AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This site in the article needs shut down but there are so many online that stay up. NAMBLA for one.

Backpage.com: Doorway to sex trafficking?

snipped

The site is operated by Village Voice Media, an alternative news weekly chain based right here in Phoenix. It also owns the Phoenix New Times.

There's mounting pressure from several U.S. senators and dozens of mayors across the country to shut the site down. They say it's turning a profit on trafficking children for sex.

But at the same time, some argue this site actually helps police with their investigations -- though police say they don't support a site like this -- they admit it has helped them catch child predators.

"The entire thing is disgusting in the end when you think about sex slaves and children being victimized like this on the internet," says Holmes. "But at the same time it does give us access and I have to admit it does make it easier to follow up and to monitor."

"If I could eliminate trafficking and child sexual exploitation we would do it, we would it in a heartbeat," said Liz McDougall back in 2010, when she testified before congress. "What has happened is the ads have migrated to other sites."

more at link

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/1...com?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://tucson.backpage.com/

I'm so torn about this. I've watched several interviews with the people that run the site, and police officers, and I've read some articles. I do believe that if backpage didn't exist they would still find ways to communicate and traffic humans. I am absolutely disgusted that it happens right under our very noses seemingly out in the open - but I do believe it is easier for them to get caught this way, or at least noticed so LE can do their best to find them. Ugh...hate, HATE, HATE sickos!

There needs to be a break of some sorts in this case really soon, the number of posts are dwindiling, the news coverage is dropping soon this will be just like Haleigh or Kyron, I dont know that I can handle tat again!

This site in the article needs shut down but there are so many online that stay up. NAMBLA for one.

Backpage.com: Doorway to sex trafficking?

snipped

The site is operated by Village Voice Media, an alternative news weekly chain based right here in Phoenix. It also owns the Phoenix New Times.

There's mounting pressure from several U.S. senators and dozens of mayors across the country to shut the site down. They say it's turning a profit on trafficking children for sex.

But at the same time, some argue this site actually helps police with their investigations -- though police say they don't support a site like this -- they admit it has helped them catch child predators.

"The entire thing is disgusting in the end when you think about sex slaves and children being victimized like this on the internet," says Holmes. "But at the same time it does give us access and I have to admit it does make it easier to follow up and to monitor."

"If I could eliminate trafficking and child sexual exploitation we would do it, we would it in a heartbeat," said Liz McDougall back in 2010, when she testified before congress. "What has happened is the ads have migrated to other sites."

more at link

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/1...com?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://tucson.backpage.com/

NAMBLA ranks right up there with the KKK in my book. Maybe a nudge higher (or lower...). I don't give a carp... they both need to be banished... forever. /rant (sorry)

He also states that they absolutely will take this to trial and that its is only at that time will they release some of the details.. im definitely leaning on them definitely having suspects within their sites and sadly from hearing his words spoken i dont believe isa is alive..jmo tho but his saying they will atleast find out what happened to her if they arent able to find her...again jmo..

TPD stated they believed this case was an " abduction" - but if you look at other cases you notice that it states...."Non Family Abductions" . Abduction means taken out of a place- I don't think that just because they stated that they believe it's an abduction that it rules out the family at all. They said " everyone is a POI"

http://www.azpm.org/news/story/2012/6/4/1558-police-on-missing-tucson-girl-there-are-suspects/

Police On Isabel: There Are Suspects
Story By Fernanda Echavarri

juni 4, 2012

MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THE MP3 INTERVIEW (in the newsreport) with Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor because there is more, IMO, very interesting info in the interview than in the written newsreport.

Agreed. Thanks for the link! One thing that struck me was Villasenor saying "WHEN" they take the case to court, not "If". Declarative. It seemed . . . definitive.

BBM- Correct me if I'm wrong, but you yourself site cases to prove your point all the time. Why is siting the JBR case, as Madeleine74 did, any different than what you do?

Sorry if I didnt make my post clear enough.

I made no comment about Madeleine referring to JBRs case. Many have made reference to Lisa Irwin's case also. Never once have I posted they shouldn't do so.

I was referring to the old saying 'we dont know what goes on behind closed doors.'

I only meant since we DONT KNOW what goes on behind any closed door it doesnt mean that anything untoward is happening either.

I hope that clarifies my prior post.

ETA: The reason I said the Celis family doesnt remind me of the Ramseys is they are not a rich and powerful family and Isa wasnt put in beauty contests even though she is beautiful, imo.

IMO

http://www.azpm.org/news/story/2012/6/4/1558-police-on-missing-tucson-girl-there-are-suspects/

juni 4, 2012

MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THE MP3 INTERVIEW (in the newsreport) with Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor because there is more, IMO, very interesting info in the interview than in the written newsreport.

IIRC, in this news article with the MP3 of TCP Chief are clips from an earlier press conference. I just don't recall the date of the press conference where these clips are from in order to link it.

juni 4, 2012

This does sound promising that they do in fact have suspects and justice may be served.

And, hopefully, while they investigate and make their case, Isabel will be found!

This does sound promising that they do in fact have suspects and justice may be served.

And, hopefully, while they investigate and make their case, Isabel will be found!

I did notice that he talked about the lab testing and the results from that can lead them in another direction.

I was thinking wouldnt it be great for LE if the blood found on the floor wasnt Isa's at all but belonged to the suspect and he may have cut himself when climbing over the wall or taking the screen off the window and climbing in to the bedroom.

IMO

IIRC, in this news article with the MP3 of TCP Chief are clips from an earlier press conference. I just don't recall the date of the press conference where these clips are from in order to link it.

It seemed like an interview to me...

May need to get clarification from the reporter.

He also states that they absolutely will take this to trial and that its is only at that time will they release some of the details.. im definitely leaning on them definitely having suspects within their sites and sadly from hearing his words spoken i dont believe isa is alive..jmo tho but his saying they will atleast find out what happened to her if they arent able to find her...again jmo..

I have renewed faith that LE will find the person responsible for abducting Isa. Imo, they still do not know if the abduction was done for a sexual purpose or if someone may have abducted her for other reasons.

But at least they are firm that she was abducted and they have to have evidence that supports that position.

I felt sad when he talked about the case losing the public's attention since 6 weeks has now passed and he said while that is normal .......it never goes away for the family.

I dont think they are going to find Isa alive either and they may never find her body. Just like I am beginning to doubt they will Sierra's either but at least maybe they can arrest the suspect who has done this horrible thing.

IMO

Saw an interesting article today about the Border Patrol finding 5 bodies in a car between Phoenix and Tucson. The bodies were burned beyond recognition, and the Border Patrol believes that they were hostages taken by the drug cartel. So, the violence is spreading into the USA from Mexico...

But, I don't for a moment believe that is what happened to Isabel Celis. The cartel looks to have other methods for resolving issues with people who owe them money,or who rat them out... Scary indeed.

JMO

IMO The AZPM was more of a report than an interview. The narrator did not ask questions, but commented and used clips of the Chief to back up the comments.

Calling the case an abduction is not new news.
I did not really hear anything different than what has been stated all along, except for the comment on tests and how tests can lead to more tests, as Ocean noted in a post above.
LE has been stating that they are in the investigative phase and busy following up tips for weeks. He's also said that they have POIs or suspects for weeks, and that they have even ruled some out, but won't get into details. All three (Pacheco, Hawke and Villasenor) have stated all along that they are not releasing any details to preserve evidence for down the line when there will be a trial.

That, said, this AZPM report appears to be newer than the Chief's last presser. The last Celis presser was on May 21st, and that was given by Lt. Pacheco.

I think AZPM may have used clips of the KGUN exclusive from Friday the 25th of May, right after the document dump. AZPM seems to paraphrase parts of what Chief V. stated in that exlusive. KGUN has released parts of the video with the Chief sitting at his desk discussing the case one-one-one.

Here are a couple KGUN reports that use clips from the "all access look" interview.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/154854365.html

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/154289295.html

JMO

IMO The AZPM was more of a report than an interview. The narrator did not ask questions, but commented and used clips of the Chief to back up the comments.

Calling the case an abduction is not new news.
I did not really hear anything different than what has been stated all along, except for the comment on tests and how tests can lead to more tests, as Ocean noted in a post above.
LE has been stating that they are in the investigative phase and busy following up tips for weeks. He's also said that they have POIs or suspects for weeks, and that they have even ruled some out, but won't get into details. All three (Pacheco, Hawke and Villasenor) have stated all along that they are not releasing any details to preserve evidence for down the line when there will be a trial.

That, said, this AZPM report appears to be newer than the Chief's last presser. The last Celis presser was on May 21st, and that was given by Lt. Pacheco.

I think AZPM may have used clips of the KGUN exclusive from Friday the 25th of May, right after the document dump. AZPM seems to paraphrase parts of what Chief V. stated in that exlusive. KGUN has released parts of the video with the Chief sitting at his desk discussing the case one-one-one.

Here are a couple KGUN reports that use clips from the "all access look" interview.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/154854365.html

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/154289295.html

JMO

Some new news is that, according to this report, the No Contact order for SC is still in effect ? ..... JMO

It's possible that JonBenet and Isabel suffered similar fates. One difference would be that Isabel's body was dumped outside, while JonBenet's body was found in the basement. Why did each parent(s) decide to dispose of the body where they did? People have speculated that Patsy didn't want her "beauty queen" exposed to the elements, but Sergio is always talking about how beautiful Isabel is, so why would he be okay with that happening with her? He probably knew that if he wanted any chance of getting away with this, he had to get rid of the body. But then why didn't the R's feel that way? Yeah, they haven't been arrested but common sense would tell you that LE finding a child's body in the home is going to point suspicion at the parents.

Without regard to Sergio's comment about his beautiful daughter, I have a difficult time believing that the Celis would be able to toss Isabel's body somewhere like trash. As Catholics, I'm sure that they know that human life is to be treated with dignity at all stages, and the body respected in death.

2300 The bodies of the dead must be treated with respect and charity, in faith and hope of the Resurrection. The burial of the dead is a corporal work of mercy; it honors the children of God, who are temples of the Holy Spirit.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm

If Isabel died in the Celis home due to an accident, I doubt that her parents would have allowed her body to be desecrated by the elements. Rather, I believe that they would have contacted extended family to help them find a place to give Isabel a proper burial, perhaps in Mexico. While it gives me the heebie-jeebies to even think about it, that both parents emphasized Isabel's braids in interviews leaves me wondering if Isabel was dressed beautifully and her hair lovingly braided prior to her removal from the home to be laid to rest. :moo:

I'm local, but not familiar with that side of town, so I'm asking other locals this question.

Is anyone familiar with Don Hummel Park? It's on 4th, near Limberlost and 1st Ave. Just wondering what you can tell me about it, if it's fairly open acreage or if there are areas where there is heavy brush? Also, how close is the closest wash? TIA

I would go find out for myself, but I don't drive and I live wayyyyyyyy on the other side of town, so thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel