Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most parents I know with school-aged children would prepare the next day's lunch during the day/evening before school and ensure the children were in bed at a reasonable time prior to going to school the next day. Not have friends round to eat food earmarked for the kids' lunches then run out in the middle of the night to buy replacement snacks while the children were still up and left in the company of others. JMO though... I evidently have a very different circle of friends to this crowd.

I am not defending the lifestyle .. it might make for bad parenting but certainly it is not cause for to infer criminal actions on the part of the parent. These seems to be parents who enjoy having people over and partying. Priorities, priorities. Drugs take center stage for such folks, although I am aware of druggies who maintained sharp focus on their children and managed to separate illicit indulgences from their family responsibilities. That seems not to be the case here.

RE: snacks/lunches

On the Justice for Bella fb page, Bella's elementary school teacher has posted. I will paraphrase what she has said. Bella has NEVER brought lunch or snacks to school and she has never met or spoken to TG.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682551708503218/

Mods pls delete if not allowed.

ETA: posts are under the from fox10

On Facebook page referenced above... There is a screen shot of a tweet of Mayor Jack Hakim...

He reports (In my own words) that Diamond and Sons Funeral Home has paid ALL costs for Bella's funeral/cremation...

JMO...

How long ago should it have been? A day? A week? A month? To some it might seem odd, but not everyone plays life to strict schedules and plans ahead days at a time.

They had just had friends over for a party. We might reasonably assume they ate snacks during the party and perhaps had devoured every last morsel .. and therefore, to keep her kids happy with surprises in their lunches she decided to trip on over to Wal-Mart to buy more snacks.

Yeah, true. However hosting a "party" on a school night and having a deranged dude in the house is not good.

I wonder what kind of party it was... Birthday? Engagement?

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26463107/mother-on-childs-accused-killer-i-trusted-him

per link above:

Quote: "Grogan said Rector had been close to the family for years, even watching the girls several times in the past."

this is concerning to me that the girls had been left with a known animal strangler several times in the past.

I also cannot help but wonder if there had been some other "grooming" and/or "activities" in the past...

JMO

Is step grandma actually common law step grandma? Makes you wonder how invested she was in the care of Bella and her sister. It was posted up thread that the children were recently reunited w/mom two months ago. Where has CPS been these last 2 months. Did CPS perform home visits prior to reuniting this dysfunctional family? Even though it's too late to rescue Bella, CPS needs to be investigated.

Yeah, true. However hosting a "party" on a school night and having a deranged dude in the house is not good.

It was Labor Day, a national holiday. Many people use those holidays as a excuse to drink, (and/or do drugs), eat crappy food and generally act stupid setting off fireworks.

IMO... Bella and her sister would have qualified for the Reduce/Free Lunch program and breakfast program. I don't believe mom would be using her "funds" on school lunches.

Is step grandma actually common law step grandma? Makes you wonder how invested she was in the care of Bella and her sister. It was posted up thread that the children were recently reunited w/mom two months ago. Where has CPS been these last 2 months. Did CPS perform home visits prior to reuniting this dysfunctional family? Even though it's too late to rescue Bella, CPS needs to be investigated.

I don't think anyone knows for certain if TG and RF are legally married, just living together, considered common law, etc. (modsnip)

My hats off to anyone who has kicked a drug habit. I'm seriously proud of anyone who escaped and who are recovering.

I don't believe for a moment TG and RF were at Walmart buy school lunch snacks for 90 minutes. But, let's pretend they were, for a moment. One of the first things I'd do were I investigating this case, is verify that claim by a.) getting a warrant for the security footage at the store and b.) speak to Bella's teacher (and the sister's teacher as well) about what kind of things she normally took to school for her lunch. I have no doubt LE have already done both.

Grade school teachers almost always know which kids bring junk, which kids are on the free lunch/hot lunch programs, which kids bring healthy stuff, etc. There are just way too many holes in the ever changing stories.

I am assuming this is said tongue in cheek. This is a subculture that exists in every community. I can look around my own and point out at least five families exactly like this. This is no party that requires baby quiches and two hours of housecleaning to host. This is an opportunistic scramble to acquire whatever money it takes to score whatever the drug of choice is in town JMO. This is a generational thing (nature/nurture).
This terrible case is one that has been taken to the extreme and it is way beyond tragic. All the interviews with TG are excruciating to watch with all the backpedalling and ever changing stories to self excuse her behavior. Just be aware that these families and extended families exist everywhere. If just a small intervention can happen to change this cycle for any of these kids it is a lifesaver. CPS isn't always a solution but an act of awareness can go a long way.

I don't believe for a moment TG and RF were at Walmart buy school lunch snacks for 90 minutes. But, let's pretend they were, for a moment. One of the first things I'd do were I investigating this case, is verify that claim by a.) getting a warrant for the security footage at the store and b.) speak to Bella's teacher (and the sister's teacher as well) about what kind of things she normally took to school for her lunch. I have no doubt LE have already done both.

Grade school teachers almost always know which kids bring junk, which kids are on the free lunch/hot lunch programs, which kids bring healthy stuff, etc. There are just way too many holes in the ever changing stories.

They would also have the purchased items and possibly receipt!

[video]http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26463107/mother-on-childs-accused-killer-i-trusted-him[/video]

Grogan said Rector never showed signs of aggression until recently. She said his ex-girlfriend recently filed police reports accusing him of strangling her pets.

"Something triggered in his head, and he just got off on strangling, I guess. He strangled my daughter to death. That's how she died," Grogan said.

So, she left her daughters with a guy who strangled animals? I suppose, in her mind, their "years" of friendship and trust overrode any kind of common sense.

This sickens me. Keep talking, mama (small m), you're digging the hole deeper and deeper every time you open your mouth.
:devil:

Apologies if this has already been posted

The tangled web 8-year old murder victim Bella Grogan-Cannella lived in

http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/local/arizona/2014/09/06/15184099/

Oh, it gets more and more tangled the closer you look. Poor Bella goes missing late Monday night/early Tuesday morning. She's found deceased Wednesday and the very next day dear charming step-dad who takes mom to Walmart for school lunch snacks at 11pm on a school night (for 90 minutes or so)... is arraigned in Mohave Co. for theft, theft of a firearm and misconduct with a weapon, for his part in a city-wide burglary ring. http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_6e9d7628-3404-11e4-a9ac-001a4bcf887a.html

I just have to question, were there ANY law-abiding citizens in this little girl's life??

Apologies if this has already been posted

The tangled web 8-year old murder victim Bella Grogan-Cannella lived in

http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/local/arizona/2014/09/06/15184099/

Ok-I'm new to this case but come on....this is yet ANOTHER case of an innocent child becoming the victim of their parents criminal and apathetic child rearing behavior.The "husband" standing there shirtless with his tattoos is ridiculous -this is a serious situation(understatement of the year) can't he put a shirt on? And before somebody says I"m being biased etc.. I have tattoos my lifestyle is not conventional BUT.. when you have children you MUST protect them and it's not about money or social standing this is insane -those girls didn't stand a chance.

I have not read anything about the mom or step dad being employed. I wonder if they have free lunch in AZ schools for children, then no snacks would be needed. The only victim I see is Bella and her sibling.

ANother poster had wondered if there was a connection to this ring, and they were right !

We can discuss what's in the MSM, Statements from LE, etc., etc.

Bella's mother, herself, has given us plenty we can talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member