Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #4 *J. Hunter guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking a lot of Jhessye lately too. When I see a beautiful picture like this it just reinforced the tragic irony of her story. How loved and well cared for she was by extended family, and how horrible her life became at the hands of her very own mother. Please find this precious child and bring her monster of a "mother" to justice,

There has to be a way to make this worthwhile for LE to pursue. Maybe there is a grant of some kind out there, or the DOJ can pick up the tab? These kids need some kind of closure and some reassurance that mom will not get away with this.

Bumping for Jhessye!!

301332x.jpg

What a cute photo!

My heart aches for her cousins. How they must miss her!

There has to be a way to make this worthwhile for LE to pursue. Maybe there is a grant of some kind out there, or the DOJ can pick up the tab? These kids need some kind of closure and some reassurance that mom will not get away with this.

I don't think it's all about the cost of searching the landfill. I think there are some concerns about searching but not finding Jhessye.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...rs-challenge-proving-murder-without-body.html

If the other evidence GPD has is purely circumstantial and the strongest evidence would be finding her body there and they don't, what then? As convinced as I am that Jerice killed Jhessye and disposed of her, I understand the effect this could have for jurors. In the post CA era, reasonable doubt has a whole new meaning.

That said, AZ has successfully prosecuted a couple of "no body" cases. Jaime Laiaddee most recently ... http://phoenixcriminallawnews.com/2011/11/boyfriend-found-guilty-of-murdering-jamie-laiaddee.html

It's a horrible situation and heartbreaking to even entertain the thought that our Jhessye may be in that landfill but unrecoverable. I honestly do not know how Jerice can live with herself. I find myself wondering what she thinks and visualizes as she is drifting off to sleep each night. I hope it's like a movie in her mind that she cannot fast forward or turn off, I hope it tortures her in the worst way imaginable.

I don't think it's all about the cost of searching the landfill. I think there are some concerns about searching but not finding Jhessye.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...rs-challenge-proving-murder-without-body.html

If the other evidence GPD has is purely circumstantial and the strongest evidence would be finding her body there and they don't, what then? As convinced as I am that Jerice killed Jhessye and disposed of her, I understand the effect this could have for jurors. In the post CA era, reasonable doubt has a whole new meaning.

That said, AZ has successfully prosecuted a couple of "no body" cases. Jaime Laiaddee most recently ... http://phoenixcriminallawnews.com/2011/11/boyfriend-found-guilty-of-murdering-jamie-laiaddee.html

It's a horrible situation and heartbreaking to even entertain the thought that our Jhessye may be in that landfill but unrecoverable. I honestly do not know how Jerice can live with herself. I find myself wondering what she thinks and visualizes as she is drifting off to sleep each night. I hope it's like a movie in her mind that she cannot fast forward or turn off, I hope it tortures her in the worst way imaginable.

BBM. It took one year for Jaime's murderer to be indicted. I won't mind if it takes one year for jerice to be brought to trial, as long as Jhessye obtains the justice she deserves.

Fulginiti said she hopes the public will consider how much authorities will dedicate themselves to the effort ahead, whether they are successful or not.

"The people involved in the investigation are pouring their lives into it and they feel 100 times more strongly about finding Jhessye than anyone else in the world," she said. "If they could magically part the trash and find her body, they would do it but there are practical matters and it's hard to explain how overwhelming a search like this is."
GPD has my respect and admiration, I gave always felt they were strong advocates for Jhessye.

I realize they may never find Jhessye's body but wouldn't the testimony of her sister be useful for a conviction? Have they found any evidence or did Jerice destroy all the evidence?

I wonder if they could use some civilians to help?

Iirc, the last time a landfill was searched in the Phoenix area, most of the searching was done by off-duty LE who volunteered their time. LE appreciated offers of assistance from the general public, but most people couldn't be involved in the landfill search because they didn't have police training. I think it was the search for baby Gabriel, but I could be wrong.

I realize they may never find Jhessye's body but wouldn't the testimony of her sister be useful for a conviction? Have they found any evidence or did Jerice destroy all the evidence?

Nothing has been said about what GPD found in that search at Jerice's apartment. Waiting for lab results is all we have heard ... I doubt we will will hear anything about the results. Matter of fact, I bet we won't hear anything more from LE until after the search is completed, other than generic updates.

I was comforted by that snippet I posted above. GPD is dedicated to finding justice for Jhessye, however that ends up happening.

The San Antonio Landfill was searched for Baby Gabriel and was unsuccessful, thank goodness. I pray this lil angels is found. I wish LE would release if the cadaver dogs hit in the house. I am guessing it did or they would not be looking in the landfill.

GPD has my respect and admiration, I gave always felt they were strong advocates for Jhessye.

I agree with you. GPD has done an admirable job with this case. It has to be very stressful on them because a young child is missing and most likely dead at the hands of her mother. They want justice for her, and that's what keeps them going.

That's one of the reasons I was so mad at Shirley with all her insinuations about race being an issue.

Exactly EllaMae!! It wouldn't be easy to hear those kinds of allegations, made by Jhessye's own family no less. GPD have worked their tails off, sure many have spent long hours investigating, with time away from their own families. I'll bet this case has became intensely personal for many of them.

checkin to see if anything is new!!

I wish there was something new.

Poor little Jhessye....lost in a landfill. No one deserves that, but especially not an innocent child.

I wish there was a way to make Jerice get out there and dig through all that trash to find her daughter. She should be the one taking all the risk, and enduring all the unpleasant sights and smells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead