Found Deceased AZ - Kelly Paduchowski, 45, went for a run & swim, Flagstaff, 30 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Flagstaff Police Department held a joint press conference on Friday afternoon to talk about the resolution of the case of Kelly Paduchowski, a Flagstaff woman who was reported missing by her husband on Sunday. Police later apprehended her husband and he eventually pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in exchange for information about the case.

During the course of the search, investigators interviewed family members, witnesses and processed evidence resulting in Daniel’s arrest for aggravated assault and possession of dangerous drugs. Reports indicate neighbors heard an argument between Daniel and Kelly. They then saw Kelly lying face-down, motionless with Daniel on top of her. Police say during that time, no one called 9-1-1. Flagstaff Police say the community played a vital role in the search for Kelly and thanked everyone who helped try to find her. :(

To watch the video of the press conference in its entirety, click here:

To read the plea agreement, click here:
Remains Of Missing Flagstaff Woman Found Friday, Her Husband Pleads Guilty To Second-Degree Murder

The Flagstaff Police Department held a joint press conference on Friday afternoon to talk about the resolution of the case of Kelly Paduchowski, a Flagstaff woman who was reported missing by her husband on Sunday. Police later apprehended her husband and he eventually pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in exchange for information about the case.

At about 10:44, the officer is asked if there were 911 calls about the struggle in the back yard. He hesitates and says no.

Please tell me he didn't get a lighter sentence because he told LE where the body was. I understand the family needs closure, etc. but I also do NOT fathom how someone can commit homicide and then get "points" for disclosing where they put the body. Doesn't seem like 16 years is very long for snuffing out your wife's life.

At about 10:44, the officer is asked if there were 911 calls about the struggle in the back yard. He hesitates and says no.
This is absolutely bonkers... how do you even go about your day after witnessing something like that and doing NOTHING?
If the neighbours were scared it's not like LE would tell the husband who called 911....

This is absolutely bonkers... how do you even go about your day after witnessing something like that and doing NOTHING?
If the neighbours were scared it's not like LE would tell the husband who called 911....
The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the neighbours may be illegals, had outstanding warrants or something like that. Because, like you, I can't think of any other reason why someone would not call 911.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the neighbours may be illegals, had outstanding warrants or something like that. Because, like you, I can't think of any other reason why someone would not call 911.
At this point, I'm looking for positives in a horrific tragedy.

FPD likely used the statement from these eye-witnesses to get a full confession. Had they not seen what occured that morning, I'll bet we'd still be looking for a wife who went for a run - reported missing by her husband. For God knows how long.

<< return for new case search
4 records found​
Case NumberNameParty TypeBirth DateAddressCourt
M-0346-CT-2019001127DANIEL PADUCHOWSKIDEFENDANT03/1966FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86004Sedona Municipal
P-1300-CR-920406DANIEL ANTHONY PADUCHOWSKIDEFENDANT03/1966SEDONA, AZ 86336Yavapai County Superior
J-1302-CR-20132364DANIEL ANTHONY PADUCHOWSKIDEFENDANT03/1966FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001Verde Valley Justice
J-0301-IA-2024000924DANIEL ANTHONY PADUCHOWSKIDEFENDANT03/1966FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001Flagstaff Justice

Daniel Paduchowski AIA

Architect
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States Contact info

About
I am a Registered Architect who has been working in the West for the past 25 years. I moved to Flagstaff 15 years ago in order to expand my horizons from Sedona. I have been fortunate to be the Project Architect on projects such as the Lumberyard Taproom & Grille, the Criollo Latin Restaurant, and the Root Public House in downtown Flagstaff, AZ.

More recent experiences have taken me into work creating net-zero homes built from adobe bricks and rammed earth. We still practice more conventional construction systems like wood frame and concrete masonry, but have found the benefit of using earth based materials for their energy performance and their low embodied energy.

Specialties: Reducing electrical use through Solar PV design. Passive solar, custom residential design projects from 900 sq. ft to 4200 sq. ft. Adobe residences which are perfect and wonderfully affordable for our climate. Off-grid residential designs. Micro-breweries. Cool restaurants. single family residential projects. Educating the public through teaching passive & active solar design classes in college & university environments.
This doesn't sound like a stellar career history from someone who's been a licensed architect for 25 years. And why did he leave Sedona? He had to get outta "Dodge"?

He's been a "project architect" for 2 bars and a Mexican restaurant? This sounds like something a junior architect would be doing, and is superficial interior design with perhaps some signage on the front. Hardly sophisticated. It's not like designing a building. And it looks like this kinda morphs into designing "microbreweries" (plural) and "cool restaurants" (plural).

And look how he describes "taken me into work creating net-zero homes". Who describes their career activities as "taken me into work"? I would venture to bet, he was not working a whole lot. There's no showcase of these accomplishments, or for instance, what he was actually designing.

Where exactly was he teaching? This sounds extremely vague. If you're teaching on a higher-ed campus, you'd always put the institution. Perhaps he gave a guest lecture or had a booth at an exhibition.

IMO he made a bunch of this up. And net-zero homes are hardly cutting edge. Plus, it doesn't sound like he's architect-ing them. Did he design someone's living room? It sounds like he's doing construction work or installing solar panels and working for "we", whoever that means.

Last edited:
After talking with Kelly’s friends and family, police arrested Daniel for aggravated assault charges, and his bond sits at $500,000.
//
“Today for instance we’ve had approximately 40 different trained search personnel out in the field assisting with multiple different types of teams ranging from just standard ground search units to different dog teams with different disciplines,” Simonsen said. “We’ve also utilized different types of resources such as our drones.”

New video at link. Lots of pictures of the house exterior showing several unfinished home improvement projects with an overall unkempt appearance. It looks very disorganized. Her facebook showed pics of her with her children but I don't see any toys or kid stuff in any of the pics.
Wow, that house yard is a mess. Not picked up, very basic, and seems to be falling apart.
And if he designed that house, who would hire him as an architect?
I'll bet there's history in Sedona.
Had this happened before?

The full timeline of events shows cell phone data, which places Kelly’s phone at Shutlze Creek Trail around 10:20 am. Police said because of this they are efforting the forest around Snowbowl on Wednesday.

Simonsen said they’ve heard a lot from the public about wanting to help, but they added that their team is trained to handle this kind of recovery.

“They’re trained to locate and secure evidence for whatever the circumstance may be,” he said. “It’s important for us to be able to document the areas that we are searching or our search personnel are well-versed in utilizing technology so we could track where we’ve been down to a very, very small location.”

All trails are still open, and police said there is no danger to the public.

With more people traveling to the high country and recreating outdoors over the Fourth of July holiday crews are hoping someone will find Kelly.
I like that SAR announced this clearly. We get cases—including one recently in SoCal—where untrained community volunteers swarmed the site, thwarted standard SAR resources like the heat-seeking drones, and then kvetched about SAR being inappropriately dressed and mustering before heading out.

This guy sounds just like Barry Morphew: the call, the bike ride, the aggression, the cover up. Poor woman. And those neighbours?! How can you watch a man assault a woman who remains motionless and then hoses down the area? In what world do you live when you see that and think 1 + 1 adds up to 0? My god.
I'm thinking it's a "rough" neighborhood, since the house is basic and unkempt. Perhaps he had a reputation? Perhaps they'd seen folks come and go, and concluded "gang affiliation"?

LISK lived in a wreck of a home. I think that the idea of an architect is often one of a person making great money. Not always the case as there are some who are not in lucrative areas of the profession. My guess is that there were drug and other issues with his business.

I wanna know why he left Sedona....
I also want to know why the sheriff hesitated about the 911 calls.
I also wanna know whether there will be other charges, perhaps more major. In Sedona? Did he have a previous wife?

After talking with Kelly’s friends and family, police arrested Daniel for aggravated assault charges, and his bond sits at $500,000.
//
“Today for instance we’ve had approximately 40 different trained search personnel out in the field assisting with multiple different types of teams ranging from just standard ground search units to different dog teams with different disciplines,” Simonsen said. “We’ve also utilized different types of resources such as our drones.”

New video at link. Lots of pictures of the house exterior showing several unfinished home improvement projects with an overall unkempt appearance. It looks very disorganized. Her facebook showed pics of her with her children but I don't see any toys or kid stuff in any of the pics.
What are those things hanging down in front of the door? What do they say? (1:02 in the video)
kellyphome.jpg

LISK lived in a wreck of a home. I think that the idea of an architect is often one of a person making great money. Not always the case as there are some who are not in lucrative areas of the profession. My guess is that there were drug and other issues with his business.
But his wife also seems actually to have been successful in her job. I'm puzzled by all this.

What are those things hanging down in front of the door? What do they say? (1:02 in the video)
View attachment 515981
Those are Buddhist prayer flags. Look at a photo of Everest Basecamp, and it's festooned with them.

Here's another Nepali peak. I picked this for FABULOUS. Photo free to use from Unsplash.

toomas-tartes-rpJAiQqpcRo-unsplash-2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover
Back