AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you on this. There is the desert strip along the side of DM Air Force Base but, com'on, you'd have to be stupid to dump remains in a well travelled/patrolled area. Also to the west there is desert but you then get into the border patrol stations, but again, it'd be hard to believe someone was that stupid.

If we honestly believe it's the sketchy relative that bounced town I'd argue that these are the three possible areas that he would head. First, he was staying at an apartment on Pantano and Broadway. Pantano is exactly 3.1 miles from the victims home, or a 6 minute drive. If he took her, his motive must have been molestation, and many have argued that that began when he was staying with the family months earlier. In most case of molestation (1), the victim is kept alive and molested at a further location. He most likely would not have returned to the apartment he was staying (the friend who stayed there went on the News and said quiet convincingly that he knew nothing about her disappearance), but my argument would be that he would drive back that way, it's convenient (he would stay there later that night) and also comfortable due to habit, much like a child and a security blanket. All of this leads me to the first location; The End of Broadway. 8.9 miles or 15 minutes for the victims home. That means he would drive back the way he came and quite under the radar the whole route. There is little to no lights after you pass Pantano. It's been awhile, but i believe that the Camino Seco intersection would be the only worry with a couple banks and a McDonalds. The problem with The End of Broadway idea is the hiking trails that people begin on very early. It still is the best location and most plausible for a local that went to Sahuaro and Santa Rita. My second location is The End of Swan. I believe "Gunslinging Granny" posted a photo of this area in a link and the news mention Swan a few times. I have major reserves with this area, as it points away from the relative's guilt. This is a well to do area. Lots of nice estates, and private security. There are some nooks and crannies though, IF you know the area well. It's about the same distance as The End of Broadway, 9 miles for 15-18 minutes drive. The last and most believable would be the Houghton Strip. Let me tell you. It's known for its crime because once you get out there at night it's vanta black. You can't see your hand in front of your face. In '94-'95 three men were shot in the head over a drug deal gone bad just a few miles before Rita Ranch on Houghton. This distance is about 12 miles or 20 minutes. It's "Remote" as described in the news reports. It'll be interesting when/if they ever release the location information. Sorry for the length, can't sleep...

(1) https://www.doc.state.mn.us/pages/files/4313/8695/0043/05-09Characteristics_newlogo.pdf

Detectives obviously followed GPS phone pings after triangulating signals. That's why they would search in specific areas during the initial weeks of the investigation.

Just catching up on all the posts. Thank you to the TPD who finally found her. She can now rest in peace.

I also believe TPD pretty much has a suspect under close inspection.

Is there still a reward being offered? If so, wonder how it's written? Meaning, for info leading to recovery, or ?... I can't think, too early for my grey cells to fire appropriately yet here.

Need :coffeews:

IMHOO some serious karma could be fixin to hit, or at least I hope so.
RIP sweet Isa.

I felt in my heart this day would eventually come but I have mixed emotions. I am so thankful little Isa's remains have finally been found, but so sad to know this beautiful child can no longer light up the world with her sweet loving bright smile...
because evil came, and took all of that away from her.:(

I am hoping the one who called in the tip to the location is talking with police about who did this to Isa. Iirc, the TPD was able to lift fingerprints off of the window sill but whoever left them there must have not been in any data bank.

I felt all along from the beginning of this case that Isa was abducted from her home to be sexually assaulted and then murdered to silence her.:( That is still my opinion today. She was most likely sexually assault and killed in a few short hours after the abduction like most little victims her age.

I hope now the police will have enough probable cause to arrest the suspect. Often in cold cases like this one someone will know something for years but they are too fearful to tell what they know at the time. Then something will happen to the relationship between the two and once separated from the perp they will then come forward. Hopefully this will be the case here as well.

My prayers are with the Celis parents and all who love Isa. May Isa rest in peace.

IMO

I'm sitting here with my heart in my throat, feeling torn with the sadness that she is officially gone, and the joy that she has been found and there may be justice coming for her. It's such an odd feeling, one I just felt for Aleah, and now again for sweet little Isa.

I am hopeful that the fact LE said finding her was not happenstance means that they have something to work with.

Praying for an arrest soon.

Rest in peace, beautiful girl.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That may be another case. Isabel's remains were found 8 weeks ago (the end of January). A hunter found the bones, in the March 1st link, so it was "happenstance", unlike how Isabel's remains were found. It's really odd that the police didn't tell the media or Isabel's parents (who would have told their family and the media would have likely heard).

Not sure if anyone has replied to this but Isabel's remains were found "earlier this month" according to Police Chief Chris Magnus in the presser. So not in January.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...31/missing-tucson-girl-isabel-celis/99888614/

I've followed this case, but didn't really contribute to the theories. I was relieved when I saw in the breaking news at the top of the page that a body had finally been identified. That relief was all gone when I went to the first page and saw the photo of Isabel with that smile and realized that beauty is gone. I cannot comprehend how a human can intentionally destroy such beauty in this world. "Evil" is definitely the word that comes to mind over and over. I can't even begin to imagine how those closest to her are coping with this loss.

Does anyone know the time of the 911 call? TIA

This link says the 911 call was made at 8:14 am.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/35044333/investigation-into-isabel-celis-disappearance

The case involving Isabel Mercedes Celis, who was six-years-old when she disappeared, began the morning of April 21, 2012. Her family said they realized she was not in her bedroom that morning. Sergio Celis, Isa's father, called 911 at 8:14 a.m. to report her missing.

Tucson Police officers swarmed the family's home in the 5700 block of E. 12th St., near Broadway Blvd. and Craycroft Rd. They then widened their search, canvassing a three-mile radius.

Families, couples and even people on their own came to the home where Isabel Celis went missing from five years ago.

They offered prayers and put up balloons all to offer their support to the family.

Desiree Rodriguez and her children were there to pray.

Isabel's abduction and now death have struck a nerve with Desiree's son Isaiah Salazar.

"My mom, when she gets the mail and looks at the stuff with the kids that are missing, it just hurts me and I break down and cry," Isaiah said.

He offered a prayer of his own at the doorstep of the Celis home, that is now for sale. Isaiah says he just wants peace.

"I just want people to feel like they're okay. I don't want stuff missing, people missing," he added.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/community-reacts-to-news-about-isabel-celis-remains

Many people in the Tucson community are mourning the loss of Isabel Celis after her remains were positively identified.

Her disappearance nearly five years ago made national headlines and concerned many local Tucsonans.

Parents of little league teams practicing at Freedom Park were surprised and saddened by the news.

Freedom Park was the last public place Isabel Celis was seen.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/35046604/tucson-community-saddened-by-remains-of-isabel-celis

There's a growing memorial at the front gate of the Celis home in Tucson.

The home, near Broadway and Craycroft, is the last place Isabel Celis was seen alive.

Friday night, mere hours after authorities announced they've recovered Isabel's remains, people began leaving purple balloons and flowers.

A neighbor who lives a few houses down said he remembers that chilling morning, April 21, 2012, went Isabel went missing and her brother came to their home in a panic.

“I said what do you mean your sister is missing?," David Pike said. "So, I walked down to the sidewalk and he said 'we can’t find her. She’s not in bed, she’s not in her room.'"

Pike has kept Isabel’s missing person poster taped to the front door of his home for the past five years. He said his grandchildren are now the same age as Isabel was when she was abducted.

He said he remembers how scary it was as she just seemed to vanish from her home. Police went door to door, canvassing neighborhoods and searching for her at great lengths.

Pike said he was devastated when he heard the news that her remains had been found in a rural area of Pima County.

news video at link:

https://news.google.com/news/story?...l&ncl=dA2336DJrWVufNMW16-ETtX4go8kM&scoring=n

I have been away awhile but when I saw this I had to come back. This case has bothered me from the start. I am glad there is an answer to what happened to her but sad this is the result. Praying they get the %##$$%##@ responsible.

Wow.

After all this time..

Rest in peace.

No I hope they find the who and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics