AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to amount of $$$ spent, some citizens of the area balk at large numbers, others think no amount spent can ever be enough. Tax dollars funding police departments, so the constituents want to know how much something costs so they can either complain (too much / not enough) or I suppose be satisfied (nahhh...that rarely happens).

Still hoping that there will be some happy ending, against all odds.

The Confiteor (modern version)
I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; and I ask the blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God. Amen.

The "old" Confiteor
One of the phrases in Latin from the old liturgy that survived in literary writing, at least, was “mea culpa”, which means “my fault”. In the old Confiteor, this was said three times: “Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. This declaration of guilt was accompanied by the movement of hitting the breast with the right fist. The gesture communicated acknowledgement of guilt and symbolic penance.

The Confiteor (modern version)
I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; and I ask the blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God. Amen.

The "old" Confiteor
One of the phrases in Latin from the old liturgy that survived in literary writing, at least, was “mea culpa”, which means “my fault”. In the old Confiteor, this was said three times: “Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. This declaration of guilt was accompanied by the movement of hitting the breast with the right fist. The gesture communicated acknowledgement of guilt and symbolic penance.

Oh yes, the sacraments and Confession is one of them.

"Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault" I suppose is the Latin to english translation......(as you hit the breast with your closed fist ) mea culpa.

Also done on 3 phrases in Hail Holy Queen which is often said as part of the rosary:

O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

~fwiw/jmo~

Balloons. Donuts. Redecorating her room.

I want to punch my fist through a wall.

Where are you, Isa? Why won't they look for you? You should be opening presents and eating cake. :(

She should have been celebrating and instead of redecorating her room, they should be out hitting the pavement actually SEARCHING for their daughter. I was sure that Ralph and Lena Lunsford were the only parents who could go on without ever searching for their daughter, well I was wrong.

She should have been celebrating and instead of redecorating her room, they should be out hitting the pavement actually SEARCHING for their daughter. I was sure that Ralph and Lena Lunsford were the only parents who could go on without ever searching for their daughter, well I was wrong.

At the very least, Isabel's parents should have implored those who "abducted" their daughter to have compassion for the little girl and her family and allow her come home. Becky and Sergio made no such plea for their daughter's safety and/or return. Why not?

Yes, I remember Isabel daily in my thoughts and prayers, but I also hope and pray that those who are responsible for her "disappearance" will tell the truth about what really happened to this lovely child whom I believe is dancing and singing with the angels. :moo:

RC seems to be giving the most "tells," especially with her latest comment that Isa will not be home for her Bday. There's only one way she could know this.

At the very least, Isabel's parents should have implored those who "abducted" their daughter to have compassion for the little girl and her family and allow her come home. Becky and Sergio made no such plea for their daughter's safety and/or return. Why not?

Sergio actually did make an impassioned plea to the "abductors" to have compassion and release Isabel. Interesting family dynamic in play.

Watch Here:

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/240196/new-video-landing-page?clipId=7660407&autostart=true

Sergio actually did make an impassioned plea to the "abductors" to have compassion and release Isabel. Interesting family dynamic in play.

Watch Here:

I haven't watched any recent interviews with the family - I only read the articles linked here. The Celis' are so uncomfortable doing media appearances; I get a creepy feeling just watching them. I watched your linked video and couldn't help noticing that the older boy seems suspicious of his dad and looks like he isn't buying a word Dad says. :moo:

I don't understand the big smiles coming from a Mother about a birthday for her missing daughter. Where is the grief that Isa isn't there for her party, and why all the celebration anyway? The whole presentation just doesn't feel natural to me, at all. Emotions are NOT appropriate/typical/expected.

I watched the video yesterday but just had a second view. I had to STOP it way before it was over. My heart sinks.

(I do not follow this case closely, fwiw)

~jmo~

I haven't watched any recent interviews with the family - I only read the articles linked here. The Celis' are so uncomfortable doing media appearances; I get a creepy feeling just watching them. I watched your linked video and couldn't help noticing that the older boy seems suspicious of his dad and looks like he isn't buying a word Dad says. :moo:

IMO, both boys displayed some rather odd facial expressions and gestures throughout that video. Setting aside the mea culpa, mea culpa... from the eldest. Dad is still too theatrical for me to stomach, and Mom's affect was terribly odd as per usual. Although I do feel that her weepiness was sincere. FWIW.

I think maybe just one might be holding all the rest of the family up right now. I've been there & it's an extremely heavy burden even for a day, don't do it. Let things fall where they may. jmo

At least one of the Celis boys knows what happened to Isabel - who took her, who hurt her, or whatever occurred in the family home the night that the little girl went missing. I can't imagine any young person being expected to carry this burden for the rest of their lives without wanting or needing to talk about it. I sincerely hope that Isabel's brothers have not been bullied or threatened into not talking about the incident that led to their sister's disappearance. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsGriss