Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess this site isn't quite what I thought it would be. I was looking for a site to discuss missing persons cases away from social media so as not to offend or upset victims and their families. It seems to me most just want to wrap things up in comfortable manner and put them away.

It looks like you're fairly new so maybe you aren't as familiar with the site. Try reading threads about people who are actively missing. You will find more theories and speculations in them. It can be overwhelming and fascinating what people come up with and the connections they make, or the news and information they find. WS has a rule about blaming and sleuthing victims though, so you won't find any of that here.

I guess this site isn't quite what I thought it would be. I was looking for a site to discuss missing persons cases away from social media so as not to offend or upset victims and their families. It seems to me most just want to wrap things up in comfortable manner and put them away.

Victims and their families do read here.

BBM

Actually, that "observation" is as far from the truth as you can get, and quite unfair to most members who stick with cases for years until they are solved.

Some solved cases continue to be discussed because members have very obvious reasons disagree with LE, such as Rebecca Zahau's "suicide" over which her family filed suit.

Discussion involves being willing to explain your reasoning in answer to the information people present about their point of view. Often, I see another member's point of view and adjust my own because of their reasoning. I don't see that happening here.

This discussion is visible to the public, including victims and families, and has already offended at least one member who has connections to LDS.

JMO

This is not the first news site to report Jerold was found 60 miles away from camp. And strangely enough 60 miles is about how far it is to the only FS240 i could find i and it's near Mormon Lake http://www.benchmarkreporter.com/fi...izona-after-going-missing-for-five-days/8320/

Reporting error. They were camping about 60 miles from Colorado City. He was found about 4 miles from the campsite as MSM reported. What does "Mormon Lake" have to do with anything?

Williams, from Colorado City, Ariz., was with a group of 20 friends and family at the campsite about 60 miles away in Kaibab National Forest.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...old-found-dead-days-missing-article-1.2321230

Here's the area Jerold was camping in. FR241 is right there but I could not locate FR240, the road he supposedly walk out to. He was found under 4 miles from camp as the crow flies and more than 8 miles by road. They don't say where he came out onto FS 240.

attachment.php
It is 8 miles by FS road but do we know that there are no other smaller ATV/horse/jeep trails that may intersect and connect those roads that he might have gone on?

This is not the first news site to report Jerold was found 60 miles away from camp. And strangely enough 60 miles is about how far it is to the only FS240 i could find i and it's near Mormon Lake http://www.benchmarkreporter.com/fi...izona-after-going-missing-for-five-days/8320/

The article gives no source for the information.

Also, I thought this was funny. From Facebook:

"Benchmark Reporter is an independent news media covering the latest news on a daily bases."

I'd say that's a fair assessment. On this site you will find thousands of threads dedicated to children and adults who've been missing for decades; and murder victims, the killers of whom have escaped justice for up to forty years or longer, in some instances; not to mention the many unidentified victims who await names. When a tragedy can be resolved expediently -- as in this case -- and grieving families are spared the added heartache and bewilderment of lingering unanswered questions, you're darn right the majority of members are relieved. No shame there.

There's plenty of room for good sleuthing in the threads I mentioned above. Perhaps you'd like to review some of them in Cold Cases, The Unidentified, or even the Serial Killer forum. And don't let me forget Missing but Not Forgotten. Fresh eyes are always appreciated there, too.

I've been reading on hiking with children and from what I've read there is no way this tiny little boy made it 4 miles over rough terrain. Some 7 year olds could manage a 4 mile hike on a clean trail with an adult and plenty of breaks.

Here is a map I made up way back in the beginning. It's been revised now to show the road he walked away from the camp on (FR 241) and the road that he was eventually found on (FR240).

He simply found his way back to the main road (241) after separating from his mother, and walked in the wrong direction, further from the camp with each step. He was eventually found curled up and dead at the end of FR 240.

Here is the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

Zoom in and out with the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on the screen.

Here is a map I made up way back in the beginning. It's been revised now to show the road he walked away from the camp on (FR 241) and the road that he was eventually found on (FR240).

He simply found his way back to the main road (241) after separating from his mother, and walked in the wrong direction, further from the camp with each step. He was eventually found curled up and dead at the end of FR 240.

Here is the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

Zoom in and out with the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on the screen.

That's a great map. Thanks Steelman. I wonder if when Jerold arrived at FR240 if it might have presented more of a clearing which might have been why he chose that direction instead of continuing on FR241.

I'd like to add a little postscript to Jerold's story. I came across an article about a memorial to the FLDS members who died in the flash flood in Utah last month. Near the end of the article was this:

Colorado City Mayor Joseph Allred was the final speaker of the memorial. He sang a song and dedicated it to Tyson. He also talked about losing his 5-year-old son, Jerold Joseph Williams, a boy who was found dead of exposure in the Kaibab National Forest in August after becoming separeated from his family and going missing for several days.

"These experiences are what the Lord gives us and we're grateful. We have the bright hope of meeting him again and enjoying his loving embrace," he said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-3-moms-killed-in-Hildale-floods.html?pg=all

I'll make no comments on the article. I just wanted to share the information I found about Jerold's family since LE was so secretive.

Thanks for posting this. Now I have lots of questions, but they can't be discussed here. Poor little Jerold. :(

I'd like to add a little postscript to Jerold's story. I came across an article about a memorial to the FLDS members who died in the flash flood in Utah last month. Near the end of the article was this:

Colorado City Mayor Joseph Allred was the final speaker of the memorial. He sang a song and dedicated it to Tyson. He also talked about losing his 5-year-old son, Jerold Joseph Williams, a boy who was found dead of exposure in the Kaibab National Forest in August after becoming separeated from his family and going missing for several days.

"These experiences are what the Lord gives us and we're grateful. We have the bright hope of meeting him again and enjoying his loving embrace," he said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-3-moms-killed-in-Hildale-floods.html?pg=all

I'll make no comments on the article. I just wanted to share the information I found about Jerold's family since LE was so secretive.

So Jerold's father is Mayor Joseph Allred who is alledged to have married a 15-year-old. I don't give a rats @$$ if that is his religion, it is illegal. So this man is an alleged criminal. Poor Jerold.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It's sooooooo tempting to start sleuthing and posting information about the Dad. I spent considerable time last night sleuthing. The whole FLDS thing is sinister IMO. But TOS prohibits posting this stuff. He is considered a victim in the disappearance of his son. So I guess we have to sit on our hands. Mine keep trying to get to the keyboard! Sit! Stay!

It's sooooooo tempting to start sleuthing and posting information about the Dad. I spent considerable time last night sleuthing. The whole FLDS thing is sinister IMO. But TOS prohibits posting this stuff. He is considered a victim in the disappearance of his son. So I guess we have to sit on our hands. Mine keep trying to get to the keyboard! Sit! Stay!

Does WS have a smilie for "sitting on hands " as that would be a very popular one ;)

So Jerold's father is Mayor Joseph Allred who is alledged to have married a 15-year-old. I don't give a rats @$$ if that is his religion, it is illegal. So this man is an alleged criminal. Poor Jerold.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Why does he have a different last name?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why does he have a different last name?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The moms have to be viewed as "single moms" in order to defraud the welfare system...in many FLDS/rogue polygamists groups. Idk if that's the deal here or not.

I'm remembering the Tom Green family of tabloid tv fame a decade or so ago?

Such crap...part of the original "intent" behind LDS polygamy (well okay probably more of a smokescreen to hide the nefariousness) was to ensure widows and spinster-types were "taken care of," which is dumb, of course, as one can offer and provide help without having to marry the person, but that defeats the actual nefarious purposes. Anyway, big tangent totally off topic. Big button for me, obviously.

Such crap...part of the original "intent" behind LDS polygamy (well okay probably more of a smokescreen to hide the nefariousness) was to ensure widows and spinster-types were "taken care of," which is dumb, of course, as one can offer and provide help without having to marry the person, but that defeats the actual nefarious purposes. Anyway, big tangent totally off topic. Big button for me, obviously.
Remember that back in the 19th century and earlier on, to have children of your own was seen as a way for people to ensure that they were to have help and support when they grew old, and in a society where there were more single women than men, and an environment where hard physical labour probably were needed, it makes sense in a weird way to accept polygamy as a way to see to the birth of many children within what was considered as legal marriage by the group. Today those reasons for polygamy doesn't exist anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back