AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family has been the ones pushing the "uncooperative relative" angle all along. They'll keep that agenda going, I'm sure. I think he was uncooperative because he knows what happened, not because he was the one who did it. I think he was trying to keep a family together. Severely misplaced loyalty.
I remember that he was cooperative with the police, but wouldn't give interviews to news agencies or the private detective Isabel's parents hired. He told news agencies and the private detective to talk to his attorney.

I'm actually glad to read that her body was not found by happenstance, gives me lots of encouragement that there will be an arrest very soon. I remember seeing pics of a certain family member 4-wheeling, also I believe he owned a jeep. I will be anxiously waiting to hear about an arrest. Also I suspect that Isabel's parents had been made aware that a body was found and that it may be Isa's, I'm sure they were not kept in the dark until now.

"He said the department followed up on more than 2,200 leads in the case and that they will continue the investigation to locate anyone connected to the girl's death."

"Magnus said the department received a tip, which lead to the discovery of the remains."
http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/tucson-police-remains-of-isabel-celis-have-been-recovered/article_49b376f4-1657-11e7-800c-6fd5c7088d1f.html

:desert:
Received a tip, interesting...??
So glad Isa is finally found. Now let's bring her home and find who murdered this sweet little girl.
I know it's early yet, but I want this solved...NOW!
:pullhair:
Isa deserves her story to be told.

The Celis's home was put up for sale 37 days ago. I do NOT believe her parents are guilty but interesting timing.

The body remains were found earlier this month. The date wasn't told. Perhaps parents knew it was Isa's remains. .

I am trying to make my way through the posts here;

how far away was little Isabel found from her home (does anyone know)?

Remote area in Pima County. They won't say exact location.

I am trying to make my way through the posts here;

how far away was little Isabel found from her home (does anyone know)?
There's a map of Pima County here http://www.pima.gov/procure/about/images/pimacountyLG.jpg. The only part that wouldn't be considered "remote" and "rural" is the area right around Tucson. We don't know where she was, but this gives you an idea of how vast the possibilities are. This is why they needed something beyond "happenstance" to find her.

The map is from www.pima.gov. It automatically inserted the image instead of just the link.

So glad they finally found her remains so she can have a proper burial.

I knew she was deceased despite all the speculation about her hiding out in Mexico or being kidnapped by a drug cartel to be raised. The truth is often straightforward; she never left the state, and she wasn't kidnapped by a cartel or gunrunners.

The distance away from Tucson will be important. The further away and the more difficult to get to, the more likely it was an intruder--whether known to the family or not. In the dark, it would very difficult to kill her, get her to the parts of the county far from Tucson, and then return, clean up yourself from the horrible deeds of the night, make sure all evidence is cleaned up in the house and vehicle to the point that nothing is found for five years, "find her missing", and call the police. Not impossible, but tight. I don't see everyone sleeping through it. It couldn't be a one-person job, anyway.

In my opinion, the police know who took Isabella. The police have a private security company and a surveillance video as witnesses. As seen in the surveillance video, a private security company drove down the alley outside Isabella’s home at 2:36 am. This private company, for some reason, lit up the alley near the Celis’ home with their huge spotlights at 2:36 am. (They must have seen something odd occurring because they don't light up every alley or street.) Twenty-five minutes later (3:00 am), there are people showing interest in the trash bin near the Celis’ home. About an hour before the 911 call, the surveillance video shows a truck speeding around the corner and headed straight for the same trash bin, but what occurs with the trash bin can't be seen.

In the nearly 10 hours of footage, we never see any sign of Isabel. Even though it's from a distance (200 feet), we never see anybody outside her bedroom window either.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/31971686/newly-released-video-shows-celis-home-on-night-of-disappearance

In my opinion, the police know who took Isabella. The police have a private security company and a surveillance video as witnesses. As seen in the surveillance video, a private security company drove down the alley outside Isabella’s home at 2:36 am. This private company, for some reason, lit up the alley near the Celis’ home with their huge spotlights at 2:36 am. (They must have seen something odd occurring because they don't light up every alley or street.) Twenty-five minutes later (3:00 am), there are people showing interest in the trash bin near the Celis’ home. About an hour before the 911 call, the surveillance video shows a truck speeding around the corner and headed straight for the same trash bin, but what occurs with the trash bin can't be seen.

In the nearly 10 hours of footage, we never see any sign of Isabel. Even though it's from a distance (200 feet), we never see anybody outside her bedroom window either.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/31971686/newly-released-video-shows-celis-home-on-night-of-disappearance

So what took LE five years???

Remind me why a private security company was patrolling a residential alley in Tucson city limits? This wasn't a gated community right?

I'm actually glad to read that her body was not found by happenstance, gives me lots of encouragement that there will be an arrest very soon. I remember seeing pics of a certain family member 4-wheeling, also I believe he owned a jeep. I will be anxiously waiting to hear about an arrest. Also I suspect that Isabel's parents had been made aware that a body was found and that it may be Isa's, I'm sure they were not kept in the dark until now.
All that I was thinking and maybe a little :)

The Celis's home was put up for sale 37 days ago. I do NOT believe her parents are guilty but interesting timing.
Very interesting...perhaps when they were notified a child's body/remains were found. I wonder if she was kept alive for some time and when she was placed where found?

Thanks for the link, now I remember.

Anyone want to speculate the distance between the home and where Isabel's body was found?
The closest area I would call both "remote" and "rural" (rather than, say, remote and desert, or remote and federal park land) is out by Three Points or near one of the villages on the Tohono O'Odham Reservation. (See the map I posted earlier for an idea of distance.) I don't think she could have been closer than that and still fit the description. That's really relying on whether LE's interpretation of those words are the same as mine.

Also, remember that it's not just distance. Unless she was near I-10 or I-19, the route would be on state roads. These are usually 2-lane roads that wind through mountainous areas.

They weren't patrolling. They had an office overlooking the alley and a motion-activated camera. The video does show a vehicle almost hit a dumpster back there. I believe it only shows the front of the house.

http://m.tucsonnewsnow.com/tusconnewsnow/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:ngxDse0O
Watch the surveillance video. You can clearly see a van with spotlights light up a huge area of the alley near Isabella's home at 2:36 am. That van or truck belonged to a private security company according the article below.

I don't know why a private security van was in that alley, but the Celis' home was very close to the mall and other shops.

The surveillance video came from a camera located on the back of a business called Moore Security Solutions (not from the private security company's van or truck). Moore Security Solutions was located 200 feet from the back of the Celis' home.

Very interesting...perhaps when they were notified a child's body/remains were found. I wonder if she was kept alive for some time and when she was placed where found?
I have a very hard time believing, with the incredible media coverage this case got locally, that any perp would risk keeping her alive. This was no normal amber alert here, everyone was looking for this little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member