AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE has,or will, examine the family's cell phone and internet records ? Especially those calls or texts received and sent early on that morning that Isabel disappeared...JMO

I remember hearing very early on, that when the parents were questioned separately, LE also confiscated their cell phones.

Although the continual media presence could be annoying, it would actually make one feel rather safe inside the house knowing how unlikely it would be for a perpetrator to return with them there. There are still two children as well as their personal possessions in their home to be worried about. Personally I wouldn't want to return to it if some stranger had been in there and abducted my child.

MOO

If the perp did not know it before, he now knows there are cameras pretty much everywhere...doubt he would go near the house...JMO

After I seen the figure on the video last night, before I posted it here I called the LE and spoke to a detective about it. He was trying to pull the video up while we where on the phone but was having trouble with his computer. He took my name and number for another detective. I have not heard anything else. From what I gather from that detective he had not seen it, but he has seen it now.

I HAVE NOT HEARD AND wonder if parents are us citizens?
Sorry about caps.

While I cant be 100% sure, since Becky is an RN in good standing (I just looked up her licence verification online), Im almost certain she is a US Citizen.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I came across this article featuring a retired Phoenix LEO. He says :

"Right now, investigators are in a stage where they're trying to figure out exactly where to go next," explained Andy Hill, a retired Phoenix officer who has seen all too many missing-children cases. "They're waiting for results of tests. They've served search warrants. They've gathered forensic evidence.
They're waiting to the lab to come back with what they can .... They're kind of getting all their ducks in a row right now. ... "

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Retired-Phoenix-cop-weighs-in-on-Isabel-Celis-case-149250945.html

Sounds like this might be why TPD seems to have no new info...MOO MOO

If the perp did not know it before, he now knows there are cameras pretty much everywhere...doubt he would go near the house...JMO

That is for sure! One thing about so many homes and businesses having surveillance cameras, one has to be taking a great risk going near any building to commit a crime. And likewise, if there are cameras focused on any building and no one is on the video.........

MOO

The close proximity to the house (3 mi. radius) normally is indicative of someone in the family being involved......."close to home".

MOO

What about a pervy neighbor? I don't think it necessarily points to the family. I thought the 3 mile radius was how Isabel could travel on foot if she did wander away from the home. There has to be a limit on how far LE does a grid search as it would be impossible to search a city in it's entirety with out some clue.

MOO TOO

This article amongst others say they have authorities actually looking for her there. http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-tucson-girl/2012/04/27/gIQAuHjKmT_story.html

That isn't so unusual...
They probably have Mexican authorities keeping an eye out for her..

JMO

Some weirdo could have easily taken her and drifted across the border in the middle of the night to some motel where no one asks questions. I really think they checked border surveillance video.

Trying desperately to keep up with the discussion - while not ignoring DH on the weekend ;) If Isabel had been taken into Mexico by an abductor, wouldn't she have needed a passport? I can't imagine that a random perp would have access to the little girl's passport. Is a passport or other ID not required to enter Mexico from AZ?

What about a pervy neighbor? I don't think it necessarily points to the family. I thought the 3 mile radius was how Isabel could travel on foot if she did wander away from the home. There has to be a limit on how far LE does a grid search as it would be impossible to search a city in it's entirety with out some clue.

MOO TOO

I don't necessarily subscribe to this being done by a family member either. It was only a commentary on the distance of 3 mi. and what that normally alludes to as a comfort zone. I hadn't heard of that radius being where Isabel could have wandered on her own, but it makes sense.

:)

Trying desperately to keep up with the discussion - while not ignoring DH on the weekend ;) If Isabel had been taken into Mexico by an abductor, wouldn't she have needed a passport? I can't imagine that a random perp would have access to the little girl's passport. Is a passport or other ID not required to enter Mexico from AZ?

From what I remember, you need a passport to re-enter the US. We didn't need one a couple years ago on our cruise to get off the ship in Mexico, but we did need one after the cruise to present to Customs Agents.

It's easier to get into Mexico from Arizona without a passport than it is getting from Mexico into Arizona. I have a passport, but depending on the port of entry, I may not be asked for it. The Nogales entry, which is the closest to Tucson, is the one I'm never asked for my passport.

Also, if she was in the trunk, only the driver would need a passport. But like others have said, I don't think they check on the way in.

Years ago we went with friends to Nogales, right across the border and no passport was needed. Don't know what the laws are now though.

Hi All. Been lurking on this thread for a while. ITA with this. The fact that they have not yet cleared the family and that they are now expanding the search to Mexico makes me wonder if this was a drug/gang related kidnapping which is a big problem in AZ from what I have read. The family may have not done something to her, but may have gotten themselves wrapped up in a bad situation. JMO.

To me LE expanding to Mexico, has me thinking they have no idea what happen to Isa. They contacted Mexico in case Isa was taking from her home Arizona and Mexico is kinda the neighbour. JMO

After I seen the figure on the video last night, before I posted it here I called the LE and spoke to a detective about it. He was trying to pull the video up while we where on the phone but was having trouble with his computer. He took my name and number for another detective. I have not heard anything else. From what I gather from that detective he had not seen it, but he has seen it now.

I know lots of people were commenting that they had seen the person on the kvoa.com's site. i just assumed the LE/detectives seen it and wanted to know if this group of 5 seen anything or the person as well. that was my impression on asking the group to come foward. I know kvoa.com is now saying 1 of those five have come fwd and hoping they can interview the others. Praying for a miracle~:please:

Here are screenshots of the sequence where the possible suspect can be seen on the surveillance video.
I enlarged the images to 200% and one image 300%

Isabelcelis.jpg

Is the ground lower behind the wall than on the sidewalk?

I know lots of people were commenting that they had seen the person on the kvoa.com's site. i just assumed the LE/detectives seen it and wanted to know if this group of 5 seen anything or the person as well. that was my impression on asking the group to come foward. I know kvoa.com is now saying 1 of those five have come fwd and hoping they can interview the others. Praying for a miracle~:please:

Fortunately one has come forward and we can all surmise that this person told who he/she was walking with that night.

However, did they or did they not notice anything unusual is the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member