Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was really hoping I would come back after the weekend to find he was found UGH

"From what members of his Search and Rescue Team who assisted in the search Friday said, it sounds like pretty heavy forest, Alldredge said, maybe a lot of downed trees in the area that made it kind of hard to work their way through."

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-old-jerold-williams-jacob-lake/#.VcjBlSzbKM9

if it is heavy forest, how did they chase grasshoppers that a local, cbanning, said weren't around much this season?

and if it wasn't dense at all, a cleared area, how did she lose sight of him?

maybe I'm the one who's dense...

"From what members of his Search and Rescue Team who assisted in the search Friday said, it sounds like pretty heavy forest, Alldredge said, maybe a lot of downed trees in the area that made it kind of hard to work their way through."

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-old-jerold-williams-jacob-lake/#.VcjBlSzbKM9

if it is heavy forest, how did they chase grasshoppers that a local, cbanning, said weren't around much this season?

and if it wasn't dense at all, a cleared area, how did she lose sight of him?

maybe I'm the one who's dense...

Here's a link for the campground itself. Lots of interesting information:

http://www.dto.com/camping/planForestLocation/38677/4

I don't know how close to the "town" of Jacob Lake and the campground cbanning lives, but grasshoppers can very likely be in one area and not the other. I have no reason to believe little Jerold wasn't chasing grasshoppers. That's what my grandson would be doing. JMO

Also, weren't Jerold and his mother actually quite a distance from the area where they had set up camp?

This little guy needs to be found! I hate it when anybody goes missing but a young child just reminds me of my students (I teach 1st grade) and it hurts my heart.

Can anyone tell me where this family is from ?

So if his foot print was found 12 miles away, that would wipe out the idea that a mountain lion (or any animal) snatched him. Also, if he was handed off by the mother to get him out of the church (as speculated earlier) they wouldn't still be walking for 12 miles would they? And even if they were still walking, there would be two sets of foot prints.

This means to me that he just wandered away and is lost.

So if his foot print was found 12 miles away, that would wipe out the idea that a mountain lion (or any animal) snatched him. Also, if he was handed off by the mother to get him out of the church (as speculated earlier) they wouldn't still be walking for 12 miles would they? And even if they were still walking, there would be two sets of foot prints.

I don't think him going missing was intentional either, but he needs to be found soon. Too long without water!

Here's a link for the campground itself. Lots of interesting information:

http://www.dto.com/camping/planForestLocation/38677/4

I don't know how close to the "town" of Jacob Lake and the campground cbanning lives, but grasshoppers can very likely be in one area and not the other. I have no reason to believe little Jerold wasn't chasing grasshoppers. That's what my grandson would be doing. JMO

Also, weren't Jerold and his mother actually quite a distance from the area where they had set up camp?

That is NOT the campground! They were camping at an "unimproved" campground that is about 12 miles south of Jacob Lake along FR 241. http://freecampsites.net/#!17325&query=sitedetails

I think some people think they're wasting the time of LE and EMT's to call for a search and think they want to exhaust ALL possibilities prior to that. I would imagine that LE would much rather be called sooner than later and arrive to find that the child was found by family and happy ending and they go on about their day , than to arrive so late to the scene the trail is cold. So sad. Be brave little one !

In this case, the 4 hour delay in calling is likely because they are FLDS and used to handling things themselves. Members of the FLDS generally avoid law enforcement and other government agencies. IMO

That is NOT the campground! They were camping at an "unimproved" campground that is about 12 miles south of Jacob Lake along FR 241. http://freecampsites.net/#!17325&query=sitedetails

I didn't say it was their camp site, I said it is the Jacob Lake campground. This gives us a general idea as to the area and it's surroundings. There's probably grasshoppers there too, no?

In this case, the 4 hour delay in calling is likely because they are FLDS and used to handling things themselves. Members of the FLDS generally avoid law enforcement and other government agencies. IMO

Respectfully BBM.

That is very true. I don't see anything odd regarding the time frame considering they are FLDS. Most people wouldn't wait that long to call, but they are not like most people.

I'd say the pictures provided are our best bet in describing the area, and finding Lonzie, versus relying on semantics.

A few days ago I posted a link that describes Kaibab Forest and the North Rim. It actually is very dense but there are some open recreational areas as well. There are some reviews by those who have spent a lot of time in the Jacob Lake area and they have described it as I would expect a forest to be. JMO

Ive seen the photos, read the descriptions and been in the area myself. I'm used to the Pacific Northwest, and am familiar with east coast forests and southern swamp areas. Perhaps that's why I wouldn't describe this area as dense.

I'm not familiar with the area but are there even trees in this forest? The Arizona I've seen doesn't even have what I'd call trees just asking

Yes, we have a lot of pine trees up along the rim and points north and east.

Just jumping in because I had a thought...

I apologize if it is "off track" where it lands on this thread...

I am trying to envision what I would do,in this situation (my missing child)

Perhaps I would notify the rangers of the specific area first... As they presumably are knowledgable about the terrain, climate, etc... And they have vehicles and tools "at the ready"... And are probably closer to the campsite. Than LE is..

If this family first notified the rangers... Would the rangers then notify LE after there has been a precursors search?

Just wondering...

Oh... And do we know if the closest pit toilets (or closest pottie places) have been checked/drained? (I suppose they have been checked)...

All... JMO...would the rangers then call 9-1-1 a

I don't understand why you think the distance of the footprint would tend to wipe out an attack by an animal at some later time. Also, wouldn't we expect to find two footprints anyway? Wouldn't there just have to be more than one footprint no matter what, if, in fact, the footprint found is actually Jerold's. One footprint in the middle of a forest makes no sense (to me). Is there a link for the footprint finding information? TIA

I didn't say it was their camp site, I said it is the Jacob Lake campground. This gives us a general idea as to the area and it's surroundings. There's probably grasshoppers there too, no?

Respectfully, posting a link to the wrong campground just confuses people. The campground near Jacob Lake is in a developed area. The one he went missing from is wilderness. IMO they are not comparable.

IMHO it's more like the Sierras than the Pacific Northwest. It reminds me more of the area around 3 Rivers and Kings Canyon in Calif. HTH

Just jumping in because I had a thought...

I apologize if it is "off track" where it lands on this thread...

I am trying to envision what I would do,in this situation (my missing child)

Perhaps I would notify the rangers of the specific area first... As they presumably are knowledgable about the terrain, climate, etc... And they have vehicles and tools "at the ready"... And are probably closer to the campsite. Than LE is..

If this family first notified the rangers... Would the rangers then notify LE after there has been a precursors search?

Just wondering...

Oh... And do we know if the closest pit toilets (or closest pottie places) have been checked/drained? (I suppose they have been checked)...

All... JMO...would the rangers then call 9-1-1 a

They were camping at an "unimproved" campsite. There are no toilets. It sounds like just a very rustic campsite along the side of the road on FSR 241, which is a dirt road. The rangers would not be right there available so they would have to look up the number and call the ranger station. It makes more sense to just call 911.

I don't understand why you think the distance of the footprint would tend to wipe out an attack by an animal at some later time. Also, wouldn't we expect to find two footprints anyway? Wouldn't there just have to be more than one footprint no matter what, if, in fact, the footprint found is actually Jerold's. One footprint in the middle of a forest makes no sense (to me). Is there a link for the footprint finding information? TIA

I guess I didn't word my post right. I meant that finding a foot print 12 miles away eliminates the idea that he was snatched from the original location. I don't know how he would have gone missing that fast and I was thinking an animal snatched him away from his mom's location before hearing about the foot print miles away. So we know he walked 12 miles rather than being taken away by an animal.

I didn't mean he couldn't have been taken later. In my little mind I was picturing an animal snatching him from his mother's location. The foot print wipes that idea out.

He also most likely wouldn't still be walking (12 miles later) if he was handed over to someone. I mean, they "could" still be walking, but not likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back