Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
even a find during a planned search would be happenstance if there where no particular reasons to search that particular area..so they had some reason to search there... they had a tip, or they had an educated hunch based on something or other... data? phone pings? chatter from a prison cell? a gps device placed on someones car and possible trips were made to the area for no practical reason.....

Im feeling the gps thing.
I agree. Something or someone tipped them off.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm thinking--and JMO--that's what an argument erupted over. IC didn't want to go to bed and someone got physical with her.

And thinking, too, that SC never slept on the couch outside IC's room that night. IMO, it was an excuse he gave RC to explain why he wasn't in bed most of the night (IF he wasn't home during that time). Then, he couldn't backtrack and tell LE something different. All just MOO.

Is it possible, Sergio was gone during the night and came home and found Isa gone!
Then was afraid to tell Becky he was gone so has gone along with all of this. That would explain his strange reactions, guilt?

Is it possible, Sergio was gone during the night and came home and found Isa gone!
Then was afraid to tell Becky he was gone so has gone along with all of this. That would explain his strange reactions, guilt?
I guess that's possible, but it's not what I was getting at. I was thinking that SC may have been gone most of the night because of what happened to IC. JMO/speculation

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. After Isa died, the parent didn't want to report an OD to 911 for fear of legal/professional repercussions, but was prepared to dial 911 if he heard Isa in respiratory distress from an OD during the night? As in, gave her a sedative knowing it was possible she'd go into respiratory distress, or Isa accidentally ingested drugs and the parent didn't want to take her to ER unless absolutely necessary (i.e., already in respiratory distress) for fear of legal/professional repercussions? TIA.
Imo, Isabel was likely very whiny after being injured at the ballpark and being up late at night. She may have been given something to help her go to sleep more quickly so she could get more sleep and play her ballgame the next morning (a parent's sedative or opioid, a extra large dose of Dimetap or NyQuil..something). People who are not educated about the effects of medications think very dumb things. Some uneducated people believe that individuals who are unconscious from drug overdoses can be shaken until they "wake up". Imo, it is odd that on the night Isabel disappeared, Sergio slept on the couch for the FIRST time. Imo, he may have been worried about the effects of medication she was given and thought he'd hear her gurgling or choking if she was dying and run in and shake her until she became conscious. It's possible that he didn't sleep on the couch and wasn't in his house until 5 am. It's possible that he slept on the couch to keep Isabel's brothers from walking into her room and realizing that she was dead. It's also possible that he didn't sleep on the couch and something I don't want to post occurred that night and Isabel was killed. What isn't possible is that Isabel was removed from her window. A surveillance camera across the street didn't show anyone outside her window. The window crime scene was staged.

I recall when Isabel missing was on the news, and her father was on tv telling Isabel how they loved her and missed her.
The way he said it was so awkward, so uncomfortable, ever since I have felt Sergio is different than other people. He is so overly emotional in a way that I havent seen before, for example also when his wife talked and he looked at her while feeling her every emotion, so very intense so uncommon.

But Sergio is a theatrical men, he is a singer and actor, he has to put all his emotions into his work, and I think it is part of his IRL aswell, he cannot help being the way he is.

I do not think he harmed Isabel, same for Becca, she never ever would harm her child or punish her while doing her hair or over a remote or not wanting to sleep, I cannot see that happening.

Sergio may be a strange bird, but I think his love for his wife and children is inmense.

That leaves something occuring due to not watching out, something in the house, something between her and her brothers or a third party, anything is possible. I do not think her parents are suspects nor that they will be arrested.

I also do not think there will be answers, and I think the find was a happenstance even if that is being denied.
Yes, the way Sergio talked about Isabel and her disappearance was very weird and awkward. I didn't think it was because he was such an emotional father. My immediate reaction was that he was a horrible actor and was overplaying his role for some unknown reason.

Since she was not in the shower curtain,( the shower curtain or a shower curtain was found in a car, correct?) I wonder if she was found in a blanket or some kind of wrapping that could be traceable back to the home. Was clothing found? were shoes found? was her hair found? was it BRAIDED?
is there an obvious head injury according to the skull? are her bones intact? what would happen in the desert? coyotes? vultures? I hope there is something forensic.

someone needs to come forward and start telling the truth,

The desert air often acts as a mummifier on bodies. In the McStay case, there was evidence of the older child, Gianni, being struck in the head 7 times.

I'm thinking--and JMO--that's what an argument erupted over. IC didn't want to go to bed and someone got physical with her.

And thinking, too, that SC never slept on the couch outside IC's room that night. IMO, it was an excuse he gave RC to explain why he wasn't in bed most of the night (IF he wasn't home during that time). Then, he couldn't backtrack and tell LE something different. All just MOO.

Bbm Athletics were important in the Celis family and Sergio was a coach. Isabel couldn't sleep in and miss her ballgame the next morning. Mom had to get up very early the next morning too.

Why do posters think there has not been an arrest yet ?

The large medical center (and one of the largest employers in Tucson) has vocally supported Becky even being her "public relations spokesman" at times and the DA is in an elected position which he or she wants to keep.

Yes, the way Sergio talked about Isabel and her disappearance was very weird and awkward. I didn't think it was because he was such an emotional father. My immediate reaction was that he was a horrible actor and was overplaying his role for some unknown reason.

where was this drama the morning his child went missing? he was pretty non-drama, effectively laughing and and sending his child to wander around alone while his daughter has disappeared in the night...laughing and wise cracking, laid back..almost like he's bombed out of his skull.

so which guy is he?

where was this drama the morning his child went missing? he was pretty non-drama, effectively laughing and and sending his child to wander around alone while his daughter has disappeared in the night...laughing and wise cracking, laid back..almost like he's bombed out of his skull.

so which guy is he?

Yea, he was acting this way IMO because he knew what happened to her and was trying to make light of it so they would not question HIM and the other thing is he was guilty, again IMO, and when you are guilty I think you act like this.

YES!!!!!!

even if he's in shock, some people laugh inappropriately...I know I have had that happen once when my husband fell down, and the moment I realized he was ok and his face was intact I was laughing hysterically...but...he had a broken arm....which I had not realized. I think it was a reaction of relief, even if it was short lived.

how or why he would laugh and be cavalier and completely undisturbed is another thing all together...perhaps his duper's delight is shining thru on this call and he is psychologically in outer space at this moment, completely detached and in an otherworldly adrenaline induced mental state that makes him sound like he is snorting poppers while talking to the police.

I personally don't think they were drugging their child, but something was going on in the home. I have a feeling of something darker.

that said , you never now who is abusing drugs these days...there could have been drugs in the house, Isa is old enough to know not to take pills.

2 visits from child protective services

dead and missing child

father removed from home

bloody shower curtain in their car

blood in the home

no surveillance video shows anything

confused story

trying to blame pot cousin

stayed in the home with no fear of another child being abducted by a stranger through the window.

Im trying to imagine if I could stay in my home...it's a definite NO...not without several rottweilers and 24 hour police protection...and even then, no.

the idea that she would come back, and walk up to the door is ludicrous.

IMO

Imo, Isabel was likely very whiny after being injured at the ballpark and being up late at night. She may have been given something to help her go to sleep more quickly so she could get more sleep and play her ballgame the next morning (a parent's sedative or opioid, a extra large dose of Dimetap or NyQuil..something). People who are not educated about the effects of medications think very dumb things. Some uneducated people believe that individuals who are unconscious from drug overdoses can be shaken until they "wake up". Imo, it is odd that on the night Isabel disappeared, Sergio slept on the couch for the FIRST time. Imo, he may have been worried about the effects of medication she was given and thought he'd hear her gurgling or choking if she was dying and run in and shake her until she became conscious. It's possible that he didn't sleep on the couch and wasn't in his house until 5 am. It's possible that he slept on the couch to keep Isabel's brothers from walking into her room and realizing that she was dead. It's also possible that he didn't sleep on the couch and something I don't want to post occurred that night and Isabel was killed. What isn't possible is that Isabel was removed from her window. A surveillance camera across the street didn't show anyone outside her window. The window crime scene was staged.

But Isabel's parents are not uneducated. Both parents are far more educated than the average person about sedatives, especially Becky as an experienced ER nurse, and would know the proper dose to give a child and the signs of an overdose. Not to mention I'm sure if they were scared they could have taken Isabel to the ER where Becky worked and still works and had no questions asked. I highly doubt she was accidentally overdosed by either parent.

Because the find was a happenstance and they have no clue.
They insist it wasn't a happenstance in hopes that whoever hide Isabel gets scared and flees, or starts making desperate calls and so on, for sure everyone is monitored, so imo this claim is in hopes to get a lead while there wasn't any.
Following a lead for 5 years does not sound credible to me.
Apperantly whomever hide Isabel did not take the bate or and arrest would have been made weeks ago. Just imo of course.

I think they are gathering more evidence to make sure they have a case that will lead to a conviction before they make an arrest. I think once an arrest is made LE will reveal that they have been building a case for years.

I think they are gathering more evidence to make sure they have a case that will lead to a conviction before they make an arrest. I think once an arrest is made LE will reveal that they have been building a case for years.

I really hope so, but doubt that being the case.

If for example someone talked to LE, gave them this lead or told them that a relative of Isabel told him what happened, they will not let that person walk free for years or be around other children just to built a case, they can arrest and the trial taking place even years later. IMO

but she's a tiny little child out in the nowhere...I think they know something...why go to that particular spot so far away? it's literally random except for the proximity to the baseball fields...it's random in terms of just launching a search miles away from the home.

someone took her body all the way out there to a random place to dump her body and 5 years later the police find her.

this is not happenstance... I really don't think so . somehow someone they suspect is connected to that area.

either the parents or someone in the family...did someone in the family work at the golf course out there? baseball coach living near there?

or just a place the parents were out and about in often for baseball games and other outdoor entertainment?

I still really like the idea that they have Sergio driving out there on occasion for no logical reason, maybe circling or parking nearby.

it's hard to make a case..but they have something. IMO

but she's a tiny little child out in the nowhere...I think they know something...why go to that particular spot so far away? it's literally random except for the proximity to the baseball fields...it's random in terms of just launching a search miles away from the home.

/respectfully snipped by me/

Sometimes people are found even in remote areas, it happens. Probably no one went searching there specificly, but someone discovered something (coincidence) and called LE, and they then claimed this all due to years long research which imo does not seem likely.

Let's say they did thorough investigation for 5 years, and this being the result, then they must at least know of someone connected to this specific spot how else could this be the result? If for example an uncle/friend of the family always used to hang out there, or was seen there back then by someone who just now started to talk, then that someone would be arrested since LE does not like those types to roam the streets freely. No name, no indication, no arrest, no clue imo.

I think if finding Isabel's remains was happenstance LE would have said so. jmo. How has the family dynamic changed in 5 years ? Other than the obvious fact that everyone is now 5 years older ? Did the family hire a lawyer ? TIA to anyone who might know this.

But Isabel's parents are not uneducated. Both parents are far more educated than the average person about sedatives, especially Becky as an experienced ER nurse, and would know the proper dose to give a child and the signs of an overdose. Not to mention I'm sure if they were scared they could have taken Isabel to the ER where Becky worked and still works and had no questions asked. I highly doubt she was accidentally overdosed by either parent.
Doctors and nurses in the huge medical center ER where Becky works would NOT risk their careers and years of college and school loans to cover up a crime for a child abuser or child neglector. Doctors attend college for EIGHT years. Most nurses attend college for FOUR years. Nurses spend $100,000+ for a four-year university education. Physicians spend $400,000+ for their education. They would ask EVERY question and document everything and are required by law to call CPS. Intelligent professionals don't risk their education and huge school loans to protect a child abuser!

Sergio has ZERO medical education. He is only a dental tech who only watches the dental surgeons administer anesthetics based on mg/kg and EIGHT years of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member