Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw Joseph missing a few days ago. I've been away and I thought he would be found. Is this considered the 4th day?

Yes....they found the tracks about 36 hours after he disappeared. This kid was walking and moving........trying to find his way back home.

The average adult walks at the pace of about 3 miles per hour, so in 4 hours, you could walk 12 miles.

He walked through the forest for 36 hours.....and went 12 miles. Makes sense.

Don't forget, the first night he was lost, he may have wandered aimlessly all night long. He may have had enough moonlight to follow a dirt road or a fire service road for miles.

Is there a source for this? Other than what is implied downstairs?

Thank You.

The thing that sticks with me is that he was chasing grasshoppers. I live in the same terrain, and we haven't had grasshoppers this year.
What gives me hope is that they are utilizing the Forest Service firefighters. These guys know the area and are use to the harsh terrain. BTW, I asked hubby their success rate on lost folks in our area (coconino national forest) and it is 100%. He did say these were adults though and they are much easier to find.

thanks cbanning for all your local insight...I agree, the grasshoppers just don't make sense to me. eyeing them in that dense a forest area would be difficult enough not to mention chasing them down for the length of two football fields. something doesn't seem right.

leaning towards the theory of a benevolent disappearance, for now...just can't wrap my head around any other possibility at the moment...

12 miles? Oh my goodness. My 8 year old barely made a 4 mile hike yesterday. There was a lot of whining and way too many breaks. I can't imagine him hiking 12 miles. Crazy.

Idk my daughter did a 5k race at 7 she'd been loving to run and jog since kindergarten and she wanted to do this race with no formal practice got 2nd place

I'm not familiar with the area but are there even trees in this forest? The Arizona I've seen doesn't even have what I'd call trees just asking

I'm not familiar with the area but are there even trees in this forest? The Arizona I've seen doesn't even have what I'd call trees just asking
There were images posted in this thread yesterday of the campsite area. Around #247

thanks cbanning for all your local insight...I agree, the grasshoppers just don't make sense to me. eyeing them in that dense a forest area would be difficult enough not to mention chasing them down for the length of two football fields. something doesn't seem right.

leaning towards the theory of a benevolent disappearance, for now...just can't wrap my head around any other possibility at the moment...
It doesn't say he chased grasshoppers for a great distance, but that they were a great distance away from the group when he was chasing grasshoppers. There should be grasshoppers there. Makes perfect sense to me.

I don't know why anyone is saying it's dense. It looks quite sparse to me.

On Google earth images, yes. From ground view level and including current growth, it looks a lot harder to wade through.

Its at higher elevation. There are forests in AZ at higher elevation.

On Google earth images, yes. From ground view level and including current growth, it looks a lot harder to wade through.

I've actually been through the area. Stayed in Williams. And hiked a bit through "denser" areas near there on the way back from the Grand canyon. Nothing like truly dense forest areas. Not to me.

Just like in any forest that offers camping as a recreation, there are open areas that adjoin the heavily forested area.

I've actually been through the area. Stayed in Williams. And hiked a bit through "denser" areas near there on the way back from the Grand canyon. Nothing like truly dense forest areas. Not to me.
I'd say the pictures provided are our best bet in describing the area, and finding Lonzie, versus relying on semantics.

A few days ago I posted a link that describes Kaibab Forest and the North Rim. It actually is very dense but there are some open recreational areas as well. There are some reviews by those who have spent a lot of time in the Jacob Lake area and they have described it as I would expect a forest to be. JMO

Oh no, not another one. :please: be found safe, little man .

The 4 hour wait to call 911 seems mind blowing. My niece went missing for 5 minutes when we were camping and it was terrifying, we were moments away from calling 911.

I think some people think they're wasting the time of LE and EMT's to call for a search and think they want to exhaust ALL possibilities prior to that. I would imagine that LE would much rather be called sooner than later and arrive to find that the child was found by family and happy ending and they go on about their day , than to arrive so late to the scene the trail is cold. So sad. Be brave little one !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back