AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, detectives never release information about their ongoing investigations like what DNA they might have found and who it matches. That usually only comes out in a trial when evidence is presented. There obviously isn't "enough" evidence to indict either parent or anyone else. That doesn't mean there is zero evidence, it means there isn't enough evidence at this time to satisfy a DA's requirement to move a case forward. Perhaps one day there will be enough evidence or perhaps there will never be enough. Lots of crimes never get legal resolution or justice.

I believe that Dad is responsible for Isa's disappearance, I go back and forth so much on Mom though, I think I just don't want to believe she knows anything, even thogh I know thats unlikely. I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts about her.

Sadly? At this point, I think we may never get the answers we seek. Or the justice Isabel deserves. From what I sense locally, it's a written-off tragedy.

Sadly? At this point, I think we may never get the answers we seek. Or the justice Isabel deserves. From what I sense locally, it's a written-off tragedy.

Seems to me the Tucson PD did a piss poor job with this one, other than the old caveat, "we can't release that", always the old mantra.

Don't they realize that human beings everywhere are invested emotionally when a child such as Isabelle goes missing without a trace?

You can't arrest anyone on rumors and guesses. There has to be enough evidence. There are many crimes where the police believe with confidence they know who committed a crime but they don't have enough evidence to prove it. And if a DA can't prove the allegation beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury, then they can't move forward with the case.

It doesn't necessarily mean that anyone botched an investigation. Some crimes are harder to solve because there's very little evidence. Inter-familial crimes are one such kind especially if you have spouses protecting each other or one protecting the other.

^^what madeleine said...

I think LE knows what happened, but doesn't have the evidence to prove it in court. I hope one day they convict the guilty. I think about Isabel frequently. I hope she's not somewhere suffering abuse.

No plea to whomever took her to bring her home or tell them what happened. Poor Isa.

Family of Isabel Celis hopes for Christmas miracle.
http://www.jrn.com/kgun9/news/Family-of-Isabel-Celis-hopes-for-Christmas-miracle-236975451.html
(can I say that I just want to smack dad?)

I may be proven wrong one day, but they still do not seem believable to me. It's something with their speech. Forced, yet halting, such a funky vibe. Kind of like when I am forced to say something I don't genuinely feel, KWIM? You struggle with the words because the emotion behind them is not real.

Seems to me the Tucson PD did a piss poor job with this one, other than the old caveat, "we can't release that", always the old mantra.

Don't they realize that human beings everywhere are invested emotionally when a child such as Isabelle goes missing without a trace?

Weighted against the desire to know details by the human beings everywhere who are invested emotionally, is the privacy of the people locally (including the family) who are invested emotionally as well. Alongside that privacy, is the security of the investigation.

In my own case, the release of information led to an internet witch hunt that was rife with libel, accusation, insult and idiocy. I weigh my own right to privacy above the curious minds of the general public. If the release of information can directly benefit the investigation (i.e. the parking lot surveillance video), then by all means that would trump my right to privacy. The same faux investigative journalist blogger that fabricated and misrepresented the information regarding me, has in the past prematurely released incorrect information about other cases that compromised investigations.

From what I've seen on the internet, any release of information is mostly twisted and misconstrued by most people to simply reinforce their existing ideas and suspicions. Websleuths is substantially more respectable in this regard than the rest of the internet community, but it is not immune.

The Celis family has been attacked by and large based simply on their demeanor in interviews and the general statement "I can't believe they aren't doing more". I can only assume that many people making that statement do not see them every day, do not know them, and are piecing that opinion together based on sparse information gleaned from brief television blurbs and internet chat rooms.

To those people I ask, "What is the Celis family doing?". The answer to that question is not "Nothing." Rather, to most people on the internet particularly, the answer is "I don't know." That doesn't equate to nothing.

With the current amount of information released, all that a logical person can say is "I do not know much about those people, how tragic that their daughter is missing.", rather than "They seem complicit". I seriously doubt that any information released by LE would positively impact the opinions of those people.

What I'm saying is, I personally hope that no further information is released, because I have first hand experience with the irresponsibility of the general public regarding that information. In fact, I absolutely wish less information had been released in the past. If that were the case, I would never know about this forum, never have had to spend the last year and a half defending myself, and less disinformation regarding the actual facts of the investigation would have been spread around to the general public.

I don't mean to come off aggressively, and I'm not actually directing this comment at you, necessarily. I simply read the appeal for more information to be released, and my immediate reaction to that is "Please, god, no."

With the 24 hour news cycle, it's a common thought that we deserve to know details as soon as they happen, in every instance. But the reality of life and society is that we don't have that right, and that is not always the best course of action. Information truly is power, and there is fallout in terms of real humans living real lives that are really impacted by the gossip and speculation that is spread around by national thirst for immediate details.

I'm very sorry to hear of all that trouble you've been through due to lack of diligence and rumors prevalent either on the internet or media.

You've made excellent points, imo, but on the other side I'd suggest that when someone is prosecuted for a crime against the State, (as well of course against a family) such as in the case of any kidnapped or murdered child would be, there is still the State which is comprised of human beings who wish to see justice done to the best of the ability of the State on the State's behalf.

Isn't the State then, the people?

And is it not possible as with the old show now off the Air, America's Most Wanted, or even the older, Unsolved Mysteries TV series, that often there are tips when there is information released, other than (no pun intended here,) "dead silence?".

thanks again, for your intelligent and well written thoughts on the matter, if not biased because after all, it's from your perspective and you've been as you said, "harmed" by it all.
I can duly understand and empathize with you too.

http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/police-beat/police-recanvassing-tucson-neighborhood-of-missing-isabel-celis/article_9a736e2c-7e2b-11e3-b10a-001a4bcf887a.html

Police Lt. Elise Souter said the department has not received any new information about Isabel's disappearance but felt that it was time to return to the neighborhood to re-interview residents.

Detectives are asking if they had seen anything suspicious or unusual in the time since the girl went missing.

Souter said the department has assigned new detectives to the case to help the original detectives in order to get a fresh look at the case.

Just saw the parents on Tucson News Now (should be available online or at 6pm). They weren't happy and hoped this would get the heat off of them since the case has been focused on them they feel.

TNN is having problems right now but here's the link. I see there's a video but it give you an error message.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/218560/tucson-news-now-live-video

Police revamping search for missing Isabel Celis

Forty officers, including new detectives, are restarting the investigation into the disappearance starting Wednesday, police said.

more

http://www.jrn.com/kgun9/news/Polic...here-Isabel-Celis-went-missing-240342411.html

Glad TPD is doing this as the family has been very quiet, again.

BeC_POXCYAA6IWq.jpg

https://twitter.com/SomLisaiusKOLD

Just saw the parents on Tucson News Now (should be available online or at 6pm). They weren't happy and hoped this would get the heat off of them since the case has been focused on them they feel.

TNN is having problems right now but here's the link. I see there's a video but it give you an error message.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/218560/tucson-news-now-live-video
<snipped>
Glad TPD is doing this as the family has been very quiet, again.

And once again, Sergio fails to say her name even once. Isabel!

He seems to think this is all about him. :banghead:

Wow!

Good news, IMO!

Glad to see "new beginnings" on this case...

Who knows... Maybe there will be a breakthrough with fresh perspectives...

:please:

And once again, Sergio fails to say her name even once. Isabel!

He seems to think this is all about him. :banghead:

Same old "look over there and not at us" only in different clothes...

I feel like something spurred LE to restart this new investigation, I don't see them just randomly assigning 40 officers to her case to spend 4 days in the neighborhood out of no where when there had been only 2 last I heard, and I doubt the family pushed them to do it. Hopefully we will hear why soon and they will get what they came for.
That video of Sergio does not help my empathy for him, he never says her name, never says he hopes this brings her home, just that he hopes LE finds someone else to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro