Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article on cold cases in Tucson...sweet girl is part of the article.

"Her disappearance resulted in a missing child case that involved a massive search in Tucson by 250 law enforcement personnel, national media attention and public scrutiny of her parents. FBI experts and tracking dogs were called into the case.*Detectives followed up on more than 2,200 leads in the case.*

Five years after her disappearance, her remains were found in rural Pima County.*

Her remains were discovered earlier this year in rural Pima County."

http://tucson.com/list-cold-cases-in-tucson/collection_306e9364-b43f-11e7-b7d3-9b2e0a03920f.html#1

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

If it was that innocent why not tell it? Sounds like more to the story....but I've been reading a lot these cases.[emoji25]

Perhaps there isn't more to the story. Yet they may want a suspect to believe there is. Perhaps they want a suspect to believe someone told them where she was... rather than them stumbling across her.

The*heavily redacted report*does not reveal the cause of her death, and the location where she was discovered is only described as 'rural'.

The report shows investigators recovered a part of the child's skull and pelvis. They*were able to examine dental remains, but were unable to confirm an identity. The remains were then sent to an independent lab for DNA testing, where they were positively identified as Celis.

Private investigator, Jerry "Kelly" Snyder, worked with the Celis family after Isabel's disappearance. He said the lack of information being provided to the public does not necessarily*mean the case has grown cold.*

"My thought process on that is that the police department is hopefully conducting a grand jury and gathering evidence against a suspect," he said. "Or gathering evidence and information to allow them to do search warrants or arrest warrants."

http://www.kvoa.com/story/36671156/isabel-celis-death-ruled-a-homicide

Interesting comments....news page.

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphq...wNDEyOTgzNzg0ODpWSzoxMDE1NTA1NTI1MDM3Nzg0OQ==

The only interesting thing I see there is discussion of two other young Latinas who went missing here. I tend to doubt that the cases are related, although they could be, I guess. Everything else is the same old garbage from people who like to talk, but don't know any more than anyone else.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The Celis's home still has not sold, they've dropped they price by over 100,000 since they listed it.

Anyone think it's not selling because it is their home and she was either killed there or kidnapped from it?

Or is it just not selling because of the market in Tucson? I have no idea what the real estate market there is like, but it looks like they will take a loss when it sells.

Mainly posting this because there is no new news and I so badly don't want Isabel forgotten.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Also does anyone know if a realtor has to disclose that this home was the site of a child abduction? I know some states have laws that murders and suicides have to be disclosed to potential home buyers.

Also does anyone know if a realtor has to disclose that this home was the site of a child abduction? I know some states have laws that murders and suicides have to be disclosed to potential home buyers.

Not according to this attorney ... http://www.combslawgroup.com/sellers-need-not-disclose-past-deaths-crimes/ note it says "or any crime that occurred in the home".

IMO, the Celis name is well known and not just in Arizona. But who knows, it may just be a real estate market issue.

How did someone get over the wall....into the backyard....and back out again....back over the wall...with a child? The mother stated the wall door to the street was locked. The only explanation would be someone with a key (unnamed relative) or someone from inside the house (creepy laughing father). The older son said in his 911 call "I don't think we're going to find her"....what did he know about the goings on in that family that made him say that? WHY was CPS called TWICE? How often did the father sleep on the couch? He wanted to "report a missing person"....that seems like distancing himself to me.

yes not even a missing "child" ..a "missing person" . I would have been screaming and hysterical. MOO

Autopsy report reveals little about death of Isabel Celis

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
The heavily redacted autopsy report for Isabel Celis was released Tuesday, Oct. 24, but it provides no new information about how the young Tucson girl died.

The report, which can be read AT LINK BELOW, confirms the child's death was a homicide and her remains were identified through DNA testing.

Isabel was only 6 years old when she disappeared from her bedroom under suspicious circumstances on Saturday, April 21, 2012. Over the years authorities worked through more than 2,200 leads, but the case went nowhere

http://www.wnem.com/story/36670610/autopsy-report-reveals-little-about-death-of-isabel-celis

My heart always skips a beat when I see a new post in Isabel's thread.

Isabelle disappeared from her home under suspicious circumstances on April 21, 2012, and her remains found a year ago. There are volumes of police reports, yet no arrest and/or accountability for this precious child. I'll continue to peruse these investigative reports and share my thoughts here to keep alive our hope for justice for Isabelle.

The Police Interview of SC Employer was initiated by crank caller from payphone (lead #326) who identified herself as SC sister-in-law, and falsely claimed she also work at dental office with SC, and that he owed his employer $175000. There is no such person, call was a hoax but led police interview of the four owners of Associated in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery on May 2, 2012.

Each doctor/owner described SC as a reliable, dependable employee with personable skills well suited for his position as a surgical assistant. They do not consider SC as a suspect in the disappearance (now homicide) of Isabelle. MOST INTERESTING HOWEVER, one of the owner/doctors claimed to have a premonition/dream of child crying out for help two days before Isabelle disappeared , and contacted a Medium friend at Univ of Az for interpretation. This information was not previously shared with SC by Doctor. Police reports available at link below -- this particular report begins on page 32-34.

https://www.scribd.com/document/343663403/Tucson-Police-Department-Isabel-Celis-Report-5

I want to go back in time and save all these children. It's horrific enough that they suffered an early death. But no justice? My heart breaks over and over.

I can't believe there are no updates, I was sure something was going to happen after they found poor Isa. :(

Unfortunately, the remains of Isabel were so limited, the Pima County Medical Examiner's Office could not match them to Isabel Celis based on the bones and dental records alone (positive ID required DNA analysis by FBI Lab in Quantico, VA ) . The remains were limited to a portion of her skull, and a small part of her pelvis, that were found among non-human bones. With no forensic evidence, solving this homicide will require continued cooperation by whoever led police to Isabel's remains.

After nearly 12 months, I think this person stopped cooperating....

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/isabel-celis-autopsy-does-not-explain-how-she-died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech