information concerning his arrest should resolve this issue.

Now, N.McD still has some 'splainin' to do, IMO. That guy gets around.

All I could determine from the court record is that he posted bail (it was low) and had an initial hearing on 4/21 - I don't know if they typically keep them in jail until the initial hearing? If not, possible he was just held a short while. Apparently he didn't let mom know he was in jail even by 4/23.

His initial hearing was held on a Saturday? Wow. I work for the State of MD and our courts close for the weekend at 4:30 on Friday.

His initial hearing was held on a Saturday? Wow. I work for the State of MD and our courts close for the weekend at 4:30 on Friday.

hehe - hey, I'm in Cali and no one even works on Fri for the State :floorlaugh:

I think he was most probably in jail, but I sure would like to know for sure especially since they searched the apartments where he lives on Bellevue.

Anyone know the reason they specifically searched those apartments?

OxyC
Could he take scripts from his work?

Yup. It would be pretty easy. In most Dr and dentists offices, the assistants write the scripts.

Thats what i thought!
I wonder could he sell them?

Possible. He could make A LOT of money that way. JMO

These accusations are getting a little wild. It is one thing to think he might have been sedated (his child was taken from her bed in the night) when interviewed, but to suggest he is a drug addict and then to name a specific drug? And DEALING as well?

Is there ANY available evidence to support this? His employers speak very highly of him. If there was a problem with missing prescription pads or meds, I am certain they would have investigated this. If he had participated in such a thing, I'd expect the staff and doctors to refrain from making any public comment at all.

I certainly do not feel comfortable pointing a finger at Sergio for something we have NO evidence of. If you want to discuss his possible involvement in his daughter's disappearance, that is appropriate, but unless something in MSM or in the public records says he has a substance abuse problem, <modsnip>. JMO.

These accusations are getting a little wild. It is one thing to think he might have been sedated (his child was taken from her bed in the night) when interviewed, but to suggest he is a drug addict and then to name a specific drug? And DEALING as well?

Is there ANY available evidence to support this? His employers speak very highly of him. If there was a problem with missing prescription pads or meds, I am certain they would have investigated this. If he had participated in such a thing, I'd expect the staff and doctors to refrain from making any public comment at all.

I certainly do not feel comfortable pointing a finger at Sergio for something we have NO evidence of. If you want to discuss his possible involvement in his daughter's disappearance, that is appropriate, but unless something in MSM or in the public records says he has a substance abuse problem, I don't think it is appropriate to speculate. JMO.

I never said that he did anything...just said its possible and gave personal experience.

No more out there than any other theory IMO.

Does anyone have a list of appropriate topics that are ok to speculate on? These threads are full of speculation. IMO speculation is ok as long as it is noted as such.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Becky posted a new pic on FB yesterday. Very sweet. Isa is so adorable.

This is my first post so bear with me... I have read all through these PDF;s as well and it is interesting that this NMCD takes what appears to be his gf's green VW to the park.(PDF 3 page24 shows license plate of VW belonging to his gf,AG) He has a truck that is documented several times in other reports(With license plate number in PDF 4 page4 and again both documented in PDF 5 page2) as his when going out to work and him and his gf going in her VW. It is also note worthy that although the address is blackened out in the report(you can tell it is NMCD's and his gf's residence that is photographed and a footprint photo taken there as well. They bagged up a footprint on a drop cloth for evidence!? They also searched both vehichles belonging to them and one officer took 60 photographs at that location! It's worth the read as two officer's took photos. One had been relieved.PDF 5 page31 location1 is NMCD's address although blacked out it is the same as they did not black out the license plate #'s belonging to him and his gf,AG.Officer N reports of her photos in PDF5 page 58 for Loc 3 has 80 pictures! next page PDF5 page59 location 3 again stating the license plates for NMCD and AG.

So Question for all you who live in Az... Would you need a Maglight flashlight at 1015 am as stated by officer in (PDF3 page17)??? Weird that he would be out looking by himself with a flashlight taking his girlfriends car not his truck after waking up to the news and just booking it to the park! Strange IMO of course!

Maybe mag flashlight was needed in darkened tunnels?

WELCOME OTHER EYES!

Any luck? I tried but no luck. I wonder if he could have ties in Ca as it appears his girlfriend had either a california license or license plate?PDF3 page61 the officer writes that AG was going to work and that her license plate is out of california?

Good EYES, Other Eyes!:rocker: :smile:

With all due respect, I think a possible drug link is warranted discussion, given that drugs & the cartel was mentioned in the docs, MSM as speculation, etc. Personally, it is not in my theories (as if I have any) but I can understand it being discuss. It may not be pretty and maybe harsh to some or many, I can understand the topic being raised and the possibilities of access etc. also to perhaps try to explain the strange behavior in the 911 call.

I see nothing wrong with skimming over topics or not participating in areas you are not interested in. I haven't participated in the drug or cartel area, but I have no issue with others who wish to do so. JMO

I wonder if Moore's security had anything on NM's house? Not sure that the video went out that wide to reach to viewing the house, but at that angle, the one house infront of the Celis home wouldn't be blocking. Although it seems that NM is more of an alley/tunnel type person, so the view from the front might not really provide much. I guess I'm just thinking out loud here...

good thought, AzDaisy!

this NMc is really suspicious to me right now!

So I watched parts 1 & 2 of what I think people are referring to as "the couch interview". Both seem defensive. Becky more so. I also noted both respond with way more than is needed at times imo. It brought tears to my eyes listening when Becky got emotional. I could also sense Sergio's pain when she got emotional. I started thinking they don't have anything to do with this but imo the cps thing is extreme. I think it has to be something major to keep Sergio away from his family during such a traumatic situation. Either he is a danger to his children or something. Even if he had a history of alcohol abuse and he got horribly drunk after Isabel's disappearance, would that be enough to keep them apart all this time?

Yes I've been here a loooooong time and that's one of the wonderful things about Websleuths is we speculate! We throw possibilities out and discuss them.

I have had personal experience with a relative who lifted prescription pads and wrote fake prescriptions for he and his friends in all the adjoining towns. Because the same place did not fill all prescriptions it took a while for the feds to catch him. I suspect the record keeping is a bit different now....but.... he acted a lot like SC and his favorite pill was Placidyl. He had no trouble getting it at any time.

When the prescription pad ran out he just went to different doctors and somehow fooled them all!

I have no idea about him sedating
Isabel but as far as SC goes it is definitely my OPINION that he could be on something and possibly much more entangled in drugs than any of us know.

And Pinky I understood exactly what you meant.

There is no reason to believe any of this blood they found has anything to do with her disappearance, in fact there are many reasons to assume it has nothing to do with it at all. If it did someone would likely be in custody by now if for no other reason than to apply more heat and pressure in an attempt to get someone to crack.

I feel compelled to bring up something about blood stains: LE in the Susan Powell Case found a large blood stain from Susan in the living room the day after she went missing. They never diviulged this evidence until after Josh Powell killed himself and his sons. If all it took was a bloodstain to arrest on suspcicion of murder, then LE would have arrested Josh when they confirmed the stain, because they knew he killed Susan.

There's IMO already a lot of evidience in this case and probably a bunch more we don't know about. That blood found in Isa's bedroom could very well be signficant - just not significant enough for an arrest. But at some point, the scales will tip.

So I watched parts 1 & 2 of what I think people are referring to as "the couch interview". Both seem defensive. Becky more so. I also noted both respond with way more than is needed at times imo. It brought tears to my eyes listening when Becky got emotional. I could also sense Sergio's pain when she got emotional. I started thinking they don't have anything to do with this but imo the cps thing is extreme. I think it has to be something major to keep Sergio away from his family during such a traumatic situation. Either he is a danger to his children or something. Even if he had a history of alcohol abuse and he got horribly drunk after Isabel's disappearance, would that be enough to keep them apart all this time?

I agree. We can't forget that CPS only takes children away for a Major reason. That reason involves SC and not BC for some reason and it isn't small being that he can have no communication with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille