AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it would be earlier to smuggle a child out.

LE stated they are investigating ALL angles, including drugs.

I have not heard of any legitimate proof of human trafficking involving young children for purposes of a sex trade, for example, in the U.S. to Mexico or in the U.S. at all. Troubled and runaway teens being trafficked for prostitution reasons across state lines happens all the time. Trafficking teens to Mexico would make little economic sense as the money is here, not there.

Trafficking little kids for sex trade reasons, child *advertiser censored*, etc., well there have been rumors about that for years. But, never any viable evidence that such actually occurs.

Below are excerpts from the NGO Alternative Report. This report is a response to the U.S. government’s report to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) on its work to implement the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Sale of Children, Child Prostitution and Child *advertiser censored* (OPSC).

From this report, one can see that child trafficking in the USA is a minuscule problem. Child prostitution is not the same as child trafficking.

A 2008 report on child trafficking survivors from Georgetown University’s Institute for the Study of International Migration (ISIM) explored the discrepancy between potential cases of children and those identified by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS). They found ultimately only 23 children were determined eligible for benefits.

In 2011, the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) hotline received almost a thousand calls about potential child trafficking victims in the United States. But again, this was an isolated source and most NGOs believe that relying on the public to phone in all cases of child trafficking, is not a good way to count the number of trafficking victims.
http://ecpatusa.org/wp-content/uplo...2012-Final-with-submitting-orgs-2-19-2012.pdf

I was taking a little break from here and just saw that Kristin Chenoweth tweeted Isabel's picture....so I came back :)

Below are excerpts from the NGO Alternative Report. This report is a response to the U.S. government’s report to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) on its work to implement the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Sale of Children, Child Prostitution and Child *advertiser censored* (OPSC).

From this report, one can see that child trafficking in the USA is a minuscule problem. Child prostitution is not the same as child trafficking.

A 2008 report on child trafficking survivors from Georgetown University’s Institute for the Study of International Migration (ISIM) explored the discrepancy between potential cases of children and those identified by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS). They found ultimately only 23 children were determined eligible for benefits.

In 2011, the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) hotline received almost a thousand calls about potential child trafficking victims in the United States. But again, this was an isolated source and most NGOs believe that relying on the public to phone in all cases of child trafficking, is not a good way to count the number of trafficking victims.
http://ecpatusa.org/wp-content/uplo...2012-Final-with-submitting-orgs-2-19-2012.pdf

Thank you for that. Good information.

I also note that child trafficking in the U.S. is INTO the U.S. and is not related to the sex trade. It would be child slaves coming in with foreign families or illegal immigration.

First time using site, been reading & keeping up with this case all week. When you say man in video just came forward- are you referring to one of the males in the group of 5 or the "figure" on left?

First time using site, been reading & keeping up with this case all week. When you say man in video just came forward- are you referring to one of the males in the group of 5 or the "figure" on left?

Yay!!!!!!!!!! New poster!!!

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

The article linked indicates it is one of the five.

That was discussed at the presser, right? The one of the group of five who came forward? What I don;t understand is can't he just i.d. who the other four were? They must have been friends, no?

At the presser (way earlier today and NOT just reported) ... the self reporting person will be interviewed. At the time the PR guy didn't know anymore than that.

Sorry to quote myself, but I watched the video back a few more times, and it sounds more like "CAN'T" say they are close to issuing Amber Alert.

I agree. A little after that he is asked to clear it up - are they are aren't they close to issuing an alert, and he responds he didn't say one way ot the other - I am not going to comment on whether we are closer or not.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17901173/tucson-police-provide-update-on-isabel-celis-case

I was always under the impression that LE has to issue an AMBER Alert in a timely manner - 8 days is a bit long.

The guidelines state: At the same time, each case must be appraised on its
own merits and a judgment call made quickly. Law enforcement must understand that a “best judgment” approach, based on the evidence, is appropriate and necessary.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Yes, and the perps went in the front door with guns. (Puffinberger)

IMO, IMO, IMO most dealers want nothing to do with kidnapping children. It means somebody has to watch the children/child. Children cry, especially frightened children. Druggies don't do so well with crying children.

IMO, Cartel usually just pops two caps and leaves 'em wherever they land. Make a statement.

I don't see any signs whatsoever of drug use by the parents. Not that it could not be there and I missed it, for sure. But, I just don't see it.

When did the mortgage issue get resolved? How long ago?
When was the other house sold?
Does the sale of one coincide with the bailing the other out?
Has anybody looked?
Apologies if I missed it but I am thinking that because we are not supposed to sleuth people that are not named POI's it may not have been posted.

I wonder if there might be an exception if it helps instead of hinders? IDK

I haven't even looked at any of that myself.
Has anybody else?
Can we just post dates of one house selling and the other coming out of foreclosure?

If they were dealing in any great amount they would not have been in foreclosure.
Not to mention that if Cartel...they would have "backing".

Or are we talking about extended family and not the nuclear family?

Just my opinion.
The foreclosed home (or the home that was in danger of being foreclosed?) was sold for approx. $83,000 in Nov. 2011. (Sorry, no link. Just a weird thing I remembered.) The address was 8750 S Desert Valley Way.

Must not be updated yet or its because i'm using tapatalk...i don't see anything stating that someone has come forward.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

From the link:
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - A man has come forward, telling Tucson Police he was one of the five people in a video from the morning 6-year-old Isabel Celis disappeared.
At a press briefing Saturday afternoon, police say they plan to interview the man, who is not a suspect in the case. They hope he will put them in touch with the other four people in the surveillance video.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17901173/tucson-police-provide-update-on-isabel-celis-case

That was discussed at the presser, right? The one of the group of five who came forward? What I don;t understand is can't he just i.d. who the other four were? They must have been friends, no?

Surely he knew them. They were definitely all walking together as a group so I agree..I don't know why he couldn't or hasnt ID them.

Maybe they had just met each other that night at the bar? But still, even then, I'm sure he would know their name, where they walked to, etc.

At the presser (way earlier today and NOT just reported) ... the self reporting person will be interviewed. At the time the PR guy didn't know anymore than that.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense! I didn't watch the presser, just read on here!

RBBM, Pensfan. How could "child prostitution" exist without child trafficking? This premise doesn't seem logical to me. A child can't be a prostitute unless some adult has "trafficked" them into it. What am I not understanding?

Believe what you will...time will tell;)

Sadly, time may never tell a thing: Kyron Horman, Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Etan Patz, Hassani Campbell, Aliayah Lunsford, Sky Metalwala, etc., etc.

Yay!!!!!!!!!! New poster!!!

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

The article linked indicates it is one of the five.

Let's see if I did the quote thing right. & Ty for the welcome :) I can't always get the links bc I'm strictly using my phone. I figured it was one of the 5, it took me awhile to finally spot the person but I finally saw them as well. I can't believe it's been a week & I'm hoping LE has more leads then they are letting on to the public. IMO I haven't ruled out the parents- the whole case has me baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member