AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her NAMUS page was just modified. I don't know if it is because there is DNA added or something else...

Original

I didn't see this up before... but that doesn't mean it was not there!
Missing Person Case

No clothing is listed. JC couldn't tell LE what she was wearing when she left the apartment?

Another thing I have thought about is many times police will make statements to get a suspect to do something. Or try to flush the person out. So I wonder when they said that JC was not a suspect; where they trying to put heat on the GF? They followed that up with something like "we have several avenues we are investigating" Hmm. If its not JC it would make the real person really nervous.

I feel like a fish, one day it's xyz, the next zyx ...

One thing for sure. LE really wants to keep JC in custody, so they suspect something. Maybe we need to stick with Occam's Razor in this case. Quack, Moo, Baaaa.

Also, Arizona is not afraid of prosecuting murder cases with no body; Jhessye Shockley, Jaimie Laiaddee for example. So depending on what is going on behind the scenes, we could see a charge in the future. Maybe they are waiting for forensic results to come back.

I feel like a fish, one day it's xyz, the next zyx ...

One thing for sure. LE really wants to keep JC in custody, so they suspect something. Maybe we need to stick with Occam's Razor in this case. Quack, Moo, Baaaa.

Also, Arizona is not afraid of prosecuting murder cases with no body; Jhessye Shockley, Jaimie Laiaddee for example. So depending on what is going on behind the scenes, we could see a charge in the future. Maybe they are waiting for forensic results to come back.

I am just not feeling it. He never hid or refused to talk. I know many on the official Facebook page are now questioning why the roommate has gone mia. Someone said maybe JC was having a relationship with DHC and Kierra found out and that is why she was upset at work. But I don't buy that either. JC and DHC don't seem friends at all.

The family is saying there is no proof that JC took Kierra back to the apartment. But I do think she went to the apartment. I think that is why her purse was there. I can't imagine going to work without my purse.

Maybe they went to the apartment. JC and Kierra get in an argument. She leaves to take a walk. She calls/messages DHC and DHC has her boyfriend pick Kierra up. (because DHC is still at work) Things go bad and Kierra goes missing.

I have been wondering if Kiera and the roommate got into a fight at work. Maybe that's why she called JC to pick her up early. He said Kiera left the apartment and then he texted her. I would like to know what time he left after that.

I have been wondering if Kiera and the roommate got into a fight at work. Maybe that's why she called JC to pick her up early. He said Kiera left the apartment and then he texted her. I would like to know what time he left after that.

The biggest thing that doesn't make sense if JC did something--is DHC saying she was messaging with Kiera after she left the apartment. And the story about her meeting some guy to smoke and chill. If JC had done something the roommate wouldn't be able to say she messaged with Kiera later that day. And if HDC made that up; well that would be very suspicious.

I think if that happened Kiera would have told JC?

The biggest thing that doesn't make sense if JC did something--is DHC saying she was messaging with Kiera after she left the apartment. And the story about her meeting some guy to smoke and chill. If JC had done something the roommate wouldn't be able to say she messaged with Kiera later that day. And if HDC made that up; well that would be very suspicious.

Unless the boyfriend had her phone and was sending messages from her to people. Kiera's mom said the message she sent was out of character because it was so long and Kiera usually is a very brief texter. Who do we know that sends long rambling messages? JC.

I have no idea what I think happened, though. JC struck me as more genuine than the others but he's also been arrested for scamming so maybe he's just a good liar. I can't figure it out. I don't see why any of them would want to hurt Kiera though. Nothing adds up.

No new info, but Detectives do have some things they are working on that they can not share at this moment

https://www.sfgate.com/news/media/Search-still-on-for-missing-Kiera-Bergman-nearly-1330286.php

At about the 30-35 second mark of this news video, the reporter says that "foul play is suspected in her death" and then repeats the word death a second time a few seconds later when talking about JC's arrests on identity theft charges. Does this mean anything, or is the reporter tired and overworked and misspoke without any additional knowledge?

At about the 30-35 second mark of this news video, the reporter says that "foul play is suspected in her death" and then repeats the word death a second time a few seconds later when talking about JC's arrests on identity theft charges. Does this mean anything, or is the reporter tired and overworked and misspoke without any additional knowledge?
She said he was arrested "not in connection to her death, but on charges of identity theft".

“I heard they got into a fight over Facetime and then Kiera went home early and Jon picked her up. Employees said she looked distraught and they saw her leave with him," Bragg told FOX 5.
Mother of missing East County teen questions ex-boyfriend’s role

Not sure who told Kiera's Mom about the facetime fight with JC

Last edited:
Okay - finally found some court docs on him!! This is for his forgery stuff - I thought that was dismissed? But no where on this page does it say it WAS dismissed & it has court dates for this charge.

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark 13-2009A1 (F3) AGG TAKING ID-GT 3 UNLAW 8/13/2018
Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark 13-2002A2 (F4) FORGERY-POSS FORGED INSTRUMENT 8/17/2018
Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark 13-2002A2 (F4) FORGERY-POSS FORGED INSTRUMENT 8/17/2018

Case Calendar
Date Time Event
8/28/2018 23:00 Initial Appearance
9/4/2018 8:30 Original Arraignment Hearing
10/17/2018 8:15 Initial Pretrial Conference
11/21/2018 8:31 Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

Case #CR2018-005378-001

link: Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

I am wondering why they cannot figure out when she left or even if she arrived at her apartment. Even the crappy apartment buildings have cameras around the buildings and parking areas. Surely, they would catch some glimpse of her coming and/or going.

Okay - finally found some court docs on him!! This is for his forgery stuff - I thought that was dismissed? But no where on this page does it say it WAS dismissed & it has court dates for this charge.

Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jon-Christopher Marcus Clark 13-2009A1 (F3) AGG TAKING ID-GT 3 UNLAW 8/13/2018

Case Calendar
Date Time Event
8/28/2018 23:00 Initial Appearance
9/4/2018 8:30 Original Arraignment Hearing
10/17/2018 8:15 Initial Pretrial Conference
11/21/2018 8:31 Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

Case #CR2018-005378-001

link: Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

Thank you so much, Niner: Great work here!

Looking at the case information and some of the past articles, I do not believe that the identity theft and forgery charges against Clark were ever dismissed.

From one of the articles reporting that Clark was set to be released from jail:

“‘’The County Attorney's Office has requested additional information from law enforcement to make a determination’ on what formal charges will or will not be brought, said Rebecca Wilder, Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokeswoman.

The charges are under review,’ Wilder said.

In Clark's court appearance Friday, the court commissioner ordered him to be released, Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman Bryan Bouchard confirmed. He said a probation revocation hearing for Clark was vacated because no petition to revoke was filed.

As far as charges being dropped or levied, that's the County Attorney's determination, not the court,’ Bouchard said.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/1086896002 (BBM)

Instead, it appears that unbeknownst to the public, the County Attorney had already taken the case to a grand jury by that point, and the jurors decided the prosecution presented enough evidence against Clark and he should be indicted on the three charges listed under “Disposition Information”: Hence the following entries under “Case Documents” (GJ: Grand Jury):

“8/29/2018 ROC– Release Order/Order Regarding Counsel - Party (001)” [I would like to know whether the judge ordered Clark to be released on these particular charges; regardless, he will remain in custody due to the probation violation]”

[SBM]

“8/27/2018 IND - Indictment - Party (001)”

“8/27/2018 604 - ME: GJ True Bill/Warrant Issue - Party (001)” (BBM)

This further indicates to me that the authorities are doing everything they can to keep Clark in custody.

Looking forward to the arraignment hearing on Tuesday.

By the way, I didn’t realize until now that it was “a 2018 theft arrest from when he was living in California” that Clark was on probation for.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/1099306002

Attachments

• 440A2B6E-A4E5-4510-BE3C-940C2C276C0D.jpeg
    440A2B6E-A4E5-4510-BE3C-940C2C276C0D.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors