AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, Sept. 4th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – AZ – Kiera Lanae Bergman (19) (Aug. 4, 2018-missing; not reported until Aug. 6, 2018) – Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark (23) (BF) arrested (8/17/18) & charged (8/18/18) with 22 counts of aggravated identity theft & 2 counts of forgery. $25K bond.
Clark had a warrant from out of state, but was also booked in Phoenix with the new charges. Also violated probation on another charge (not stated) & will also be heard at this hearing on 8/24. Not a POI or suspect in Kiera’s disappearance (yet!).
8/24/18 Update: According to court documents, Clark was found to have the "identifying information for 21 individuals" in his possession. The information belonged to people who lived in the San Diego County area. Also information included valid California ID cards and life insurance application forms containing bank account information with Clark's signature as the insurance agent. Clark was found to have two South Carolina licenses with the name Jean Deborah Pannel and two California licenses with the name Deborah Jean Pannell. His photograph was on the licenses, according to court documents.
8/24/18 Update: Charges may have been dismissed & he is out of jail. The County Attorney's Office has requested additional information from law enforcement to make a determination" on what formal charges will or will not be brought, said Rebecca Wilder, Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokeswoman. ""The charges are under review." Court appearance Friday (8/24), the court commissioner ordered him to be released, Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman Bryan Bouchard confirmed. He said a probation revocation hearing for Clark was vacated because no petition to revoke was filed. Still looking for info.
8/27/18 Update: Sgt. Bryant Vanegas, a Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Clark was charged (8/24/18) with a probation violation right before he was to be released Saturday. Clark was on probation from a 2018 theft arrest from when he was living in California, records show. His probation agreement forbids him from engaging in any criminal activity. He was the last person to see her before she left the apartment without her purse, wallet or keys. Nothing yet on whether he has been released or not as of 8/27/18.
8/28/18 Update: Had initial first appearance on 8/28/18, Arraignment hearing on 9/4, Pretrial conference hearing on 10/17 & Comprehensive Pretrial conference on 11/21.

On the Kiera Bergman missing person Facebook group someone mentioned Destiny’s IG has NO missing persons posts for Kiera. No mention of her at all. Seems like she has gone to business as usual and really doesn’t care. :( To me that should be of some concern to LE. Her IG is now private. I guess she was being heckled by some people.

Another body found yesterday. This one is a female. The location is 49 minutes southeast of Indigo Creek Apartments:

“Mesa police are investigating a suspicious death after a body was found on the grounds of a cemetery Monday.

The body of a woman was found near Sossaman Rd. along Main St. on the grounds of Mountain View Cemetery, said Mesa Police spokesperson, Brandi George.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.az...pd-investigate-body-found-on-cemetery-grounds

Google Maps

Considering the heat and length of time Kiera's been missing, the fact that this body is readily identifiable as both female and suspicious death in nature would make the odds of this one being her awfully low I'd think due to decomp...

Esp also considering cemetery's are typically places with semi-regular traffic, plus a lot of grounds maintenance, so in addition to what presumably isn't a lot of decomp for them to already know female and looks suspicious, the body couldn't have been there very long logistically I don't imagine either - which means for it to be Kiera she'd have to have been kept alive and just killed and dumped.

I am continuously hitting refresh on the article when I can remember while I’m at work. No word so far. But I don’t think the buckeye body has to do with Kiera. They mentioned a lime green bike in the article. Not sure how that would fit in this case???
I did not see any mention of a lime green bike. I went back and checked the one I posted and the one above. But, if there is one that does mention that bike, there is a rent a bike service in Scottsdale with lime green bikes...

upload_2018-9-5_4-30-1.jpeg

It is one of those Bike-Share's... you rent them and then just leave them where you are done. The bike-share in Tempe has yellow bikes.

Last edited:
Hey! The court site doesn't have any updates on "what" happened yesterday... next hearing they have on there is 10/17.
Haven't seen any "recent" articles either....

Thank you: I knew you would keep an eye on it!

They must have updated the page overnight; it now also shows:

“9/5/2018 152 - ME: Not Guilty Plea Arraign - Party (001)” (BBM)
Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

Whoever knows where Kiera is, how can we get them to talk?

Attachments

• 6CFDFCF1-9033-4192-9773-56CB170D3E43.jpeg
    6CFDFCF1-9033-4192-9773-56CB170D3E43.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 14
Looks like they continued his arraignment until today. Also, it does not appear that he has had a Public Defender assigned to him yet. Also, these are new charges. Not probation violations. So, maybe they were able to talk the County Atty into charging out at least some of the new forgery charges that they had good evidence in?? Wonder what he did with all of the money he made from all those scams, because he didn't hire a lawyer with it? Hoping he does not get a bail set today that he can afford to bail out!

Wednesday, Sept. 5th:
*Arraignment Hearing continued (@ 8:30am PT) – AZ – Kiera Lanae Bergman (19) (Aug. 4, 2018-missing; not reported until Aug. 6, 2018) – Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark (23) (BF) arrested (8/17/18) & charged (8/18/18) with 22 counts of aggravated identity theft & 2 counts of forgery. $25K bond.
Clark had a warrant from out of state, but was also booked in Phoenix with the new charges. Also violated probation on another charge (not stated) & will also be heard at this hearing on 8/24. Not a POI or suspect in Kiera’s disappearance (yet!).
8/24/18 Update: According to court documents, Clark was found to have the "identifying information for 21 individuals" in his possession. The information belonged to people who lived in the San Diego County area. Also information included valid California ID cards and life insurance application forms containing bank account information with Clark's signature as the insurance agent. Clark was found to have two South Carolina licenses with the name Jean Deborah Pannel and two California licenses with the name Deborah Jean Pannell. His photograph was on the licenses, according to court documents.
8/24/18 Update: Charges may have been dismissed & he is out of jail. The County Attorney's Office has requested additional information from law enforcement to make a determination" on what formal charges will or will not be brought, said Rebecca Wilder, Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokeswoman. ""The charges are under review." Court appearance Friday (8/24), the court commissioner ordered him to be released, Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman Bryan Bouchard confirmed. He said a probation revocation hearing for Clark was vacated because no petition to revoke was filed. Still looking for info.
8/27/18 Update: Sgt. Bryant Vanegas, a Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Clark was charged (8/24/18) with a probation violation right before he was to be released Saturday. Clark was on probation from a 2018 theft arrest from when he was living in California, records show. His probation agreement forbids him from engaging in any criminal activity. He was the last person to see her before she left the apartment without her purse, wallet or keys. Nothing yet on whether he has been released or not as of 8/27/18.
8/28/18 Update: Had initial first appearance on 8/28/18, Arraignment hearing on 9/4, Pretrial conference hearing on 10/17 & Comprehensive Pretrial conference on 11/21.
9/4/18 Update: Plead not guilty; arraignment hearing continued to 9/5.

Looks like they continued his arraignment until today. Also, it does not appear that he has had a Public Defender assigned to him yet. Also, these are new charges. Not probation violations. So, maybe they were able to talk the County Atty into charging out at least some of the new forgery charges that they had good evidence in?? Wonder what he did with all of the money he made from all those scams, because he didn't hire a lawyer with it? Hoping he does not get a bail set today that he can afford to bail out!

I believe the arraignment did take place yesterday and that September 5th is the date that the resulting documents are filed with the Clerk of the Court (“Docket Date”).

In terms of the charges he faces, as entries

“State Of Arizona - (1) Plaintiff N/A County Attorney, Grand Jury
under “Party Information”

and

“8/27/2018 (Filing Date) 604 - ME: GJ True Bill/Warrant Issue - Party (001) 8/30/2018 (Docket Date)”
under “Case Documents” (BBM)

indicate, he has been indicted by a grand jury on the following felony charges:
AGG TAKING ID-GT 3 UNLAW 8/13/2018 (Crime Date)

FORGERY-POSS FORGED INSTRUMENT 8/17/2018

FORGERY-POSS FORGED INSTRUMENT 8/17/2018

Attachments

• 903DEF26-0605-442F-9FD7-7DCB87C0AF80.jpeg
    903DEF26-0605-442F-9FD7-7DCB87C0AF80.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2
According to Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office’s “Inmate Information” page, his bond amount is $25,000.00. There is no projected release date.

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

Attachments

• 1FEB5D32-E30B-4BCB-A4C1-78E709CE5B33.jpeg
    1FEB5D32-E30B-4BCB-A4C1-78E709CE5B33.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 9EEFA64B-5C89-4F87-82BD-42297C18E7B3.jpeg
    9EEFA64B-5C89-4F87-82BD-42297C18E7B3.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 3F4E353B-BB8E-4670-A6B8-65B9A42DF7FA.jpeg
    3F4E353B-BB8E-4670-A6B8-65B9A42DF7FA.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2
Status