AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The couple's son said investigators delivered a search warrant to a neighbors home. "I guess they didn't find anything enough to detain him because they released him I mean that was a total surprise that just came out of nowhere." His parents have had some run-ins with these neighbors before.

c3377f48-2c61-46f4-8a78-2093b73bf949-large16x9_JerrySusanMcFallsmissingcourtesyMcFallsfamily012818.JPG

http://kutv.com/news/local/investig...bors-for-clues-leading-to-missing-utah-couple

What a cute picture.

Yes it is

It’s perfectly OK to post a link to that page and to that post (click on the post date and copy and paste the link here). Could someone please do that. Many thanks. :)

It's so sad, they were on the verge of leaving for their other home and distance does wonders for neighborhood conflicts. Stories like this make me appreciate my neighbors!

Complete speculation with the theory that the Neighbor Did It: The neighbor(s) didn't know they were heading out of town and weren't sure how much time he/they had after murdering Jerry and Susan. Otherwise, why not take some valuables? Or stage the crime scene? Did the crime take place outside the residence? In that case, the focus may have been on removing the evidence (bodies) ASAP and no one entered Jerry's and Susan's home.

I still think their bodies are close by, but there is a lot of open space out there. In addition to the good ideas above, I'd be super-curious to know where the neighbor worked and whether the search warrant included the neighbor's vehicles. I hope they processed Jerry and Susan's vehicle since it sounds like anyone with access to the house could have used their vehicle and returned it.

The condition that the house was left in (tv on, dinner being prepped) makes it seem that it took place in the evening. Sunset on January 11 in Littlefield was 5:37 pm. The photos of the residence make it seem that gunshots might draw attention from neighborhood residents, but a scuffle or minor commotion might not. If the neighbor is a next-door neighbor, that makes it even less likely that a commotion would be noticed. It doesn't look like there was much in the way of streetlights, etc.

This certainly sounds like all of you are on the right track, given the little info we have. I hope that cadaver dogs have been deployed, and I'm sorry to have to suggest that. Of course, given the large expansive territory, a search is very challenging. I will look at some aerial maps and see if I can come up with any good suggestions.

Now, going in a completely different direction...(and not very likely), is there anything about this couple's financial situation or any trouble they might have found themselves to be in that would cause them to flee?
I agree that leaving the dogs inside is highly unlikely if they voluntarily bolted.

I would like to point out this older, but relevant DOJ report on the high drug trafficking areas in Arizona. As you can see, where the missing couple lives is considered a high trafficking area, especially for meth.
https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs40/40381/40381p.pdf

AZ.jpg

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Since there were untouched drinks on the counter, and the tv left on, IMO, whatever happened, happened quick. I think they may have been killed somewhere else. I wish we knew the background of the bb gun incident.

Has anyone come across the specific address for Jerry and Susan? I want to see on satellite if there are any worn out paths, that lead to a good dumping area. I hate typing that.

Since there were untouched drinks on the counter, and the tv left on, IMO, whatever happened, happened quick. I think they may have been killed somewhere else. I wish we knew the background of the bb gun incident.

Has anyone come across the specific address for Jerry and Susan? I want to see on satellite if there are any worn out paths, that lead to a good dumping area. I hate typing that.

4300 block, E Willow Road

Get out the drones and look for disturbed earth and/or tire tracks in areas familiar to the neighbor, no matter how far away. McStays deja vu.

Was the bb gun assault reported to police? If so, how stupid would the neighbor be to try something again. He's got to know he'd be POI numero uno.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

What a cute picture.

I was thinking the same thing! They look adorable & happy together!

ETA: OMG I just read about the prior shooting by the neighbor. Now that is absolutely terrifying and I am seriously worried for these two.

Was the bb gun assault reported to police? If so, how stupid would the neighbor be to try something again. He's got to know he'd be POI numero uno.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the probable cause affidavit or search warrant posted anywhere. It seems as though that would be referenced if it were reported.

Good video on Facebook,that the daughter made, from the front porch of her parents home. She makes a short comment about the neighbor. Also some interesting comments throughout the page.

From the video Jan 28:
"Unfortunately with the search of the neighbor’s there was some stuff to look into but nothing significant to tell us to stop searching. The police are obviously doing their work, we’re just doing what we can from our side of things. We can search where we can and so the mass amounts of help and thank you to the people who have reached out to us and sent lunches for all the searchers and waters and resources are all coming together. We’re hoping for more answers today. Keep the tips and leads and anything you got coming in cause right now they’re still ... we’re no closer than we were on day one...."
-- Meridee McFalls

It's so sad, they were on the verge of leaving for their other home and distance does wonders for neighborhood conflicts. Stories like this make me appreciate my neighbors!

Complete speculation with the theory that the Neighbor Did It: The neighbor(s) didn't know they were heading out of town and weren't sure how much time he/they had after murdering Jerry and Susan. Otherwise, why not take some valuables? Or stage the crime scene? Did the crime take place outside the residence? In that case, the focus may have been on removing the evidence (bodies) ASAP and no one entered Jerry's and Susan's home.

I still think their bodies are close by, but there is a lot of open space out there. In addition to the good ideas above, I'd be super-curious to know where the neighbor worked and whether the search warrant included the neighbor's vehicles. I hope they processed Jerry and Susan's vehicle since it sounds like anyone with access to the house could have used their vehicle and returned it.

The condition that the house was left in (tv on, dinner being prepped) makes it seem that it took place in the evening. Sunset on January 11 in Littlefield was 5:37 pm.
The photos of the residence make it seem that gunshots might draw attention from neighborhood residents, but a scuffle or minor commotion might not. If the neighbor is a next-door neighbor, that makes it even less likely that a commotion would be noticed. It doesn't look like there was much in the way of streetlights, etc.

bbm On the fb page in the post from Jan 30 the admin asks "What happened on January 11th after 3pm?" Maybe that was the last time someone saw or spoke to them? So yes, it might have been dark when they were taken or killed (if that's what happened).

In the beginning it was said there was no sign of foul play in the house or on the property, so maybe they were forced at gun point into a vehicle and driven elsewhere? That could be the reason noone heard any shots.

I'm still wondering about the neighbor. Nothing was taken. Nothing. Seems personal. IMO

If the address given above is accurate, their property is very close to Interstate I-15, looks easy off/on at that location. Some businesses nearby as well as a few homes. Looks like a funky little area but sparsely populated. It seems like people would notice strange happenings.

If you look at the KUTV video linked above, you can see the highway in the background as the reporter films the search going on at the McFalls residence. ETA: It might be the Good4Utah video link because I mention the highway in an earlier post above. I can't play the videos right now so can't confirm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back