AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, with all due respect..if we want SIMPLE.. then isn't it MORE simple to take a child from a park than to climb into a window of a fenced in house with dogs and four other people in the house?
Just sayin'.

And, to be honest... I actually DO think the parents or a relative have something to do with the disappearance, because that is THE simplest answer for me, but I don't want to go in that direction first if I don't have to!

With all due respect....this is a contradictory statement if I ever heard one.

IMO, if I were a parent who was responsible for my child's disappearance, either directly or indirectly, I would not make up a completely different story. I would try to stick to the facts as much as I could, without giving myself away. Any time someone invents a whole different scenario and then tries to stick to that, LE is going to knock holes in it, one by one, until the truth comes out. Think Susan Smith.

I understand questioning and discussing, but calling another persons input ridiculous, or being judgmental to another posters input, doesn't leave one with a very welcoming appreciated feeling. Just not much to discuss without speculation, whether it is a likely scenario or maybe doesn't seem so likely to others.

JMO

I find it likely that her brothers have been interviewed by the proper authorities as to the conditions in the home, what went on that last night, what they heard and didn't hear, and so on. I feel that TPD is doing a great job with this case, and therefore they would not neglect to interview the brothes, and the fact that they say the parents are cooperating means that the parents gave consent for this to be done.

I'm going to say that if Isabel was abused, it was not in a way that could be seen by her brothers, or the neighbors, or anyone on any of the teams. It would also stand to reason that the house was not filthy and showing signs of neglect, as there has been no word of the other boys being removed from the parents care.

I'm not seeing chronic abuse or neglect, and I'm not seeing any indication that law enforcement or child welfare authorities have any reason to suspect it either. JMO.

Assuming they know. They may ALSO be under the impression that the parent who drove them home did not drive Isa, that she rode with the other parent. It would not matter who got home first as the first carload would be asleep before the second carload arrived and went to their beds.

But why the heck would the team coach, who has to stay late, be the parent in charge of a 6 yr old girl? Wouldn't the team coach be with the older boys, and not his little daughter?

If the dad had to bring in the bases that night, I am going to guess his 14 yr old was expected to help him do those chores. A tired 6 yr old girl would have been sent home with Mom, imo.

That floor plan shows no window placement, no bathrooms, etc., etc. Someone drew up a generic floor plan.

IMO, that Den is a bedroom with a bathroom.

That house is huge, and having four bedrooms seems more suitable then 3 bedrooms and a den.

In any event, we know which bedroom is Isa; thanks to the neighbor.

And let's remember, this is all assuming the family took 2 cars. They could ALL have been there until 11, leaving no room for anyone to have assumed the other parent had Isabel.

But why the heck would the team coach, who has to stay late, be the parent in charge of a 6 yr old girl? Wouldn't the team coach be with the older boys, and not his little daughter?

If the dad had to bring in the bases that night, I am going to guess his 14 yr old was expected to help him do those chores. A tired 6 yr old girl would have been sent home with Mom, imo.

Well maybe that makes sense to all of us, which, to me it does too, but I know when I was little, I was a daddy's girl all the way, I would have begged and begged and begged to stay there with my daddy.

Criticism is part of the speculation process and the way the discussion forum works. I don't think it is personal, just people questioning various theories. imo

Exactly!! Well said.

I understand questioning and discussing, but calling another persons input ridiculous, or being judgmental to another posters input, doesn't leave one with a very welcoming appreciated feeling. Just not much to discuss without speculation, whether it is a likely scenario or maybe doesn't seem so likely to others.

JMO

I just wanted to say, even though I disagree with your latest theory, I respect it nonetheless. I hadn't thought of it. None of us know what happened and it's only natural to banter back and forth about how we think things might have gone, asking questions and poking holes. It isn't personal, but I know it feels like it is sometimes.

I always respect your posts. In reference to the bolded (BBM) part,
I would not leave for work without looking in on my 6 year old either, so it seems odd to me, also. But I understood from the news coverage that this mom did not look in on her baby girl before she left for work, so that is who we are dealing with. I don't think it is outside the realm of this mother's normal. I'm not passing judgement, I'm just saying I think it is stated that the last time someone saw her was at 11:00 at night, so mom didn't look in on her before work, and possibly did not put her to bed, either. MHO

I understand what you are saying. it was a known fact, as she admitted, she did not look in on her that morning. But imo, all the more reason to believe that she DID see her safely at home the previous night. If she had driven away from the park without her child, went to bed without tucking her in, and then was getting ready for work the next morning, IMO, she would have peeked in and checked on her. Just a weird gut feeling.

In other words, I can understand her not peeking in that morning as she is rushing off to work. But only if she had seen her safe and sound at home the previous night. If that makes sense.

The problem with speculating is that it can get out of hand really quickly and start to become "fact".

I know that all we can do is speculate at this point but it really must be "controlled".

We don't even know if the family took 2 cars to the game and now we have pages of an elaborate cover up of a parent forgetting his kid at the ball field. People will come in and read it and take it as a fact and spread it all over the internet, causing a lot of harm to an already complicated investigation.

We, as sleuthers, need to be responsible with what and how we post. :twocents:

Well maybe that makes sense to all of us, which, to me it does too, but I know when I was little, I was a daddy's girl all the way, I would have begged and begged and begged to stay there with my daddy.

And if that was the normal relationship between you and your dad, I am assuming that he would have kept an eye on you. And brought you home at the end of the game.

I am going to take a breather as well, if we can't speculate or it isn't accepted without criticism, not much really to talk about, basically everything we are doing here is speculation to an extent. As the police have not really confirmed anything at all.

I do not find any possibility that people have thought of here as ridiculous, things happen in life and it doesn't always happen as one would think or expect it to. I appreciate everyone's input, no matter how out there some of the things we say are.

I understand how you feel. At a certain point in cases like this, it seems like we just rehash the same details over and over. That can be frustrating.

However, you won't find better company while you're waiting than here at WS
icon7.gif

I'm taking a break until something new comes to light. My thoughts and prayers will be with Isabel and those who are investigating. I am not going to lose hope that this beautiful little girl is alive.

Is there some new fact that has emerged to give validation to any theory that puts Isa missing from the ballpark, rather than from her own bedroom in the middle of the night?? Or is this just more assumptions based on opinions?

I'm going to agree with the poster upthread. If one bases a theory on assumptions on top of other assumptions, then it's probably not a good theory. Many, many things are possible but that does not make them probable.

We are not ASSUMING that she was last seen in shorts and a shirt at the park. We have confirmation of that, however. Other people saw her. But who put her to bed? Nobody. What was she wearing when she went to bed? Nobody knows. The person who put her to bed should know what PJs she had on. But if she was never PUT to bed, through a terrible oversight, nobody would claim to have put her to bed, they would each have thought that the other one did it. I think the "suspicion" is based on the last verified sighting being at the park and the lack of clear information on who put her to bed and what she was wearing at that time.

I understand questioning and discussing, but calling another persons input ridiculous, or being judgmental to another posters input, doesn't leave one with a very welcoming appreciated feeling.

JMO

A lot of it depends on how things are framed. Opinions are one thing, but no opinion can be presented as fact. This is where some people (not pointing fingers) have difficulty.
There's been quite a bit of that here unfortunately IMO. It's habit when there are few public facts. If something is marked as your opinion then you're good to go but people also have the right to disagree. If something is blatently rude then flag it. One develops a thick skin quickly around here. take a breather, do whatever you have to do....because tempers do get heated at times its best to walk away. The mods do what they can to keep open inquery open regardless of how popular it is, but it can be hard to do when this is a victim-friendly forum at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

For anyone taking a break or a breather from this thread (and any other WS members), please feel free to join us in the Scanner Thread for Isa.

We can always use more ears listening to the scanners!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members