AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a map Monday morning in the Media thread...

here's a copy of it

Attachments

• Wilshireheightsmap.png
    Wilshireheightsmap.png
    912.8 KB · Views: 38
Just would say on the Walmart/Albertson's stores...I would imagine the route home for the Celis family would simply be straight up Craycroft and either in from 14th or possibly right turn on Bway and then in on Van Buren...Albertson's would be a trip too far for me late at night...Walmart on the other hand, if I really needed something would be right on the way...

I don't have the PDF reference handy, but as a local did you notice they also retrieved (or attempted to?) video from The Buffet on E 9th? Maybe due to its reputation that is standard "just in case" protocol. But it made me chuckle.

Just would say on the Walmart/Albertson's stores...I would imagine the route home for the Celis family would simply be straight up Craycroft and either in from 14th or possibly right turn on Bway and then in on Van Buren...Albertson's would be a trip too far for me late at night...Walmart on the other hand, if I really needed something would be right on the way...

LE requested surveillance from both those stores. I included them on a map in a previous post today.

IMO since they had witnesses that stated the family were all at the game, the family might have made those stops on the way home from the park... but they could have made them on the way to the park, even though witnesses did see Isa at the park. Maybe they had not contacted those witnesses yet..

Since the requests were made early on Saturday, I assume they had to do with the family stating they went to both stores on Friday.

I originally asked if anyone had any thoughts on why the family's stops were never discussed in pressers, as a timeline of Friday given to the public might have generated more tips.
JMO

I can tell you this.....filing an FOIA does not mean you get what you request!! And can tell you that there is a crap load of "stuff" that will never ever ever be released under an FOIA.

And TPD did NOT release all their "reports"...No way on Earth I will ever believe that those 500+ documents were all the docs for this case....no way no how!

ETA...FOIA is a ruse IMO.....it is to satisfy the public by releasing "some" things giving the illusion of being a transparent government....exactly as Madeleine74 said above. I know a crap load of people holding TS/SCI clearances working on classified stuff in various military and fed agencies....and I can promise the majority of stuff they "work" on will NEVER EVER EVER be released to the public no matter how many FOIAs you request! :) And this goes for local and fed levels....

http://www.foia.gov/faq.html#exemptions <<< more excemptions at link...

IMO, there is information that should NOT be made available to the public, so I am fine with having those restrictions on their release.

Thanks for posting that info!

I sure wish the technology used in the movie " DeJa Vu " really existed when cases like this pop up.

I don't have the PDF reference handy, but as a local did you notice they also retrieved (or attempted to?) video from The Buffet on E 9th? Maybe due to its reputation that is standard "just in case" protocol. But it made me chuckle.

I posted this in the Media thread ...
Here's a copy
PDF 6 page 36

This bar is sort of far...the request was not made until a week later...I found it interesting.

Attachments

• BarSurveillance.png
    BarSurveillance.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 32
I'm the same way! But you really should have a buddy with you!(Especially if you're planning on maglighting! LOL!):giggle:

It might be a good idea to check with the officer who just interviewed you, first, to see if the police officer thought leaving the cordoned off area to search on your own would be a good idea or not?
Just a thought.

I posted this in the Media thread ...
Here's a copy
PDF 6 page 36

This bar is sort of far...the request was not made until a week later...I found it interesting.

I don't visit the media thread (mostly because my time is really limited any more)... but thanks much for the link up.

The Buffet is a renowned dive bar... the term "colorful" comes to mind. So it may well have simply been SOP to review any video available. Wonder if they also checked The Surly Wench. <--- local reference only. Feeling silly.

I don't visit the media thread (mostly because my time is really limited any more)... but thanks much for the link up.

The Buffet is a renowned dive bar... the term "colorful" comes to mind. So it may well have simply been SOP to review any video available. Wonder if they also checked The Surly Wench. <--- local reference only. Feeling silly.

I think you have online esp or something lol
but seriously who would they be looking for at the dive bar?
I read the reviews for the Buffet this morning
I noted the Surly Wench on a FB page

Just weighing in here on the McMags thing:

I am no expert on how LE works, but I sorta think most of the stuff that was released in the docs is stuff that LE doesn't necessarily think is pertinent to the case, or at least not a lead they are seriously looking at.

The fact the McMags is so prevalent in these docs makes me think he is not where LE is focusing.

On the other hand, the glaring absence of JM in the docs causes me to think they may, in fact, be considering him as having involvement.

JMO

JM is mentioned in the docs-- not sure I would call him absent

Just weighing in here on the McMags thing:

I am no expert on how LE works, but I sorta think most of the stuff that was released in the docs is stuff that LE doesn't necessarily think is pertinent to the case, or at least not a lead they are seriously looking at.

The fact the McMags is so prevalent in these docs makes me think he is not where LE is focusing.

On the other hand, the glaring absence of JM in the docs causes me to think they may, in fact, be considering him as having involvement.

JMO

I generally agree with the above. What I do find interesting is that tips I personally submitted are not in the dump. Interviews I know took place in regard to those tips are not in the dump. What does it mean? Maybe nothing. Maybe LE simply figured 500+ pages of likely insignificant or excluded POI docs was adequate... Who knows.

I think you have online esp or something lol
but seriously who would they be looking for at the dive bar?
I read the reviews for the Buffet this morning
I noted the Surly Wench on a FB page

Anyone with alcoholic tendencies. LOL. There is a nice collection of "regulars" at both bars... maybe hoping to see a familiar face. Or maybe just in response to a vague tip.

@Prof:

Regarding the Walmart/Albertson's surveillance tapes, my first (and only assumption, really) is that either LE has debit card purchase records from those places or SC/RC claimed to be there (or denied being there)

IMO, they want to see:

1. If the family shopped at either store.

2. Which members were there? Whole family? Maybe they took two vehicles?

3. What was purchased?

4. What Isa was wearing!!!!

JMO, without having put a ton of thought into it, admittedly!

Has anyone looked at J.McN. ? pg 20 in Docs.3
questioned when taking a shortcut through the wash.. I can't find anything on him..

Looks like LE checked into it but found nothing odd/suspicious.

I generally agree with the above. What I do find interesting is that tips I personally submitted are not in the dump. Interviews I know took place in regard to those tips are not in the dump. What does it mean? Maybe nothing. Maybe LE simply figured 500+ pages of likely insignificant or excluded POI docs was adequate... Who knows.

Pieper, do you mean your called-tips were regarding McMags?

Or did you call in tips regarding other persons/evidence?

If it is the latter, then I would assume your tips are being considered and followed up on!

If the former, perhaps they either haven't released all the docs they are no longer considering, or some part of your tip was considered of value and was retained, regardless of the direction they were taking on McMags.

All just guessing.....

Pieper, do you mean your called-tips were regarding <modsnip>?

Or did you call in tips regarding other persons/evidence?

If it is the latter, then I would assume your tips are being considered and followed up on!

If the former, perhaps they either haven't released all the docs they are no longer considering, or some part of your tip was considered of value and was retained, regardless of the direction they were taking on <modsnip>.

All just guessing.....

Nothing to do with <modsnip>. LOL.

ETA: my "take" on <modsnip> is a savior-complex sort who felt "who knows the hidey holes around here better than a resident?"... or perhaps someone who had little faith in TPD for whatever reason.

They could be looking for video from the bar to prove someone was there at the time given to LE during a recent interview. (To prove their alibi.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member