AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird they even got the idea to do that. UGH. Is her poster up nearby or what - just doesn't seem they'd remember her full name. Oh, well. I do hope they are questioned about that and, just in case, LE takes a look around.

I don't think it's unusual that they remember her name. It was huge news in Tucson. And although (I don't think) it's in the media anymore, it wasn't that long ago that it was. Many 11-year-old's and 9-year-olds also have Internet access.

I remember months after Baby Lisa went missing, someone who was involved in the case, either from the media or the police, spoke to elementary schools in the area and said the question they are asked the most was, "Have you found Baby Lisa?"

It's like the earth just closed over the top of her.

Does anyone local know if the no-contact agreement is up soon between SC and his boys?

Oh my this is an 11 year old and a 9 year old on summer vacation most likely left alone too much during the summer...Our local news have them handcuffed and on their way to prison tonight at 10. KGUN 9 thank you...

They will suffer juvie, don't trash them on the news. Shame on you Tucson news! Investigate where Isa could be and put that out there for once. Next segment was about a forelorn dog with picture...fgs...

Can't' wait until we get moved!

It's like the earth just closed over the top of her.

Does anyone local know if the no-contact agreement is up soon between SC and his boys?

Not to show my snarky side but NO. Snark towards our big "social media campaign" that's not going on that TPD said would be the source of info. Oops, they forgot to feed info...

Wait....handcuffed? Prison? Juvie? They are children. They are probably both still in elementary school. They do stupid things at that age because their brains are not fully developed. They would probably just get a lecture if they prank called 911 about anything else, but because it caused LE to send 25 officers to their house, two little girls will be made an example of. Don't worry Tucson, LE can't find out what happened to Isabel, but you can sleep soundly tonight knowing the 9 and 11-year-old are behind bars.

Well now you know:

- Isa's disappearance is well known and documented all over the area of Tucson and AZ, to the point that young girls know of the missing child.

- 25 officers responded, and you may properly assume some number of them are working on Isa's case.

So in summary, no one has given up or forgotten Isa Celis.

However, as far as I know, asking a missing person on a forum "where are you?" has never netted the person answering back, "why here I am!" (unless one is hearing voices in their head perhaps).

Well now you know:

- Isa's disappearance is well known and documented all over the area of Tucson and AZ, to the point that young girls know of the missing child.

- 25 officers responded, and you may properly assume some number of them are working on Isa's case.

However, as far as I know, asking a missing person on a forum "where are you?" has never netted the person answering back, "why here I am!" (unless one is hearing voices in their head perhaps).

I can't come to that same conclusion. Just because you are sent to find out whether a girl on the phone is Isabel doesn't mean you're working on the case. I would be surprised if 25 LEO are currently assigned to this case at this point.

I dont know. I was upset that these girls did this prank call. I dont know what should be done with them, but what they did was not right. I cant understand why they would do this. I know they were playing around, but to play with this case. If I was their parents I would be so embarrassed. When kids call 911 here to play around, the cops show up, and give the kids a talking to, and scare them kinda. But they took it too far with saying they were isabel. I dont know about handcuffing them, and putting them in juvie. Maybe they should just take them to juvie, show them around and scare them that way.

The Arizona Daily Star reports that the girls were taken to the Pima County juvenile jail. But officials say they did not meet the court's criteria for detention.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/isabel...es-for-Isabel-Celis-prank-call-163404896.html

well i have no idea what the appropriate measures are here. but if you google the address of the minors, it's in the same general area (southeast tucson) as the C's home. could the girls' know the younger brother? same school district maybe? was this a bullying tactic?

a stretch i know...but i'm not sure two kids would randomly make a 911 call off of a poster's information. it's beyond 'attention-getting-boredom'. kwim?

my mundane thought of the day. lol.

The Arizona Daily Star reports that the girls were taken to the Pima County juvenile jail. But officials say they did not meet the court's criteria for detention.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/isabel...es-for-Isabel-Celis-prank-call-163404896.html

well i have no idea what the appropriate measures are here. but if you google the address of the minors, it's in the same general area (southeast tucson) as the C's home. could the girls' know the younger brother? same school district maybe? was this a bullying tactic?

a stretch i know...but i'm not sure two kids would randomly make a 911 call off of a poster's information. it's beyond 'attention-getting-boredom'. kwim?

my mundane thought of the day. lol.

I am much more concerned with finding out all information about why they did this than punishing them. You should never underestimate what children might know either. We ran a flasher out of town in middle school years - I doubt any one of us told our parents about it.

I am much more concerned with finding out all information about why they did this than punishing them. You should never underestimate what children might know either. We ran a flasher out of town in middle school years - I doubt any one of us told our parents about it.

exactly my point...these kids are from the same neighborhood and most likely heard about the case far more than just seeing a flyer on a department store wall.

and, in those late elementary-school years, 911 is ingrained in their heads (at least it is in my corner of the country) as a life-saving measure. definitely not the usual 'prank call' that yes, kids do make. kwim?

what prompted them to do this? if it was sheer boredom, well...that's just downright pathetic. but was it something else? thoughts?

What prompts a 9 yr old and an 11 yr old to make a prank phone call?

Curiosity, wanting to do something new/different/daring, maybe they saw the reward $$$, maybe one dared the other, it doesn't mean something deep.

I remember making prank phone calls with a friend when we were about that age. Why? Because we were kids and kids do silly and stupid things. The phone had special and magical powers--the ability to dial some numbers and talk to someone else, even a stranger, was fun at that age. I would venture a guess that some significant number of kids do silly things like that, if not that exactly. Or at least did, when I was their age.

Well now you know:

Hi Madeleine, :wave: I appreciate your opinions. The above, RBBM, is considered a rhetorical question which requires and expects no logical answer.

"The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks. For example, "Why are you so stupid?" is likely to be a statement regarding one's opinion of the person addressed rather than a genuine request to know."

More at link: http://rhetoric.byu.edu/figures/R/rhetorical questions.htm

Thank you Unicorn. I know full well what a rhetorical question is. I also know that asking a rhetorical question overAndoverAndover, especially of a missing person, has never netted an answer to a rhetorical or non-rhetorical question by the person being asked.

Thank you Unicorn. I know full well what a rhetorical question is. I also know that asking a rhetorical question overAndoverAndover, especially of a missing person, has never netted an answer to a rhetorical or non-rhetorical question by the person being asked.

It's not supposed to net any answers.

exactly my point...these kids are from the same neighborhood and most likely heard about the case far more than just seeing a flyer on a department store wall.

and, in those late elementary-school years, 911 is ingrained in their heads (at least it is in my corner of the country) as a life-saving measure. definitely not the usual 'prank call' that yes, kids do make. kwim?

what prompted them to do this? if it was sheer boredom, well...that's just downright pathetic. but was it something else? thoughts?

Yeah, I agree. So, if it was sheer boredom fine, but perhaps someone said, You'll end up like IC. Or one of the brothers said something to prompt it. No hurt in exploring any of that instead of just dismissing it. We made prank calls too, but it was usually somethign that did have some humor involved. I doun't think you can automatically explain it as 'they just thought this would be funny', but could be.

Has a P.I. been hired yet? Or even contacted to find out their rates?

Is Isa really "missing" or do her parents know right where she is and this whole thing, as some have alleged, is some kind of scam? What exactly is being grieved...Isa's parents don't seem too upset and if they're not upset then maybe there's nothing to be upset about. They don't appear to be grieving either.

Right now I'm grieving for the victims in CO. I at least know they are victims of something real. I don't know what to think in Isa's case and at this point I'm not even sure she is gone.

However, with 25 officers responding to a call, we know that some number greater than 0 officers is still on the case. No, probably not all 25 or even those particular 25, but some number of LE, yes.

Has a P.I. been hired yet? Or even contacted to find out their rates?

Is Isa really "missing" or do her parents know right where she is and this whole thing, as some have alleged, is some kind of scam? What exactly is being grieved...Isa's parents don't seem too upset and if they're not upset then maybe there's nothing to be upset about. They don't appear to be grieving either.

Right now I'm grieving for the victims in CO. I at least know they are victims of something real. I don't know what to think in Isa's case and at this point I'm not even sure she is gone.

You do?

Right now NO ONE knows what has happened to Elizabeth and Lyric.

They are just GONE.

If you "know" something LE doesn't, I suggest you call them and tell them. They've just done a presser saying pretty much that they have NO IDEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23