Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a sweet face and smile. I hope he is found soon.

Does anyone think this is where they might be? It says it's 13.5 miles south of Jacob Lake which closely matches what has been stated and it's off FR 241.

Southern Trailhead:* Telephone Hill*
- GPS Coordinates:**36.55147° N, 112.17560° W
- Access:*About 13.5 miles south of Jacob Lake on AZ 67, look for a sign pointing to FR 429 on the west side. Do not turn right onto FR 429, but instead turn left (east) onto FR 241. In 0.1 miles, the AZT crosses the road, but there is no parking here. Continue another 0.1 miles to a little campsite on the left, where you may be able to park.

http://www.aztrail.org/passages/pass_41.html

ETA: Im fairly certain this is where they were camping. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this link about the Arizona Trail. I agree that the southern trailhead is in the area where the group was camping. IMO
It's interesting that the the Arizona Trail parallels Hwy 67 and comes out north east of Jacob Lake. :thinking:

I have also heard that they are allowing the locals that know the area to join the search. I believe they started that on Saturday. Everyone that is second guessing these searchers need to realize that not everything is made public. These folks are doing everything they can to find this little guy.

Respectfully, then would you please post a link to the camp SITE where they were camping when Jerold went missing so we can become unconfused?

I don't think there's a specific website for the actual campsite but a few of us linked to camping guide info about the probable site.

Does anyone think this is where they might be? It says it's 13.5 miles south of Jacob Lake which closely matches what has been stated and it's off FR 241.

Southern Trailhead:* Telephone Hill*
- GPS Coordinates:**36.55147° N, 112.17560° W
- Access:*About 13.5 miles south of Jacob Lake on AZ 67, look for a sign pointing to FR 429 on the west side. Do not turn right onto FR 429, but instead turn left (east) onto FR 241. In 0.1 miles, the AZT crosses the road, but there is no parking here. Continue another 0.1 miles to a little campsite on the left, where you may be able to park.

http://www.aztrail.org/passages/pass_41.html

ETA: Im fairly certain this is where they were camping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I think you've got it. It seems to match what's been previously found.

While true, unfortunately, a full tummy often doesn't prevent mountain lions from hunting for more . . . . Much more than they could possibly eat! IOW, cougars constantly stalk and hunt whether hungry or not. When an opportunity presents itself, the cougar takes it, full tummy or not.

This particular area is a prized area for deer and mountain lion hunts because they are so prevelant in area 12A.

Yes. Lions will hunt when not hungry. But I'm not finding that mountain lion hunts are that successful in 12A (except what hunting guide companies say). Just that the population is robust and that if you want to hunt them, go to the large canyons and rocky areas. That's not where this family was.

https://azgfdportal.az.gov/hunting/units/flagstaff/12a

It certainly becomes more of a possibility though as time goes on.

Nothing conclusive has been found so far in the search for Jerold. Family members of the boy said Sunday night that searchers found a child’s footprints, but it is unknown whether they were Jerold’s.

An area was also found where somebody had bedded down for the night; but, again, it is not known at this time whether that somebody was the little boy.

“We found a place where someone slept,” Blair said. “We can’t say with any certainty at this point that it was the missing child. We found several things that could be related to him but maybe not. … But we take all that into account. But considering the fact that it may be connected to him, we’ll concentrate our efforts in those areas. But we really have no concrete things that we’ve found yet that tells us, yes, this is definitely our child and this is where he went, so that’s been real frustrating.”

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story...or-5-year-old-Jerold--family-asks-for-prayers

Lots more at the link.

It would be really unfortunate if the shoe print is not Jerolds and the search focused more in the area it was found.

Personally, I don't think 12 miles is that far for a 5 year old over a 4 day period.

If you think about the 4 hour delay in the 911 call, he could have been miles away before the call came in. Even if he only walked 2 mph, he could have been 8 miles away before 911 was called. And 2 mph is pretty dang slow, my super slow poke 5 y/o does 2 mph at his pokey pace in flip flops that he's learning to walk in.

The "tracks" as they were described were found early on in the search, as far as I know nothing discussed here has been confirmed about them. It has not even been confirmed that they are relevant to this search to the best of my knowledge. I'm not going to say more because I don't think it is supposed to even be discussed here. (ie Does the fact that MSM has reported a shoeprint was found open up discussion on anything related to the shoeprint?)

Oh my goodness. We aren't on to mountain lions here too are we?

Nothing conclusive has been found so far in the search for Jerold. Family members of the boy said Sunday night that searchers found a child’s footprints, but it is unknown whether they were Jerold’s.

An area was also found where somebody had bedded down for the night; but, again, it is not known at this time whether that somebody was the little boy.

“We found a place where someone slept,” Blair said. “We can’t say with any certainty at this point that it was the missing child. We found several things that could be related to him but maybe not. … But we take all that into account. But considering the fact that it may be connected to him, we’ll concentrate our efforts in those areas. But we really have no concrete things that we’ve found yet that tells us, yes, this is definitely our child and this is where he went, so that’s been real frustrating.”

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story...or-5-year-old-Jerold--family-asks-for-prayers

Lots more at the link.
Why can't they take dogs to these areas and track him? That has to be extremely frustrating to find clues like this and not know for sure. Time is running out - they need to find him TODAY!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

FLDS broke away from the established Mormon church, they consider themselves Mormons but have no affiliation with the Mormon church that most people are familiar with.

(when you type/say Mormon a bunch of times in a row it starts to sound silly)

Here is the updated missing poster from the Coconino Country SD. They also state that inclement weather is moving back into the area but they are continuing the search.
View attachment 79771

I'm surprised and glad they have such a clear photo of him now! What a doll. Please God, let him be found!

Lots more at the link.

Great article. Thank you!

I don't think there's a specific website for the actual campsite but a few of us linked to camping guide info about the probable site.

I think you've got it. It seems to match what's been previously found.

Yes. Lions will hunt when not hungry. But I'm not finding that mountain lion hunts are that successful in 12A (except what hunting guide companies say). Just that the population is robust and that if you want to hunt them, go to the large canyons and rocky areas. That's not where this family was.

https://azgfdportal.az.gov/hunting/units/flagstaff/12a

Since I used the same government source to get the information I posted about Area 12A, we must be interpreting the information differently. Also, way down near the bottom, it references the camp sites at Jacob Lake as well as the undeveloped ones others have posted up thread, as places to camp while hunting area 12! So, according to this site https://azgfdportal.az.gov/hunting/units/flagstaff/12a
it IS the "area" where the family was recreating.

As to good hunting in Area 12A, as a matter of fact, it seems as the numbers of lions are SO robust, it advises those who are planning to buy a deer tag to consider buying a lion tag as well.

Now, to be clear, I haven't posted an opinion or even a suggestion that a mountain lion took little Jerold, though others have. Are lions in this area in significant numbers, as residents and migratory? Yes they are. Could a lion be a likely abductor of Jerold, yes it could.

Lots more at the link.

Putting aside the topic of lions (please) for the moment, thanks for linking this MsMarple. From reading that it sounds to me like LE & helpers are doing everything in their power to find Jerold. And it's reassuring to know that just because the sun has set that doesn't mean the searches have stopped. Although having said that, I'm surprised that the "military aircraft, equipped with specialty devices" haven't located his heat source. Unfortunately I can think of a few reasons for that but I really don't want to entertain any of them right now. In 48 hours, if Jerold hasn't been found, I might have to let those thoughts in. In the mean time I am keeping everything crossed that they find Jerold alive :please:

I would hope they looked at every person that was camping in that group also!

O/T

[ P.S. My daughter is on a road trip through the Grand Canyon...She said I am scaring her boyfriend...last night I told them to be sure to watch for Little Jer, when they hike in to the canyon. Then today, when I found out they were in the South Rim, I told them to watcxh for the 21 yr old that went missing weeks ago and may have killed himself there....and of course, I told them about the couple that died on the hike to White Sands because they had no water to drink...." MOM< STOP, you are scaring my boyfriend, he will think we are :nuts: !" :blush:]

We just hit 96 hours. :( Please, please let Jerold have the stamina to hang in there.

In regards to them saying they found a place where someone slept....how exactly can they tell something like this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back