AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The plan is to ignite a world-wide prayer chain.

Famous SC quote from May: "With the exception of 9 11, I cannot remember a worldwide chain of prayer that has been so significant."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

This is all about donations. The more prayers that get posted on FB, the more shares and the more potential donations.

BTW, that interview from May is chilling. In it the parents again state that they are "not allowed" to discuss the results of their polygrapghs. TPD called them out on that and said they were free to say whatever they wanted about them. And of course, they repeated that line of bull on the Katie Show last week.

It's their way of avoiding answering the question 'cause the answer is, erm, not good.

You said it all!!! The more prayers on FB, the more likes, (especially around the holidays,) the BIGGER the donations to their "cause." I am still wondering exactly WHAT their cause is. IMO they have failed to tell the truth from day one.

The plan is to ignite a world-wide prayer chain.

Famous SC quote from May: "With the exception of 9 11, I cannot remember a worldwide chain of prayer that has been so significant."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

This is all about donations. The more prayers that get posted on FB, the more shares and the more potential donations.

BTW, that interview from May is chilling. In it the parents again state that they are "not allowed" to discuss the results of their polygrapghs. TPD called them out on that and said they were free to say whatever they wanted about them. And of course, they repeated that line of bull on the Katie Show last week.

It's their way of avoiding answering the question 'cause the answer is, erm, not good.

Couric should have caught them on that.

She's supposed to be an interviewer and she missed a golden opportunity to challenge their bs.

:pullhair:

Couric should have caught them on that.

She's supposed to be an interviewer and she missed a golden opportunity to challenge their bs.

:pullhair:

I agree, I don't think she did enough research on the case. Seems like she only knew of the very basic info. There were several things I was hoping she would ask but didnt. However her actions and facial features towards them seemed much different then the other families. I think Katie has suspicions of them as well.

Katie Couric's show is a nice little talk show, nothing hard hitting or confrontational. Nothing journalistic to it.
The Celis' obvious goal is to not be arrested and prosecuted for what happened or what one of them did to Isa. If that hasn't been clear from earlier it should be by now. She's not alive and hasn't been since the night she was removed from her home, IMO.

I do believe the actions of the family scream loudly "Wrong move!" over and over again. Praying is good but you gotta have a plan gosh darnit. Where's the plan? What's the plan?

It's not like TPD or FBI told them to keep quiet...

I'm actually becoming offended each time I hear Becky and/or Sergio ask the public for prayers that Isabel will be returned to them. I have a difficult time believing that these parents don't know what happened to their daughter and that there's a strong possibility that Isabel isn't alive and, therefore, won't be coming home.

The Celis' continue to appear on talk shows for which they likely receive travel expenses and stipends for photos/video, and they might also be getting donations on the various websites that request them. They ask the public for prayers, but I see them doing nothing to help find their daughter because they probably know what happened to her. If I pray for anything in this case, it's for the truth to be told by whoever knows what happened to Isabel. :moo:

I'm actually becoming offended each time I hear Becky and/or Sergio ask the public for prayers that Isabel will be returned to them. I have a difficult time believing that these parents don't know what happened to their daughter and that there's a strong possibility that Isabel isn't alive and, therefore, won't be coming home.

The Celis' continue to appear on talk shows for which they likely receive travel expenses and stipends for photos/video, and they might also be getting donations on the various websites that request them. They ask the public for prayers, but I see them doing nothing to help find their daughter because they probably know what happened to her. If I pray for anything in this case, it's for the truth to be told by whoever knows what happened to Isabel. :moo:

I will add "my prayers" with yours, because all I honestly want to know is the truth. I believe that both parents if not involved, would be doing FAR MORE than the "talk show circuit."

What really angers me about parents like the Celis' and Ralph and Lena Lunsford, is when a child REALLY is missing, and those parents NEED not ONLY the prayers but the support of not only their community but also the support of the entire country, some of us---(like me)....become jaded-and wonder if the parents aren't in some way involved.

And the only ones this hurts is the child that IS really taken by an unknown monster...

**hops down from my soapbox."

Hey Joe! LTNS!
Prayers-Scmayers. This is all smoke 'n mirrors. IMO blahetc.

There are a lot of cases where I believe the parent(s) are guilty yet stop talking to the media after a few weeks. Some people believe it's because they want the case to fade away and be forgotten...But I wonder if it's because they have a difficult time getting on national TV when the case is months old with no new developments? It is hard for me to believe that people who kill their child are turning down $$ for simply answering a few soft questions. As others have mentioned, by going on TV, it brings more attention to the case which means more donations. I honestly don't think that these families are making that much money from selling pictures of their child, but they are all middle class, and even a few grand can make a big difference to them.

Obviously, they could do crazy things to keep the media interested, but what I am basically saying is I don't think the Celises can just make a phone call and be on national TV the next day. And I do think that if a lot of these parents had the privilege of going on TV whenever they wanted (and pocketing some $$), we would hear from them a lot more often. I don't think any of them are turning down thousands of dollars. After all, we don't see protests, controversy, or outrage generated from the Katie interview so it's not like talking to the media means the entire country is going to form a giant mob against you, especially when the case isn't recent and hot anymore.

IF a parent has killed a child, they didn't do it so they can make money from the media. It might be an accident or it might be intentional, but generally-speaking, they didn't do it for money and they certainly don't want to be caught as being the perp and then go to jail. Everything they say can come back and be used against them legally. All media appearances, all statements, everything. Double-edged sword.

The monies given by the media are to pay for flights, hotel, and expenses related to giving the interviews. The media might, if the case is big enough, pay for the use of pictures and video (ala what was done in the Caylee Anthony case), but that's not a guarantee.

Parents who are innocent will do anything to get their child back (or found). Work with police, work with the FBI, do whatever LE suggests, etc. The actions of these parents do not follow the established patterns we've seen with other parents of missing kids.

Hmmmmm......

IF a parent has killed a child, they didn't do it so they can make money from the media. It might be an accident or it might be intentional, but generally-speaking, they didn't do it for money and they certainly don't want to be caught as being the perp and then go to jail. Everything they say can come back and be used against them legally. All media appearances, all statements, everything. Double-edged sword.

The monies given by the media are to pay for flights, hotel, and expenses related to giving the interviews. The media might, if the case is big enough, pay for the use of pictures and video (ala what was done in the Caylee Anthony case), but that's not a guarantee.

Parents who are innocent will do anything to get their child back (or found). Work with police, work with the FBI, do whatever LE suggests, etc. The actions of these parents do not follow the established patterns we've seen with other parents of missing kids.

Hmmmmm......

I am not claiming that these parents killed their children to make money. But anyone who kills a child does not have the best moral complex, and I don't think they would have much of a problem with making some $$ from it.

As for who gets paid for pictures, and who doesn't: Where's the dividing line between a case like the Anthonys and one where the parents don't make any money? Guilty parents have nothing to lose if they request the media pay for pictures or videos. People go crazy when they get a bit of attention, and I could definitely see how guilty parents would tell the media they want $$ for a video of their child. A few thousand grand is chump change to the media, and everyone is looking for even a slight increase in ratings. They are not so much paying for pictures or videos, as they are paying for an interview. If GMA wants an interview, how are they going to get their parents on the show instead of Today or The Early Show?

Although, there are many media outlets, so do they all pay for their "own" pictures and videos? How does that even work? This has to be the most taboo subject. Although, I'm guessing that most media outlets are owned by a very small number of mega corporations.

I think part of the media works due to COPPA laws. I can't see any MSM outlet obtaining pictures without a parents consent, if under the age of 13 at least. It's been a while since I've read the law but you just can't use the childs picture without proper consent from the parent. That's my understanding at least. If it's hot news, they will pay or someone will. jmo

I think part of the media works due to COPPA laws. I can't see any MSM outlet obtaining pictures without a parents consent, if under the age of 13 at least. It's been a while since I've read the law but you just can't use the childs picture without proper consent from the parent. That's my understanding at least. If it's hot news, they will pay or someone will. jmo

How do you explain paparazzi pictures of the children of celebrities, then?

I live in Tucson and I'm bewildered daily by the fact that a child in our community has disappeared and no one seems to care. Obviously, that's a generality, but the local media has done a laughably bad job. They're not asking the hard questions. They're taking what everyone says at face value. It's ridiculous! Case in point - who is demanding the case file be made public? Aren't we at the point where it's supposed to be? It's never once come up. Has no one asked for it? Filed a FOI request? Gone to the police station and demanded answers on camera? It wouldn't take much to pressure the police or, hell, even the parents into talking - and NO ONE is doing it.

Eileen, I just know if a parent has pictures of their own child under 13 years old oon their facebook or somewhere, you better ask for permission legally from the parent to use them. At least that was explained a couple of years ago to me. Now taking a picture in a public place like the paparazzi do, you'd have to read up on that.

Yes, our news is something isn't it? I was told that TNN did have FIO request filed months ago.

Here's an article from yesterday about Isabel's search. I wonder what the "other things" are?

No sign of Isabel, but family is hopeful

snipped

"I wish I could give you that there's some big break, but there isn't. The status hasn't really changed," said Tucson Police Department Chief Roberto Villaseñor. "There's other things going on that I'm not privileged to talk about yet, but nothing that has brought forward anything to cause me to say that we're close to a big break in this case at this point."

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here's an article from yesterday about Isabel's search. I wonder what the "other things" are?

snipped

"I wish I could give you that there's some big break, but there isn't. The status hasn't really changed," said Tucson Police Department Chief Roberto Villaseñor. "There's other things going on that I'm not privileged to talk about yet, but nothing that has brought forward anything to cause me to say that we're close to a big break in this case at this point."

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The article states that the family is "critical of the department's handling of the case" and are working with Find Me, "a Phoenix-based group which consists of retired law enforcement officers, psychics, canines and search-and-rescue teams that help in the search for missing people or homicide victims."

Here's their web site:

http://www.findme2.com/

Unfortunately, as listed on the web site, out of the 38 Members, all 38 are psychics of one sort or another. Don't see any law enforcement personnel at all except for the founder, who lists an LE background but who is also a psychic.

Oh, and I almost forgot: they're also trying to raise $1 million dollars.

Don't see any law enforcement personnel at all except for the founder, who lists an LE background but who is also a psychic.

Oh, and I almost forgot: they're also trying to raise $1 million dollars.

Snipped because I'm a jerk. LOL.

I'm also looking for $1 million. Puleeeeze. Doesn't strike me as a prudent affiliation for the family. The press here in Tucson is comprised of parttime interns with FTP access, I'm convinced. So frustrating. :/

Snipped because I'm a jerk. LOL.

I'm also looking for $1 million. Puleeeeze. Doesn't strike me as a prudent affiliation for the family. The press here in Tucson is comprised of parttime interns with FTP access, I'm convinced. So frustrating. :/

I agree, 38 psychics does not sound like a prudent affiliation, but the title might work for a band or a Hollywood movie, lol.

38 psychics helping them. Oh rest assured that really raises my faith in them. cough.

PI's and psychics...I've been here before.

Caylee Anthony's case, Haleigh Cummings case and more...shaking my head over the one million though.

I'd settle for one "psychic" finding a missing person, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence