AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dateline NBC

A body found outside Phoenix, Arizona has been identified as missing 19-year-old Kiera Bergman, according to a press release from the Phoenix Police Department.

Authorities now consider Kiera's case an active homicide investigation. No arrests have been made in connection to her death.

Kiera was originally featured in Dateline’s Missing in America series shortly after her disappearance: Boyfriend of missing 19-year-old arrested on unrelated charges of aggravated identity theft, forgery

Parents of missing Phoenix woman found dead 'want justice for her'
“We now don't have to [keep] worrying every day where she is and what could be happening to her,” Bergman’s mom told Arizona’s Family reporter Maria Hechanova Wednesday, hours after police made the announcement that Bergman's body had been found. “We now know. We don't have that worry anymore.

“Now what we have to worry about is now planning our daughter's funeral and living the rest of our life without her,” Bragg continued. “I don't know what's worse --- not knowing or I don't know right now. … My mind and my feelings are everywhere.”

At this point, police have not said how or when Bergman died. They also have not released any suspect information.

“We're thankful that she's been found; we want justice for her, Bragg said. “We want to
know what happened to her and who did this to her and we want those people to get what they deserve.”

Thank you so much @BBuff518 !! And welcome. This was very helpful. I am hoping LE pulled all of the cameras and could trace her car (and JC) to see where they went after Progressive. Maybe that is why they continue to find him of interest.
Was their any indication in the arrest documents that perhaps the BF got confidential information from Progressive clients? That could be quite problematic on many levels IMO.

The only solace is that she was found...in places like AZ, it could have taken years, if ever...hoping evidence still exists at least as to cause of death, if not pointing to an actual suspect. I have a feeling at least one person will talk now.

Wednesday, Sept. 5th:
*Arraignment Hearing continued (@ 8:30am PT) – AZ – Kiera Lanae Bergman (19) (Aug. 4, 2018-missing; not reported until Aug. 6, 2018) – Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark (23) (BF) arrested (8/17/18) & charged (8/18/18) with 22 counts of aggravated identity theft & 2 counts of forgery. $25K bond.
Clark had a warrant from out of state, but was also booked in Phoenix with the new charges. Also violated probation on another charge (not stated) & will also be heard at this hearing on 8/24. Not a POI or suspect in Kiera’s disappearance (yet!).
8/24/18 Update: According to court documents, Clark was found to have the "identifying information for 21 individuals" in his possession. The information belonged to people who lived in the San Diego County area. Also information included valid California ID cards and life insurance application forms containing bank account information with Clark's signature as the insurance agent. Clark was found to have two South Carolina licenses with the name Jean Deborah Pannel and two California licenses with the name Deborah Jean Pannell. His photograph was on the licenses, according to court documents.
8/24/18 Update: Charges may have been dismissed & he is out of jail. The County Attorney's Office has requested additional information from law enforcement to make a determination" on what formal charges will or will not be brought, said Rebecca Wilder, Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokeswoman. ""The charges are under review." Court appearance Friday (8/24), the court commissioner ordered him to be released, Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman Bryan Bouchard confirmed. He said a probation revocation hearing for Clark was vacated because no petition to revoke was filed. Still looking for info.
8/27/18 Update: Sgt. Bryant Vanegas, a Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Clark was charged (8/24/18) with a probation violation right before he was to be released Saturday. Clark was on probation from a 2018 theft arrest from when he was living in California, records show. His probation agreement forbids him from engaging in any criminal activity. He was the last person to see her before she left the apartment without her purse, wallet or keys. Nothing yet on whether he has been released or not as of 8/27/18.
8/28/18 Update: Had initial first appearance on 8/28/18, Arraignment hearing on 9/4, Pretrial conference hearing on 10/17 & Comprehensive Pretrial conference on 11/21.
9/4/18 Update: Plead not guilty; arraignment hearing continued to 9/5.

Wouldn't he be considered a flight risk with all his access to false IDs?

When I first read about her things being stuffed in the back of her closet, I instantly had a bad feeling that it would end this sad way.

I am still on the fence about who did this though. I am suspicious of her bf, but her 2 roomies give me the creeps even more. And then, slight chance, but still possible, she turned to a new guy for help and he betrayed her? IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member