Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait..the parents didn't pass their polygraphs? did I know this? wow...okay so....just maybe I didn't remember this. Were they poly'd right after..?
The Celises were polygraphed within the first few days of the investigation.

Azfamily, May 05, 2012:
Tucson police say Sergio and Becky Celis have been given lie detector tests. They took the polygraph test within the first few days of the investigation. Police said the test results are being withheld and they are part of an investigative tool used by detectives.
http://www.azfamily.com/story/28348...ive-interview-two-weeks-after-she-disappeared

In the Celises' 2015 interview, the kidnappings by Ariel Castro were brought up, who had held 3 Cleveland girls captive for 10 years.
[Interviewer Valerie Cavazos]: "Do you think that might be the case here?"
Rebecca Celis: "Why not? Why couldn't it be? All I can hope for is that she's being well taken care of and that she's safe and that she's okay.
http://www.kgun9.com/news/crime/thr...celis-her-parents-still-searching-for-answers

Becky's voice had a touch of defiance in it when she said that, but strangely there was no affect palpable related to the hell her child might be going through in case she was kidnapped by an an Ariel Castro-like psychopath. Very odd.

This lack of affect on the part of both parents - regarding the possible horror-scenario a still-alive Isabel might be going through after she was 'kidnapped' - stands out in all their interviews. jmo

I didn't know both parents didn't pass the poly either. Why did they say they would not move until Isa came home? Was this a ploy?
When did they move out actually?

I also found it quite strange when they eagerly showed Isabel's redecorated room and the presents, saying that 'Isabel will be so happy when she sees this!'
They sounded more like parents who want to surprise their child who will soon return home from summer camp.

I can't wrap my mind around this discrepancy: your child has been abducted, and if she happens to be still alive, is probably going through hell and will be forever traumatized as a result.

Maybe the parents simply blocked all the horrible scenarios out, clinging to a delusional a fantasy instead, I thought when first seeing this video several years ago. But the more I have since learned about the case, the more my doubts have grown ... jmo

In the Celises' 2015 interview, the kidnappings by Ariel Castro were brought up, who had held 3 Cleveland girls captive for 10 years.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/crime/thr...celis-her-parents-still-searching-for-answers

Becky's voice had a touch of defiance in it when she said that, but strangely there was no affect palpable related to the hell her child might be going through in case she was kidnapped by an an Ariel Castro-like psychopath. Very odd.

This lack of affect on the part of both parents - regarding the possible horror-scenario a still-alive Isabel might be going through after she was 'kidnapped' - stands out in all their interviews. jmo

I so agree. They never expressed any angst about what Isabel could be going through, at least not that I saw, and I followed this closely at the time. As a parent, that's all I would be thinking if....is she afraid, hurt, cold, scared, etc., etc. I would be tortured and unable to function. I believe Isa's parents knew she was dead. I just don't know why Becky would go along with the ruse, assuming what I think happened is true.

When did they move out actually?

I also found it quite strange when they eagerly showed Isabel's redecorated room and the presents, saying that 'Isabel will be so happy when she sees this!'
They sounded more like parents who want to surprise their child who will soon return home from summer camp.

I can't wrap my mind around this discrepancy: your child has been abducted, and if she happens to be still alive, is probably going through hell and will be forever traumatized as a result.

Maybe the parents simply blocked all the horrible scenarios out, clinging to a delusional a fantasy instead, I thought when first seeing this video several years ago. But the more I have since learned about the case, the more my doubts have grown ... jmo

I don't think they have moved out yet, their home is still for sale as of today.

I so agree. They never expressed any angst about what Isabel could be going through, at least not that I saw, and I followed this closely at the time. As a parent, that's all I would be thinking if....is she afraid, hurt, cold, scared, etc., etc. I would be tortured and unable to function. I believe Isa's parents knew she was dead. I just don't know why Becky would go along with the ruse, assuming what I think happened is true.

Some women love their husbands more than their children.

I'm always hoping there's been an arrest when I notice new posts on Isabel's thread. I'm glad there are members keeping this case current. Not sure how I'd find out about it without locals updating. :tyou:

I'm convinced something happened in the home and if it was an overdose of meds the Celises's gave her they'll never find out because her body is decomposed.
It's a plausible theory. Of she didn't go out the window, then someone took her out the front door...why?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

you don't want to know my theroy....but...I feel like the suicide threats and other behaviour by Serg is indicitive of an inappropriate relationship with
his daughter and something that was systematically denied by the mother. I don't know the whys of CPS being called but someone or something caused them to be investigated. On some level I think Sergio harmed his daughter either through sexual abuse or inappropriate anger or both.

I'm sorry to say all this, especially if I am just flat out wrong, but this situation screams codependent mother in denial to me. Sergio has probably lied to his wife regarding some of what she instinctivley knows is is true but denies for the sake of holding her family together. Sadly she may be relived...as many mothers blame their abused children for ruining everything....as I have heard of this before in many cases of abused daughters that become rivals in the eyes of the mother.

I know it's sickening and I hope it isn't so , but my bs meter tells me it is so.

MOO MOO MOO and timbucktu!

you don't want to know my theroy....but...I feel like the suicide threats and other behaviour by Serg is indicitive of an inappropriate relationship with
his daughter and something that was systematically denied by the mother. I don't know the whys of CPS being called but someone or something caused them to be investigated. On some level I think Sergio harmed his daughter either through sexual abuse or inappropriate anger or both.

I'm sorry to say all this, especially if I am just flat out wrong, but this situation screams codependent mother in denial to me. Sergio has probably lied to his wife regarding some of what she instinctivley knows is is true but denies for the sake of holding her family together. Sadly she may be relived...as many mothers blame their abused children for ruining everything....as I have heard of this before in many cases of abused daughters that become rivals in the eyes of the mother.

I know it's sickening and I hope it isn't so , but my bs meter tells me it is so.

MOO MOO MOO and timbucktu!
IMO, you have a good read on the situation. There must be scant evidence to act on. Bless sweet girl...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

IMO, you have a good read on the situation. Must be scant evidence to act on. Sweet Isabel...

I cannot understand that there's been no new developments in this case. Anyone with some inside information?

5350a2a7c427f.image.jpg

"Police Chief Chris Magnus made the grim announcement about how the remains found earlier this month were positively identified by DNA testing as those of Isabel, who was 6 years old when she went missing from her midtown home in 2012.
Magnus said he could not reveal how investigators learned where the remains where."

5350a2a7c427f.image.jpg

"Police Chief Chris Magnus made the grim announcement about how the remains found earlier this month were positively identified by DNA testing as those of Isabel, who was 6 years old when she went missing from her midtown home in 2012.
Magnus said he could not reveal how investigators learned where the remains where."

She was such a beautiful little girl. Thanks for posting her picture.
It took five years but at least she has been found. That's a start.
I too wonder how they knew where to look. Since no one has been arrested yet, my next thought would be some hikers or their dogs came across the remains. Maybe someone was practicing with a drone?

She was such a beautiful little girl. Thanks for posting her picture.
It took five years but at least she has been found. That's a start.
I too wonder how they knew where to look. Since no one has been arrested yet, my next thought would be some hikers or their dogs came across the remains. Maybe someone was practicing with a drone?
If it was that innocent why not tell it? Sounds like more to the story....but I've been reading a lot these cases.[emoji25]

Checking in. Hoping there is work going on behind the scene and an arrest SOON!

:bump: up for Isabel!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Isabel.jpg
    Isabel.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 215
I can't believe there are no updates, I was sure something was going to happen after they found poor Isa. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech