AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I guess that could be true for some people, but I hear "missing child, Arizona, near mexico border, Fast and Furious prime suspect has same last name" (notice-no mention of race) and I think that drugs/cartel might not be so far fetched. And this is the opinion of someone who lives in Tucson.
It's often floated as a theory, but the truth is, organised Drug Cartels have absolutely no interest in stealing children, as it means the focus of the FBI, local LE, State LE and two grieving parents.

Children are a "high risk" bargaining chip. They cry, they need food, they don't behave as expected, and they come with all sorts of Investigators looking under every rock for them.

Too much trouble. And for what? What can stealing someone's child in revenge achieve, that a bullet in the head can't, with a lot less fuss?

There has been no demand for ransom, so one can assume money is not the motive.

:cow:

Not trying to be difficult, but I believe that SUNchips was referring to something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than the suggestion that Isa could have been taken by "drug cartels" (she COULD have been, but it's unlikely). I believe there has been a LOT of debate and confusion here about this particular issue.

"Fast and Furious" (not the movie) was an operation of the U.S. Government that was either corrupt from conception, or corrupted during implementation, and has NOTHING to do with drugs. It relates to the illegal transfer of guns purchased in the US into Mexico, apparently WITH APPROVAL OF THE US GOVERNMENT, in order that guns SEIZED during raids and from cartels in Mexico would APPEAR to have been transferred across the border WITHOUT the cooperation of US authorities. The intent was to artificially inflate the number of such transfers. I believe there were fatalities of Americans, including Border Patrol agents, as a direct result of these guns being handed over to Mexican criminals. While these guns may have been funneled to drug cartels, that was NOT what it was "about". It was about the covert US operation to transfer firearms, and the exposure of same.

Google "Fast & Furious Celis" and see what pops up. The implication is that the "demands" of those holding Isa (if, in fact, it is related) might be more along the lines of encouraging, altering, or suppressing the testimony of some of the individuals involved in the F&F "scandal."

This brings up another unusual aspect of this case.

It appeare that the fund raisers and community support have stopped dead.

If you know of something happening right now, can you please share? Because I was under the impression that they aren't even pretending to search anymore.

TIA

There was a big prayer vigil just last month that I saw on fb. They've been saying for about a week that on Dec. 9 they are having a car wash by a mall to attract more people to look at fliers.
I even think the redecorating of the room was an attempt to keep her in the news.

There was a big prayer vigil just last month that I saw on fb. They've been saying for about a week that on Dec. 9 they are having a car wash by a mall to attract more people to look at fliers.
I even think the redecorating of the room was an attempt to keep her in the news.

Do you have any idea why the "Paper The Streets" day was cancelled?

:dunno:

Via facebook:
We are having an awareness car wash on Dec 9 from 10-3 hoping to attract mall goers, to look at our fliers and t-shirts. Anything to keep Isa's face out there!! It is going to be at D&H Air Conditioning and Heating on Prince and Oracle.
261590_4052775885783_890178218_n.jpg

Do you have any idea why the "Paper The Streets" day was cancelled?

:dunno:

Do you know what date that was? I remember they had a few. The only one I can remember, they said was rescheduled because the weather was gonna be real nasty and ruin all the fliers.

They also had pics on facebook of handing out fliers for Halloween.

I watched it. RC and SC make me sick to my stomach. I felt as every awnser was rehearsed. Sergio closing his eyes, seemed as if the "crying" was forced. Saying the polygraphs could not be discussed and that thy weren't even discussed with them seems odd to me. I have always felt at the very least SC was involved and I now more then ever think they were. I could very well be wrong, just my opinions.

Has it ever been confirmed the suspected blood belonged to Isabel? I am interested to read the sealed documents if they ever become public. Praying for sweet Isabel.

Saying the polygraphs could not be discussed and that thy weren't even discussed with them seems odd to me.
That's a lie. They certainly can discuss polygraphs, if they took them, and they would have been told the results. There is absolutely nothing precluding the Celis's from disclosing this information.

Which makes you wonder why they would lie about this.... could it be that one or both of them did not pass their polygraph tests and don't want the public to know? (LE will never disclose this info, btw.)

That's a lie. They certainly can discuss polygraphs, if they took them, and they would have been told the results. There is absolutely nothing precluding the Celis's from disclosing this information.

Which makes you wonder why they would lie about this.... could it be that one or both of them did not pass their polygraph tests and don't want the public to know? (LE will never disclose this info, btw.)

That's exactly what I thought too.

I just meant that it's possible this case could remain unsolved. I'm not saying it will, I'm just saying it could happen. It appears by what we can observe that LE has suspicions about SC but does not have enough evidence to make an arrest. We know LE has not cleared the family. Cases can and do stall out right there. It doesn't mean every case will, but this one could. It's possible.

And the parents aren't going to push it because if they are involved they don't want to go to jail. So yes, it will fade away at some point if it's not solved. Not completely, and not by everyone, but if a case isn't solved, it will fade.

I've been frustrated with the lack of progress in this case at times but have not lost hope that it can and will be solved. Right now, I'm disappointed that the search warrants remain sealed, but there must be a reason why TPD does not want this crucial information made public at this time.

OT: One of the reasons that I hold onto hope that Isabel's disappearance will not go unsolved is that a Detroit father was sentenced today in the felony murder of his 2-year-old daughter, Bianca Jones. A jury convicted D'Andre Lane in October despite the fact that her body has not been recovered. A Judge sentenced Lane to life in prison without parole and 30 years to be served concurrently for felony child abuse. I followed this case for the past year and was pleased with the outcome. I hope and pray that there will eventually be justice for Isabel Celis, too.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Praying for little Isa tonight. One day closer to find you sweetheart....hang on little one, we are looking hard!! :please:

Praying for little Isa tonight. One day closer to find you sweetheart....hang on little one, we are looking hard!! :please:

Who is looking hard? And where are they looking? LE is still investigating, but who else is out there and what are they doing?

Touche! IMO this is not an attempt to get Isabelle's name out there but rather a pathetic attempt to rehabilitate their images since many people suspect them of involvement.

Also, BTW, TPD already came out publicly once and said that they hadn't told these parents that they couldn't discuss the results of any lie detector tests. This was last spring when SC tried to say the same thing. I'm sure they were informed of the results and they weren't good, lol. For those who want to know what they are, just Google SC and lie detector tests - s'all out there.

At this point, it doesn't even matter - I don't need a machine to tell me who's lying now.

I really think SC is frustrated that his "world-wide prayer chain to rival 911" didn't gather as much steam as he wanted. Gotta stoke that fundraising engine and get people onto their social media pages to PRAY and GIVE...

Who is looking hard? And where are they looking? LE is still investigating, but who else is out there and what are they doing?

I simply meant "us" here at WS Madeline.....meaning we NEVER give up looking for lost children :) I understand your frustration. If my child was missing/lost I don't think I could sit still and would turn the world upside down looking for my baby!! :maddening:

I have not been following Isabel's case very much and I had not seen her parents interviewed on tv until today when I watched "Katie". As soon as the father started talking, my hinky meter went off. I kept thinking that there was something strange about him. The mother did seem very bewildered. I almost felt like the father knew what happened to their daughter but the mother did not. I felt like John Walsh even doubted their innocence! Something in JW's demeanor changed ever so slightly when the Celis parents came on.

Because they are deeply complicit! Nothing has changed except they finally had the gumption to appear and speak publicly. But they were as stutteringly inarticulate as usual. Because they cannot speak from true memory...they have to rely on their mistruths and keep their lies straight.

It was pretty bold of them to be on this show in the company of those other families.

Poor Isabel.

ETA: My impression was Katie didn't buy their story, either. Notice she didn't offer them any sympathy. Walsh probably wanted to jump out of his seat and choke these two.

I didn't watch the show as I was at work, but I think the reaction of someone who knows how to spot B.S., like John Walsh, should give a good indication. The likely cause of Isa "missing" is as a result of something that happened in her own home, by a member of her family. The police appear to suspect SC and I'm sure they have their reasons.

I've been frustrated with the lack of progress in this case at times but have not lost hope that it can and will be solved. Right now, I'm disappointed that the search warrants remain sealed, but there must be a reason why TPD does not want this crucial information made public at this time.

OT: One of the reasons that I hold onto hope that Isabel's disappearance will not go unsolved is that a Detroit father was sentenced today in the felony murder of his 2-year-old daughter, Bianca Jones. A jury convicted D'Andre Lane in October despite the fact that her body has not been recovered. A Judge sentenced Lane to life in prison without parole and 30 years to be served concurrently for felony child abuse. I followed this case for the past year and was pleased with the outcome. I hope and pray that there will eventually be justice for Isabel Celis, too.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Jerice Hunter is currently sitting in jail charged with murder in AZ. They have not found sweet little Jhessye's body either. GPD doesn't seem to have a smoking gun piece of evidence which shows Jerice murdered her child. It will be (IMO), a largely circumstantial case.

Come on TPD, let's see what you got. Release those documents!!!

Here is the show link. Sergio talks about the no contact order, kind-of ...
http://www.katiecouric.com/on-the-show/2012/12/03/vanished-gone-without-a-trace/

Someone asked what happened to the paper the streets event that was planned. I think that's about when everyone broke up meaning the facebook group & volunteers. RC went with a different group of people, I believe, and moved the command post. No one showed up at the event that were suppose to be sort of in charge if I recall... I also think it happened right after the vigil where SC showed up at after his banning from the boys.

Something changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member