AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just fyi, i've been 'thanking' certain posts and it doesn't show up. all you have to do is click 'thanks', right?

grrr.

It is interesting to note that there have been NO warnings issued by Tuscon LE...no "be on the lookout", no information requested from the public in regards to strange vehicles, or strange faces. Often they will request someone or other get in touch if they suspect that person to be a witness, but there has been ZERO appeals for information, or warnings about a child abductor.

LE has asked citizens to be on the lookout
LE has asked for information from the public in regards to strange vehicles and strangers
LE has asked all of Tucson to get in touch with any information

It simply is false that there have been zero appeals for information.

As of May 14th, 1600 neighbors had been questioned at home!
Chief Villaseñor: "Don't read too much into this" - KGUN9.com
www.kgun9.com/news/local/151452075.html
"More than 1600 surveys have been canvassed in the neighborhood. On Friday, Tucson Police told the media ..."

Here is the NINE PAGE questionairre
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...pdf_bad3c29e-8f39-11e1-ac11-0019bb2963f4.html

In addition to the massive neighborhood questioning and appeals for information, every LE presser called for information.

On May 21th TPD created a shorter flyer for anyone visiting or having business in the general area.

"In a continuing effort to utilize all investigative methods of acquiring information regarding the investigation of missing
6-year old, Isabel Celis, personnel from the Tucson Police Department will be distributing a new flyer"
[snipped for space]
" encouraging
citizens to review it fully and answer any of the questions that they may be able to answer as soon as possible."

Roberto A. Villaseñor
Chief of Police

"1. Did you observe anything that struck you as unusual or out of the ordinary at anytime prior to the incident or since
the incident?
2. Were there any delivery people or solicitors in your area two weeks prior to this incident or since the incident?
3. Has there been any construction in your area prior to or since the incident?
4. Were there any yard sales, parties or other large gatherings prior to the incident?
5. Did you notice any unusual vehicles or vehicles that you did not recognize in your area prior to the incident?
6. Do you have surveillance cameras in use at your home?
7. Do you know if any of your neighbors have surveillance cameras in use?"

http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/files/police/media-releases/public_assistance_-_celis_flyer.pdf

LE has gone great lengths to ask for the public's help in this case.
LE is still working on this.
Cases like this are not easily solved.
I personally am not in the habit of using the lack of evidence as evidence. I am confident LE is not in that habit either.

good question. and we're coming up on 90 days.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing-Tucson-girls-mother-opens-new-search-center-162437166.html

"Celis did not mention her husband, Sergio, who agreed to a request by authorities to keep away from the couple's other children.

No explanation for that request has ever been made, and Sergio Celis is neither a person of interest, nor a suspect in his daughter's disappearance."

Hmmm ... is this new? Cause I thought both the parents would be considered persons of interest in this case?

the next event, paper our streets, has been moved to august 3rd.

august? IMO it's creepy how far out the calendar goes. JMO.

http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis

I hear you. I remember in the very early days of the Madeline McCann case & the events were scheduled out stretching 6 months at least. I thought WTF!!!! Aug. 3rd doesn't sound so bad in relation, but everyone in town surely knows...papering the streets? I wish TES or Class Kids would be invited in...hell I will settle for psychics at this point. Papering...???

Hmmm ... is this new? Cause I thought both the parents would be considered persons of interest in this case?

My thoughts exactly . . so . . . . is RC a "person of interest"?

No one has been named official POIs in this case, so I don't think the media can claim they are.

Bumping for Isabel.

You're still in our thoughts and prayers, Isa.

I hear you. I remember in the very early days of the Madeline McCann case & the events were scheduled out stretching 6 months at least. I thought WTF!!!! Aug. 3rd doesn't sound so bad in relation, but everyone in town surely knows...papering the streets? I wish TES or Class Kids would be invited in...hell I will settle for psychics at this point. Papering...???

Papering ended a month ago. I don't care what the FB page(s) say.

I don't understand why they don't organize something specific. When my cat was missing a while back, I put up ads on craigslist and contacted the shelters - you can fill out official forms and it ends up being placed online. But after 5 days and no response I printed out postcards and mailed them to every house within a certain radius (you can look up the addresses by using online maps). The day the postcards were received my cat reappeared at my door. I'm not saying someone would let Isabelle out of their garage or house (what I assume happened with my cat), but targeting every individual household may increase awareness. Then you move your radius out or to another neighborhood. It's not that expensive and you might reach someone you otherwise wouldn't (with posters).

There could be a lot of possible strategies and I'm not saying this is best, but I really don't understand people doing the same things over and over and NOT doing anything else or changing some strategies.

It makes me feel so sad that the postings here have dwindled down to near nothing the last couple of days.

I know we've talked about every discernible fact, clue and theory a hundred times and there's really not much more we can gin up to post about.

If we, who have such a care for Isa and missing children, are having trouble keeping this thread active ~ then I imagine the general publics' interest is probably waning.

I hope my barometer is wrong.

Where are you, sweet Isabel?

It makes me feel so sad that the postings here have dwindled down to near nothing the last couple of days.

I know we've talked about every discernible fact, clue and theory a hundred times and there's really not much more we can gin up to post about.

If we, who have such a care for Isa and missing children, are having trouble keeping this thread active ~ then I imagine the general publics' interest is probably waning.

I hope my barometer is wrong.

Where are you, sweet Isabel?

That's the problem with most unsolved cases on here. There is never enough information to sustain a discussion for months or even years.

Updated: Jul 22, 2012 6:09 PM EDT

Teenage girls arrested; claimed they were Isabel Celis
Tucson Police say on Sunday morning they received a 911 call from a young female claiming to be Isabel Celis.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...med-they-were-isabel-celis?utm_medium=twitter

An 11-year-old girl and her 9-year-old sister were booked on suspicion of making a false report to police after one of them called 911 claiming to be a Tucson girl who has been missing for the last three months.

Authorities say 25 officers responded to the call

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-reporting-in-isabel-celis-case#ixzz21OyWvkA1

wow.

An 11-year-old girl and her 9-year-old sister were booked on suspicion of making a false report to police after one of them called 911 claiming to be a Tucson girl who has been missing for the last three months.

Authorities say 25 officers responded to the call

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-reporting-in-isabel-celis-case#ixzz21OyWvkA1

wow.

It's weird they even got the idea to do that. UGH. Is her poster up nearby or what - just doesn't seem they'd remember her full name. Oh, well. I do hope they are questioned about that and, just in case, LE takes a look around.

Dumb bunnies. I'm actually surprised they took them to juvvie rather than a paper arrest. Sending a message no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae