Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is terrible what was done to this poor little sweet innocent child.

When I heard her mom scream no after they found her body, I cried. I hate drugs.

Are you in Arizona? Curious how you heard the mom. Thanks

<modsnip>

Why no mention of JR or even a nameless adult male? Based on that police statement I think the family omitted critical information and LE only learned about JR after talking to the sister. Why on earth wouldn't JR's name be the first thing out of mom or grandma's mouth? Such a mystery.

The reporter said he was "getting rid of his bloody clothes".

As far as I know, strangling someone doesn't usually cause blood.

No, but he may have blood on his clothing for another reason.:(

Breaking News: Police report reveals details about arrest in Bullhead City murder

<Snipped>

The report says that Bella and her sister were at home with their mother Tania Grogan, her husband Ralph Foster and his mother, and three of Grogan's friends on Sept. 1.
(BBM)

Upon learning that Rector had been in the house with the girls, the police began looking for him. They located him on Highway 95 in the area of a local Walmart shortly after 3 a.m. During the interview, they learned that Rector had stolen several items from Walmart, including a shirt, underwear and shoes, and left behind a pair of shoes

Full http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Police-report-reveals-details-about-arrest-in-Bullhead-City-murder-274120571.html

I was under the impression that there is no step dad but instead he is considered the mom's boyfriend, what is the real answer? Thanks in advance.

I don't know. There is reference to them having married in July, on FB, but I don't know if they actually were legally married, or if they just call each other husband and wife. It seems they've been together for several years, which is why I referred to him as I did.

So they had him at 3am on sept 2 and let him go after they knew he had shoplifted from wal Mart? Weird !?

During this time, the search for the young girl had already begun. At approximately 10:15 p.m. Sept. 2, Rector was placed under arrest for shoplifting. He remained in custody as the search for Bella continued.

According to the article LE kept him in custody. Maybe that explains why there was no mention of him during the search - they knew they had the perp. I wonder if Bella's mom was aware of it.

I don't know. There is reference to them having married in July, on FB, but I don't know if they actually were legally married, or if they just call each other husband and wife. It seems they've been together for several years, which is why I referred to him as I did.

I have no clue .. I assumed boyfriend. Fwiw, my brother and his lady friend of 8 years claim to be married on fb .. Mind you, she's still married to another man .. Ugh

True story, my niece announced on FB that her and her bf got married a few months back. Changed her status to married and everything. Then said ' well we were going to the courthouse but got busy'. So to this date, they're still not legally married but she took his last name on that day. Apparently FB has taken the place of ' legal'. Who knew?

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Police...arrest-in-Bullhead-City-murder-274120571.html

Ok in this report it states the two sisters were downstairs with JJR and the mother, her partner, his mother and three adults were all upstairs, doing what?

Then it says the mother told the girls to watch a DVD downstairs while all the adults except the mothers parents mum and JJR left. So there was certainly no bed slept in that night!

Also, Bella's sister reported Bella missing along with JJR to her grandmother,who then called Bella's mum, so everyone was aware of JJR from the beginning!
I think I knew this, but hadn't seen it confirmed.

<modsnip>

Why no mention of JR or even a nameless adult male? Based on that police statement I think the family omitted critical information and LE only learned about JR after talking to the sister. Why on earth wouldn't JR's name be the first thing out of mom or grandma's mouth? Such a mystery.

Which if true, if mom knew JR had left with her, if the sister told her, if texts were received from JR to the mom, and that mom never told police either when she called or when they first arrived (clearly she didn't include it in the MISSING plea) at the very least I would suspect she'd be charged with something, obstruction of justice maybe? I'm not really sure. LE did say there was no reason to think this was an abduction (at first), so would they actually tell the public that if they had been told upfront JR had left with Bella without the mom's permission? I seriously doubt it. That tells me, they didn't know. That tells me the mom never shared that info with them.

During this time, the search for the young girl had already begun. At approximately 10:15 p.m. Sept. 2, Rector was placed under arrest for shoplifting. He remained in custody as the search for Bella continued.

According to the article LE kept him in custody. Maybe that explains why there was no mention of him during the search - they knew they had the perp. I wonder if Bella's mom was aware of it.

I've read the report several times and still don't quite understand if they had him in custody from 3am on the 2nd (when they found him on the highway) Or if it was from 10.15pm on the 2nd (when he was arrested for shoplifting)

I've read it several times and still don't quite understand if they had him in custody from 3am on the 2nd (when they found him on the highway) Or if it was from 10.15pm on the 2nd (when he was arrested for shoplifting)

Based on the fact he was able to make a post on his FB about having been questioned and "cleared" earlier in the day, I'm pretty sure he was released initially.

Based on the fact he was able to make a post on his FB about having been questioned and "cleared" earlier in the day, I'm pretty sure he was released initially.

Ohhh :facepalm: Good point! Thank you :)

I've read the report several times and still don't quite understand if they had him in custody from 3am on the 2nd (when they found him on the highway) Or if it was from 10.15pm on the 2nd (when he was arrested for shoplifting)

Exactly ... My point stated above . Makes no sense that they found him at 3am on Sept 2 and didn't arrest him for shoplifting until 10:15pm on Sept 2?

<modsnip>

I had a brother that was a drug addict. He was arrested for several things, none violent, mostly identity theft. My children were around him all the time. For one, I knew my baby brother and two he never came around messed up. That being said, had he and a child of mine came up missing, I would have reported that instantly to the police. Because until something proved differently, I would assume that they were both missing. I can't understand even if they didn't think he would hurt Bella, why wouldn't they mention him? Please be kind, my brother died of a Heroin overdose, and we are all still devastated.

Furthermore , he was posting on FB and texting people during the day on Sept 2. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed in jail .

I saw the post. It was posted with a link to an article, but when I went to the article, I didn't see anything about the condition of the house. The article was about the arrest of the perp.

It was said in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member